Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-13

slides.xml is also for ratings and thems, so if you have a slides.xml with a rating of "R" it won't list if your movie is "PG" and you enabled that. slides.xml also propogates down i think. can't remember.

- rflores2323 - 2010-12-13

Nuka. can you update the first page with the new information for the dharma release. Im sure alot of poeple will get confused. or better yet lock this thread or/and start a new thread for the dharma release.

Again thanks for everything you have done on this script and for xbmc.

- quebert - 2010-12-13

a few questions, what should a slides.xml look like? I see it saying in the trivia it's needed to match up slides to ratings. But I'm not seeing an example file so I know what to put in the file.

2nd, when I add a single video file as the trivia intro it doesn't play it, I'm guessing this is something that's not implemented yet?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

quebert Wrote:a few questions, what should a slides.xml look like? I see it saying in the trivia it's needed to match up slides to ratings. But I'm not seeing an example file so I know what to put in the file.

2nd, when I add a single video file as the trivia intro it doesn't play it, I'm guessing this is something that's not implemented yet?

I never used slides.xml for ratings etc. I did only use them so when using actual trivia the answer slide would always come after the question. Examples for that feature are in the first post, which you may have seen.

The trivia intro never worked correctly for me either (a while ago).

My guess is that just as shown in the picture here http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/4253901947_a014dbbc24_o.png you just add Rating="R" into the slides.xml. Then that will indicate that that folder of slides is ok to play for a rated R movie. I think that is how it went.

It's spoken of a bit here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55628&page=33

- quebert - 2010-12-13

SlaveUnit Wrote:I never used slides for ratings etc. I did only use them so when using actual trivia the answer slide would always come after the question. Examples for that feature are in the first post, which you may have seen.

The trivia intro never worked correctly for me either (a while ago).

DAMN I dunno how but I totally missed seeing that in the OP lol thanks. I have a suggestion for this script, maybe nobody but me would like it. But I think it would be cool to have a movie facts option that's separate from the trivia. Then I could have it do 2.5 minutes of trivia and 2.5 minutes of movie facts.

I still can't figure out what to change in the xml to make the trivia have an option to only run for 2 minutesm if anyone wants to help my stupid butt out.

- Targettio - 2010-12-13

SlaveUnit Wrote:Good ideas for the future on matching more audio codecs. Also realize that THX is not an audio type its only and opinionated certification. So matching a THX intro will never happen because there is no way (unless you include it in your filename) that XBMC will know it's THX.

Yes I reached this realization while reading up on wiki about different audio formats (something I knew relatively little about).

Nuka1195 Wrote:targettio, look in myvideos34.db and find the different audio streams and post what you find out. i asked for this before. if there is a way to differentiate them then sounds like a good addition.

I know the audio stream info is available while the file is playing as it shows on the info overlay, but I have no idea if that's is stores in the db or figured out once the file is played. I will do what I can to investigate.

- Harro - 2010-12-13

I am running Darma RC2 and have gotten this to work with only a few exceptions.
I have replaced the DialogVideoInfo.xml in the system folder of xbmc (C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p) with the one that came with the addon. But i had to replace the
Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
  <description>Home Theater Experience</description>
  <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
  <label>Theater</label>
  <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
  <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
  <onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
</control>
specific line was
Quote:special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py
with
Quote:C:\Users\whateveryournameis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\addon.py
to get the script to run.

Only problem now is that it will not run the trivia before any of the intro's or outro's of the main movie.

I have a custom button made under the main program that will run the Home Cinema script without playing a main movie and all works great when i run that but not through the addon button (Theater) in the info of the main movie. So it works and it doesnt fully work will keep trying.

Also SlaveUnit I tried that movie quote pack and it works ok for me. I do have slides.xml in all my trivia folders though even the stills. I couldnt get the stills to work with out a .xml file

Just posting a few things I have found out playing around with this, maybe it will help someone.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

quebert Wrote:DAMN I dunno how but I totally missed seeing that in the OP lol thanks. I have a suggestion for this script, maybe nobody but me would like it. But I think it would be cool to have a movie facts option that's separate from the trivia. Then I could have it do 2.5 minutes of trivia and 2.5 minutes of movie facts.

I still can't figure out what to change in the xml to make the trivia have an option to only run for 2 minutesm if anyone wants to help my stupid butt out.

Not sure on that. But IF YOU could help me out and try the slides I posted at the top of the page and see if they play? Smile For some reason they dont for me. I have no clue why since they used to. I have 100s like this.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Harro Wrote:I am running Darma RC2 and have gotten this to work with only a few exceptions.
I have replaced the DialogVideoInfo.xml in the system folder of xbmc (C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p) with the one that came with the addon. But i had to replace the
Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
  <description>Home Theater Experience</description>
  <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
  <label>Theater</label>
  <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
  <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
  <onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
</control>
specific line was with to get the script to run.

Only problem now is that it will not run the trivia before any of the intro's or outro's of the main movie.

I have a custom button made under the main program that will run the Home Cinema script without playing a main movie and all works great when i run that but not through the addon button (Theater) in the info of the main movie. So it works and it doesnt fully work will keep trying.

Also SlaveUnit I tried that movie quote pack and it works ok for me. I do have slides.xml in all my trivia folders though even the stills. I couldnt get the stills to work with out a .xml file

Just posting a few things I have found out playing around with this, maybe it will help someone.

Thanks Harro for testing those out. They never used to require an xml in the folder they reside in. May I ask what your slides.xml consists of for these?
And what confuses me is that my pixar slides work fine and they dont have a slides.xml file with them. hmm puzzling.

- Harro - 2010-12-13

I am by no means a coder or have any knowledge of it, but I googled around and this is what I have for all the stills for my .xml file

Quote:<slides>
<slide>
<question format="[Aa*-Zz*].jpg" />
<clue format="n/a" />
<answer format="n/a" />
</slide>
</slides>

Since putting that in the stills folders I can have random .jpgs coming out. Hope that helps.

Only reason I put an .xml in was because of the Folder Structure jpg that had shown xml files in the stills.

- Targettio - 2010-12-13

Targettio Wrote:I know the audio stream info is available while the file is playing as it shows on the info overlay, but I have no idea if that's is stores in the db or figured out once the file is played. I will do what I can to investigate.

It appears there is no info about the audio streams in the database. So how does the script currently work out which audio intro to run?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Targettio Wrote:It appears there is no info about the audio streams in the database. So how does the script currently work out which audio intro to run?

It should be in there. That is where it puts it when you scan movies into the library. then your skin reads the what audio is from there.

- quebert - 2010-12-13

What I ended up doing was mapping a button on my remote in the keyboard.xml to launch the addon, that way regardless of what skin I'm using it will run.

<space>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</space> - obviously change <space> to whatever key you want. This is under the <MyVideoLibrary> you could add it to the global, but since I only need it to work when I'm in my video library that's where I put mine.

SlaveUnit when I get home I'll try out the slides you posted.

- Targettio - 2010-12-13

SlaveUnit Wrote:It should be in there. That is where it puts it when you scan movies into the library. then your skin reads the what audio is from there.

Ah yeah, I have found it.

Table:
* StreamDetails
Fields:
* strAudiCodec
* iAudioChannels

The StreamDetails seems to be limited, my library only shows a few different codec (aac, adpcm_xa, ac3 and mp3), although that could just the videos I have.

- macshield - 2010-12-13

Ok I must have missed it. How is everyone able to configure the script? Every time I go to configure it in the menu xbmc just resets itself.