Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- SlaveUnit - 2010-11-17

Just remember Dharma hasnt even hit RC yet. So Nuka might not want to waste time doing dev work on a beta build that might change again. At least that is what I am hoping.

- commoman81 - 2010-11-18

So does anyone know when the Home Theater Experience script/addon will be able to be downloaded to the new night build xbmc versions?

- Nuka1195 - 2010-11-19

i will probably not post here anymore. it turns out some developers ignore my patches, bug reports and feature requests. even with patches.

since xbmc4xbox has all needed patches included for this and some other scripts i have done. you can follow over at their forums, but it won't be ready for a while.

it will only run in xbmc if you patch xbmc, which i will make one big patch available when ready. it will if patched as is break your library and other scripts (settings anyways) will not work properly. has to be this way and i have not been given a reason why they don't include the patches, just that some developers ignore them.

- ijourneaux - 2010-11-20

Nuka

Is there anything we can do to help lobby for the patches you would need?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-20

I would like to know what happened to nuka's patches.
Maybe they were overlooked ?

- revned - 2010-11-20

AngryAngryAngry

This is very bad news. I'm eagerly waiting for this script to work with dharma.
I hope the devs will look at your patches again, because this script is what makes XBMC rock!!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85784

- BigBlack - 2010-11-20

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Dahm devs!!! I want HTE!!!!

- ijourneaux - 2010-11-21

Well that is really unfortunate. As with several others monitoring this thread, I was anxiously waiting for the HTE script to work with Dharma.

Reading the other thread and not knowing happened (and I don't need to know) it appears people were backed into corners they could not gracefully exit from. It isn't unexpected in large teams. It is just disappointing when it affects something you have been waiting for. I would like to think that any differences could be ironed out but from the other thread, that seems unlikely.

To me HTE brought a WOW! factor to my XBMC based home theater. If Nuka and the other devs can't smooth out their differences hopefully someone else will be able to step into the void and create a similar script. I was using the

1. Play a series of movie previews
2. Play a Movie Intro
3. Play the selected movie.

I had not enabled, the trivia, popcorn, etc type screens

Nuka I would like to personally think you for the HTE script. It was great while it lasted. Sorry you and the devs were unable to work out your differences. I am not casting blame. Just disappointed HTE will not be available.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-11-22

ok this will be my last post here.

hte or as it is now called cinema experience will be finished. i will make sure it works on xbox and a patched version of xbmc.

it however will not run on dharma, which even if team xbmc do include the other patches eventually, still would not have worked on dharma since that's in feature freeze. it just has to be that way, no other way to do the things i wanted.

the bad news this will take a while.

the good news.

1. a new trailer plugin i had been working on will be available that can be set to auto download new trailers and update source, plus better skin integration. skinning available only for confluence, but easy to add to other skins.
2. i think all feature requests will be available.
3. the patch for xbmc will include my original plan for the ability to to different things when you select a video, based on video content type. so ability to run this script for instance. xbmc implemented something similar, but didn't go as far as i would like. xbox may need to be patched for this also.

i use this script, i appreciate the compliments. i do think it adds to the experience. i certainly appreciate all the work others have done to organize the extra media. trivia, mpaa, dts/dolby and so on. so understand it will be done and very flexable. difficult to setup to start, but worth it.

i will create a thread over at xbmc4xbox, where we can discuss this not for a while though. the main reason for going over there is it will currently run on the xbox with no patches. hopefully some of you still use the xbox.

so please understand it does live on.

Download Current Copy of HTE - flikfoto - 2010-11-25

Does anyone know where I can download the most current copy of HTE to use with an older XBMC version? (pre - Dharma)

Thanks in advance

- quebert - 2010-11-26

I downloaded the 9.11 from XBMC.org, added the SVN repo installer but when I click on add-ons nothing comes up. I'm having a brain fart here and can't figure out how to get HTE to install.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

- Targettio - 2010-11-26

HTE doesn't work on Dhama

It needs more than a new installer to work. Nuka won't be supporting it any more (unless you want to mod your xbmc install).

So we have to wait until some one else decides to make a similar script or the the devs and Nuka settle there differences there is nothing that can be done.

- dave-lew99 - 2010-11-26

This is something i have been looking at, since it's ideal for what i want (a script running before movies). I will use it to trigger a c++ app as that's my main skill area.

I'm having trouble getting the source for the plugin and the XBMC changes which were required, can anyone point me to a specific location (just saying look in SVN/Trac isn't helpful as this is a large project and stuff tends to get buried)

- quebert - 2010-11-26

Targettio Wrote:HTE doesn't work on Dhama

It needs more than a new installer to work. Nuka won't be supporting it any more (unless you want to mod your xbmc install).

So we have to wait until some one else decides to make a similar script or the the devs and Nuka settle there differences there is nothing that can be done.

If this was directed at my question I installed Camelot which this script works with. As much as I like Dharma I think I'd run Camelot just so I can use HTE. I just can't get anything to show up in the SVN Repo installer

- Targettio - 2010-11-26

quebert Wrote:If this was directed at my question I installed Camelot which this script works with. As much as I like Dharma I think I'd run Camelot just so I can use HTE. I just can't get anything to show up in the SVN Repo installer

Sorry, I completely miss read your post (that's what I get for posting while at work).