Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- BigBlack - 2010-09-18

NUka I don't know if you are still thinking of that, but I'd like to have a trailer fuction, to play trailer from movies in the database instead of theater's movies. If you can do also that, it can ben great. Smile Also, if you can, chosing if play only, don't seen movie trailer. Specially for ones like me that use XBMC for the family, and they don't know which movies, they don't seen.

- nickvda - 2010-09-18

BigBlack Wrote:NUka I don't know if you are still thinking of that, but I'd like to have a trailer fuction, to play trailer from movies in the database instead of theater's movies. If you can do also that, it can ben great. Smile Also, if you can, chosing if play only, don't seen movie trailer. Specially for ones like me that use XBMC for the family, and they don't know which movies, they don't seen.

That would be great, and better yet, if you can play from "New trailer" folders, or movie database trailers, or mix both up, (and allow/disable) trailers of watched movies.

Would be SO AWESOME

- BigBlack - 2010-09-20

Great someone that think that like me Smile Anyone else? Tongue

- puulima - 2010-09-24

nickvda Wrote:That would be great, and better yet, if you can play from "New trailer" folders, or movie database trailers, or mix both up, (and allow/disable) trailers of watched movies.

Would be SO AWESOME

I just posted a similar request/inquiry on the one of the NIGHT skin's threads - related to possibly adding a "Trailers" Menu item using a separate Video Source for "New trailers" (ie: trailers for which I have no movie for yet) from their own folder.

I haven't read all the way through this topic so I might be a bit off topic - but ANY possible way to select/view/play trailers in XBMC from a selection of (new) trailers would be fantastic.

The WAF (or FAF) would soar through the stratosphere if they could easily & quickly select trailers for new movies, and watch instantly. My thought was to somehow have XBMC scrape for the cover art, plot etc so the experience would mirror selecting a movie. Seems like there would have to be a "flag" where you set the content so XBMC didn't drop the new trailers into the Movies section of the Library - but I'm sure there are other ways to skin the cat (pun intended).

As I noted in another post - who do I have to buy the poke and beer for?

- GJones - 2010-09-24

puulima Wrote:I just posted a similar request/inquiry on the one of the NIGHT skin's threads - related to possibly adding a "Trailers" Menu item using a separate Video Source for "New trailers" (ie: trailers for which I have no movie for yet) from their own folder.

I haven't read all the way through this topic so I might be a bit off topic - but ANY possible way to select/view/play trailers in XBMC from a selection of (new) trailers would be fantastic.

The WAF (or FAF) would soar through the stratosphere if they could easily & quickly select trailers for new movies, and watch instantly. My thought was to somehow have XBMC scrape for the cover art, plot etc so the experience would mirror selecting a movie. Seems like there would have to be a "flag" where you set the content so XBMC didn't drop the new trailers into the Movies section of the Library - but I'm sure there are other ways to skin the cat (pun intended).

As I noted in another post - who do I have to buy the poke and beer for?

My (perl) script downloads the trailer, builds and NFO and downloads the thumb. What I need help in is the plugin part that goes from those three items to a plugin view. They can be sorted by the release date of the film (newest first) because that data is there.

- t2ffn - 2010-09-25

Why not just use apple movie trailers?

I'm not 100% sure i'm following your requests, as that is what apple movie trailers is...

- puulima - 2010-09-25

t2ffn Wrote:Why not just use apple movie trailers?

I'm not 100% sure i'm following your requests, as that is what apple movie trailers is...

AMT requires you to select one trailer at a time and wait for it to download/save it before moving on. I'm looking for 2 things: a way to "batch" download all the trailers I select. Then once they are local files, have a fancy way to watch them. Then when I go back to AMT, I'd like to know what trailers are NEW since the last time I loaded AMT. Memory ain't what it used to be with 3 kids...

For now, I've added my "New Trailers" folder as a separate source and flagged the content as Movies, but checked off the radio button to NOT add it to the Library. Then when we want to watch trailers, I go in through VIDEOS and select the source. Would be nice to have a "TRAILERS" item on the Main Menu like the Movies or TV Shows items. But I understand that if they were in the Library it would be confusing.

I configured AMT to download the cover art and nfo files so covered there. Also configured it to add "-trailer" at the end of the file name.

- t2ffn - 2010-09-25

I guess if the home theatre script worked (Doesn't work on my XBMC Live) only new trailers would be wanted.

The new skin, Aeon MQ2 has trailers option on the home menu. (Very nice looking skin)

It simply links to AMT, but I stream them, I dont download them. Maybe it could be adapted to work with AMT by streaming a random trailer, and adding it to a "watched list" afterwards, so the next random trailer you stream, is not on your "Watched list"...?

This way you dont have to download in advance, and it will be very slick.

- puulima - 2010-09-25

t2ffn Wrote:I guess if the home theatre script worked (Doesn't work on my XBMC Live) only new trailers would be wanted.

