Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- jjwalker - 2010-01-22

I am running it on the Camelot version

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-22

jjwalker Wrote:I am running it on the Camelot version
Ah, sorry. I wasn't sure from your post if you had tried reverting to a previous version. Not sure what to suggest, going back to Camelot worked immediately for me.

- lboyce - 2010-01-22

jjwalker Wrote:Hello,

I have been an XBMC user for over a year recently I upgrade my hardware and went to Windows 7 platform. Previously I had XP and running build 24114 DX I had the Andyblac aeon (showmix) skin with the previous version of HTE I never had any issues running the script with my previous setup. I now installed the Camelot version, using the Andyblac aeon (showmix) I have the newest SVN and install the latest version of HTE. I then went to the script settings and set it up as per my previous version (2 random streaming trailers, 720, with a feature presentation clip). When I go to run HTE it starts running I then get a message saying home theater experience is setting up the playlist and then nothing happens I don't even get an error message. I tried to run a debug log but nothing happens. I went through this thread and could not find any issue similar to mine. I was unable to confirm if this new version of HTE runs on the ANDYBLAC Skin but did confirm it runs on confluence so tried reinstalling the HTE script with confluence but the same thing happen. I have no clue what to do. I have everything back to the way it was with the exception of the HTE script which is very important to complete my XBMC setup. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated XBMC is not the same with out this script. please help

Thanks in advance

I'm having the exact same issue as you are. Recently upgraded to Windows 7, installed stable build of Camelot and the newest HTE script and the same thing happens. Says it's setting up playlist and then nothing happens. Running it on confluence, which before worked without a hitch. Getting frustrated.

The only thing I noticed is that, when I ran the debug mode the last entry always says "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'movie_title' referenced before assignment"

- dbldown768 - 2010-01-22

Juanflaco Wrote:The Dolby/DTS/Other videos can be any playable format, and can be named anything you like. The only requirement is that you specify the "Dolby/DTS" folder in the script settings, and within this designated folder you have three subdirectories named "Dolby", "DTS" and "Other" which each contain the clip(s) you'd like to play for that audio format. See the first post of this thread for a visual of the directory structure.

So I created a folder similar to the structure on the first page. However, it seems that all my movies end up playing the video files only from the "Other" folder. What is the script using to key off of which folder ("Dolby", "DTS", "Other") to play the clips from?

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-23

dbldown768 Wrote:So I created a folder similar to the structure on the first page. However, it seems that all my movies end up playing the video files only from the "Other" folder. What is the script using to key off of which folder ("Dolby", "DTS", "Other") to play the clips from?
I'm not positive, but I believe these are detected by XBMC based on the file itself. Do you have audio flags enabled in your skin, and if so, do you see Dolby and DTS flags on your library entries?

- dbldown768 - 2010-01-23

This is why im not sure how it works. I do see dolby digital flags on my files but for some reason the script only accesses the Other directory. This is why I though it was keying off the ac3 shown in the log file not the flags.

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-23

dbldown768 Wrote:This is why im not sure how it works. I do see dolby digital flags on my files but for some reason the script only accesses the Other directory. This is why I though it was keying off the ac3 shown in the log file not the flags.
Could you post the relavent section of the log file? I'm not an expert but I'd be happy to take a look.

What I was talking about was included in post 448 of this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=489275&postcount=448) at line 3. You will see that it shows "Audio: ac-3". I just was assuming that this is how it was determining what folder to use because the line above states the rating "MPAA: R" and I'm guessing that is how it picks the R.avi file to play.

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-23

Ok. Gotcha. Those lines seem to be displaying what the script has picked up as the relevant values to be used for deciding on which rating and audio videos to play (and perhaps genre is being collected to be used for filtering trivia?)

I assume you'll need to troubleshoot a prior step to determine where it got the ac-3 from in the first place, because this log seems to just be displaying the value for troubleshooting purposes. I'm not sure what to suggest since you've indicated the entries appear correct from within the skin (as you're seeing the correct audio flags.)

Can you examine nfo files or the library itself to see if you have "ac-3" in there somewhere for this film?

Yeah, the AC-3 is definately comming from the NFO files. But AC-3 is dolby digital. I was wondering what Dolby should be? Dolby==Dolby? DTS==DTS??

- mccorkled - 2010-01-23

For Unrated movies and this script

is the MPAA rating, "U" or "Unrated"

thanks Big Grin

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-23

dbldown768 Wrote:Yeah, the AC-3 is definately comming from the NFO files. But AC-3 is dolby digital. I was wondering what Dolby should be? Dolby==Dolby? DTS==DTS??
Ok, bingo. I just checked mine and the format should be "ac3" (no hyphen.)

- mccorkled - 2010-01-23

Im getting a delay in video when it switches from trivia to the first random concession stand video. When I hit esc+esc to exit the trivia, I can hear the audio but the video doesnt start for about 5-10 seconds.

Anyone else experience this?

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-23

mccorkled Wrote:Im getting a delay in video when it switches from trivia to the first random concession stand video. When I hit esc+esc to exit the trivia, I can hear the audio but the video doesnt start for about 5-10 seconds.

Anyone else experience this?
I'm not seeing this - but I do have one observation: I previously had to hit esc twice as you describe, but I don't any more. Perhaps you're on an older version of the script?

Edit: I will say, this sounds more like a performance issue than a problem with the script. How does the video play if you kick it off directly without involving HTE?

- mccorkled - 2010-01-23

My video playback is fine normally. I have a GTX285 1GB. Is the newest version of the script on the SVNRepo Installer? If so, it says Im up to date.