Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- GoofyJeff - 2010-10-03

GoofyJeff Wrote:First off, thanks for this amazing script. Totally awesome and exactly what I wanted when I recently decided to cut cable and go with an HTPC.

The problem I'm having is that my trivia only wants to play the Pixar slides. Everything else, the meeMovieTunes folders for example, do not play at all.

After much futzing around, and reinstalling both XBMC and the script I finally got it to work. I have the megapack installed and ordered the Coke Slides. This is an incredible addition to my HTPC. Thank you so much! Movie nights rock now!!!

- Batemann - 2010-10-03

Huh? How do you guys got this to work? I thought that the new dharma-proof version of this great script was still under development? Care to enlighten us? ;-)

- GoofyJeff - 2010-10-04

Batemann: When I reinstalled xbmc I rolled back to an earlier version that I had saved. I think version 9.11

As I said, the script seems to be working fine. Just fine-tuning things to my liking which is taking time

- filmfreak71 - 2010-10-04

Batemann Wrote:Huh? How do you guys got this to work? I thought that the new dharma-proof version of this great script was still under development? Care to enlighten us? ;-)
+1
I've been trying for ages to get this going and failing miserably.

- Batemann - 2010-10-05

filmfreak71 Wrote:+1
I've been trying for ages to get this going and failing miserably.

Ah, He installed version 9.11 of XBMC. So there is no working Dharma version out there. Yet. Nuka, Where are you?! :-)

- filmfreak71 - 2010-10-05

I'll have to keep waiting then, thanks for the response!

- R-Nol - 2010-10-15

I am new to XBMC, and loving it..

I actually choose for XBMC mostly because of this script. I found a lott of other benefits while installing and customizing everything, but I really would like to use this script.

Right now I am on Dharma Beta 2, and I was wondering if there is any chance this script will work. All I want is one or two trailers (I'd rather use streamed new coming trailers, but I wouldn't mind using trailers on my harddrive if that's not possible) and after that one custom intro I made (customized 24th century fox followed by a countdown). Then the movie should start.

Is there any way I can get this done?

Thanx for helping.

- aptalca - 2010-10-15

Hey Nuka,

my wife is really mad at me because of you.

Every time we watch a movie, she gets mad that we don't have the trivia or the trailers anymore. She tells me I shouldn't have switched to dharma until you made hte available as an addon.

:-)

- Fliposide - 2010-10-16

Hi,
I to am on Dharma and missing this script it added the Wow factor the setup.

Just an idea what do you guys think about Trailers that are linked to the year of the movie you are about to watch?
That way if you watch an eighties movie all the trailers will be from that era, so you get a nostalgic feeling Wink

Cheers,

Flip

- timdog82001 - 2010-10-16

Fliposide Wrote:Hi,
I to am on Dharma and missing this script it added the Wow factor the setup.

Just an idea what do you guys think about Trailers that are linked to the year of the movie you are about to watch?
That way if you watch an eighties movie all the trailers will be from that era, so you get a nostalgic feeling Wink

Cheers,

Flip

Sounds cool, but unfortunately Apple doesn't have many movies older than 5ish years.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-10-20

Patience kiddies. I know it's not easy but I am sure the new script will be great.. Nuka might be waiting for a final before releasing it.

- ijourneaux - 2010-11-03

Nuka

I was wondering if you might be able to give an update and what you think the compromises will have to be to get this script to play nice with Dahrma?

Really looking forward to HTe becoming available.

Take Care

- BDPNA - 2010-11-06

Yeah I hope he hasn't abandoned it. This feature is so good I wish they would make it part of the root code. I love this script. The early early beta he had showed promise but I'm betting now that we're near a final in this cycle, he's waiting for that version to be compatible with -- I HOPE! Nuka is human like the rest of us and may not have a lot of free time, or we may just have to wait for his passion to flare up on it again...But I hope he'll be back, or if he tires of it, release the source for another to grab up. I love HTE!

- compcentral - 2010-11-15

Yeah... It's been 2 months since his last post... I've been waiting patiently for 6-7 months now for a version of this to work with modern builds of XBMC. Sad

I'm still hopeful, but wondering if he's abandoned this as well.

- ijourneaux - 2010-11-15

I am quite sure he hasn't given up but with the limitations imposed by Darhma and the fact that he probably has a life outside of XBMC and HTE Smile, I certainly can't fault him for the delay.