The new skin, Aeon MQ2 has trailers option on the home menu. (Very nice looking skin)

It simply links to AMT, but I stream them, I dont download them. Maybe it could be adapted to work with AMT by streaming a random trailer, and adding it to a "watched list" afterwards, so the next random trailer you stream, is not on your "Watched list"...?

This way you don't have to download in advance, and it will be very slick.

I end up keeping them for when I have the movie - so guests can watch the trailer first. Unfortunately out in the country, streaming isn't possible for any of the HD stuff so I have to download anyways.

I'm using NIGHT and like it very much - is AEON compatible with Dharma beta (2)? Who wrote AMT BTW?

- firefoxtamer - 2010-09-27

I have been using XBMC for about a year now, and love the program. I am building a multimedia system for my 6 year old niece who loves this script, the trivia, the trailers and the feeling of a real theater. However, it is too difficult for her to go into the movie information and run the script every time that she wants to watch a movie. Is there a way to automate this task (that way whenever you click on a movie) it will automatically run the script? I hope there is, seeing as how she lives about one hundred miles away (and walking a six year old through a computer step via phone - can be, well difficult!) If anybody knows please do tell. I have searched through the XML files and have found nothing that I can trigger. Thank you for your help. - RLH

- firefoxtamer - 2010-10-01

Finally found an answer to my question. I was able to get the script tor run before every movie using an XBMC rebuild (based off of the Dharma branch), that I managed after some time to get compiled. Thanks for the help, errr I guess.:-D

- nickvda - 2010-10-01

puulima Wrote:AMT requires you to select one trailer at a time and wait for it to download/save it before moving on. I'm looking for 2 things: a way to "batch" download all the trailers I select. Then once they are local files, have a fancy way to watch them. Then when I go back to AMT, I'd like to know what trailers are NEW since the last time I loaded AMT. Memory ain't what it used to be with 3 kids...

For now, I've added my "New Trailers" folder as a separate source and flagged the content as Movies, but checked off the radio button to NOT add it to the Library. Then when we want to watch trailers, I go in through VIDEOS and select the source. Would be nice to have a "TRAILERS" item on the Main Menu like the Movies or TV Shows items. But I understand that if they were in the Library it would be confusing.

I configured AMT to download the cover art and nfo files so covered there. Also configured it to add "-trailer" at the end of the file name.

What I did, that could do somewhat of what you want to do is add a new video source for your trailers, I have a seperate folder from movies called Movie Trailers, and have it as none content. Then I favorited the folder, and enabled it on the Home Menu as "Local Trailers", (I also favorited Apple trailers, and called that Apple Trailers on Home Menu"). Now all my trailers are in one location, well all trailers that don't pertain inside my movie library (new releases mainly).

Right now to download my trailers I use

http://cybergs.com/pre/trailer.zip

Downloads trailers in quality you want (at a time you want), has a time decay, just lacks a space limit setting.

It doesn't scrape the trailers or anything (so if anyone knows of an app, that does that, would be great).

- puulima - 2010-10-01

nickvda Wrote:What I did, that could do somewhat of what you want to do is add a new video source for your trailers, I have a seperate folder from movies called Movie Trailers, and have it as none content. Then I favorited the folder, and enabled it on the Home Menu as "Local Trailers", (I also favorited Apple trailers, and called that Apple Trailers on Home Menu"). Now all my trailers are in one location, well all trailers that don't pertain inside my movie library (new releases mainly).

Right now to download my trailers I use

http://cybergs.com/pre/trailer.zip

Downloads trailers in quality you want (at a time you want), has a time decay, just lacks a space limit setting.

It doesn't scrape the trailers or anything (so if anyone knows of an app, that does that, would be great).

I ended up doing pretty much the same thing you did. I have the Favourite showing up on the HOME menu and as a Sub-Menu under Movies. I even created a "Kids Movies" item on the Main menu (separate folder/source for their stuff) and created a menu item for their trailers there.

I'll test out what you're using for downloading...I just want something automated. I figured out how to change the "user agent" in Firefox to let me download Apple Movie Trailers...but it's still a one by one approach.

For scraping - I use Ember Media Manager. I just remove my regular movie sources (From Ember) and add in the TRAILER folders and then tweak the scrape setting so it doesn't scrape for a trailer to the trailer! Ember will scrape for the .nfo, cover art and most of the time fanart if it exists.

- GoofyJeff - 2010-10-03

First off, thanks for this amazing script. Totally awesome and exactly what I wanted when I recently decided to cut cable and go with an HTPC.

The problem I'm having is that my trivia only wants to play the Pixar slides. Everything else, the meeMovieTunes folders for example, do not play at all.

- Invincer - 2010-10-03

firefoxtamer Wrote:Finally found an answer to my question. I was able to get the script tor run before every movie using an XBMC rebuild (based off of the Dharma branch), that I managed after some time to get compiled. Thanks for the help, errr I guess.:-D

where do you get the "XBMC rebuild (based off of the Dharma branch)"? I made the upgrade to Dharma and not seeing the home theater script available like on the old version has me regretting the move to Dharma beta...