Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Nuka1195 - 2010-09-07

exactly, only file or folder should show, and play, file, folder should not show unless clip(s) was the choice and is highlighted.

so knowing that, are the settings useable. can you live with it? it makes it harder to ksee your playlist order at a quick glance, like in my screenshot.

- snappz - 2010-09-07

I certainly have no problem with the layout.
Scrolling is easy enough.

I never got around to using the old script so I really have no comparison.

- snappz - 2010-09-07

Is this more what you were hoping to see of you don't select an item

- SlaveUnit - 2010-09-07

Nuka1195, I am wondering if you have removed the Apple trailers. I see that you have a folder for trailers. If this is not used does it still use the Apple streaming ones?

Also is there anyway to use a folder to play random music while the slides play over having to use a playlist. Or is it pretty simple to make a playlist that will play random files from within a folder? Maybe I should already know this.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-09-07

snappz no.

here is with no item selected.

with a selction of clip(s)

trailers is supported by a new addon that is not ready or you can point to a folder of trailers.

if you use the addon, most settings from the addon will be used.

music will be handled with playlists.
reason is, if you have a small collection just create a playlist and set random on(i may be able to enable random play)
if you have a large collection use a smart playlist(now supported)
most slideshows are 10-20 minutes long? thats 4 to 8 songs typically. no need to search 1000 songs for that few.

smartplaylists require you have your music scanned into xbmc library.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-09-07

For me I have about 20 music themes I use during the slides so the "random" feature would be perfect.

Thanks for the reply Nuka.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-07

Nuka1195 Wrote:no.

try http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/packages/script.cinema.zip

highlighted the wrong file.

OMG yes so can I use the install from zip option to install this?

im using the Dharma Beta1 SVN

-=Jason=-

- snappz - 2010-09-08

Nuka1195 Wrote:snappz no.

Ah, I get it now. Well I'm getting what my screenshots show

- BDPNA - 2010-09-08

Okay, using it with latest build of Aeon for Dharma and Beta 1.

First impressions - I am STOKED. This script is going to ROCK. I can tell so much care is going into it.

Please forgive any nitpick comments here as I realize you are posting this WAY early and not done at all, so you probably are already aware of 95% of what I am about to say. As a programmer I realize that can be frustrating, but I just want to make sure.

Definitely crashes when attempt made to move to maintenance but I realize that is expected right now.

Not sure what Theme is yet or how that will apply to the final experience, but plan to play with it more as things stabilize.

So far I don't see an option to specify how long to run trivia for, unless I am missing something, I see the slides option but only a random number of slides to select. I'd expect to see a "minutes" there.

Also, some redundancy perhaps between the miscellaneous tab and the playlist tab but again I may be missing something. If I specified a folder here for trailers and one for slides, I would expect the playlist screen to just use these values and not allow me to choose unless I am overriding for some reason I guess.

I did try and add the SCRIPTS option back to my Aeon menu, and got a "Error: Script Failed! Addon.py" message but I guess that's because we're not ready for primetime just yet.

Keep it up, I love what I am seeing! THANK YOU!!!!!

- Nuka1195 - 2010-09-08

no redundancy, your settings aren't working right, thought i explained that in a previous post with pictures.

i'll make an updated patch available to those who wish to use it, but i wouldn't expect it to be included in xbmc. it is in xbmc4xbox however and works good.

it appears without the patch the settings are confusing.

the test is only the settings no script added.

- BDPNA - 2010-09-09

Nuka,

Okay I read back some posts and totally get what you are doing here now.

So yes, to answer you question, it doesn't look like the settings portion is totally working with an unpatched xbmc. However, I think with some instructions for users who want to apply a diff patch, this is not a big deal to ask of folks who want to use this plugin, if the dev team does not integrate your code into the nightly SVNs. But I think they should consider this obviously as it is an enhancement to the ability of plugins to use settings dialogs correctly.

I would not anticipate myself needing anything close to 15 entires in the file list.

Also, I do not use the quicktime streaming app anymore as it was unreliable for speed, I much prefer the option to use my local folder of trailers.

And yes, I can confirm the maintenance option totally crashes xbmc, and unfortunately it does seem that the settings menu is not playing well with the override. It doesn't seem to care what option I pick (slides, trailers, etc), the options below for specifying a file or a folder still are available to use. It also doesn't care what options I have picked on the master screen to set a trailers and a dts clip folder. However that is not a dealbreaker for me, I can be smart enough to set my own folders or single files up. The only issue I see is that when I select "slides" I have the same options below to select a single file or folder. Obviously I'd expect those options to be different for the type "slides".

Again I have no problem applying the diff patch to Dharma beta 1 or the nightly SVNs to help test, and I'd go as far as diff patching all the time if it meant being able to use this script.

But from what I am seeing, so far this is all settings, nothing that actually works yet. But it is a fantastic groundwork so thank you! Let me know what else I can test/answer.

- BDPNA - 2010-09-09

By the way I can confirm under Dharma Beta 1 (using Aeon skin) the same sort of thing. All 15 clips are rolled out like in this screen shot posted a page or two back...

And that when I pick slides, etc, the options below still stay the same (Play, File, Folder). I do not see an option for duration anywhere.

Looks like a bug/overlooked area with the settings hide/show logic for plugins in the current xbmc beta.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-09-09

right no actual working script yet. i have it creating the playlist, just not playing anything yet.

in fairness to team xbmc, the settings patch i did, adds functionality, but there is still some ability to hide unneeded settings. it's just what i need/want can't be done.

so if you want i will make the patch available for xbmc and a beta release maybe this weekend if i get it working somewhat. you still can use it without the patch, except for the maintenance tab. (nothing huge there right now anyways), you just have to know what settings are needed for what your trying.

- BDPNA - 2010-09-09

Yeah that's cool with me. Sounds like a version without the fancy hiding/unhiding stuff is the way to start if that's possible until extra abilities may be added in the future.

The way it stands now, it looks like I can do everything on the playlist screen except set up slide durations, since I don't see that option at all appear even when I pick the slides option. But it looks like I can do videos (set or random) just fine with settings as it's working today.

- BDPNA - 2010-09-17

Anything new, Nuka my friend? If your life's like mine, you probably have a lot of other stuff on your plate, just wanted to remind you if there's a beta or something I can test, hit me up.