Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- BigBlack - 2009-09-16

BigBlack Wrote:Hi guys, but there isn't a way to play trailer from link in the .nfo file? Instead of dowload them all, can be done something like this? However my trailer doesn't start or better it start but only the first trailer and only for about 3 second... Then start film... Why? Someone know this trouble? Thank you. Bye bye

hey but this is the 3rd time I ask this thing and no one answer... Why?

- tikkiew - 2009-09-16

@ Nuka1195 Is it possible to make more scrapers?video plugin youtube.com/trailers

- CyberMaxX - 2009-09-16

BigBlack Wrote:hey but this is the 3rd time I ask this thing and no one answer... Why?

BigBlack - I'm having a hard time figuring out what your actual question is...

So I'll take a guess here.

Are you asking about your choice from where trailers can be played from? If so, then read post #75 in this thread.

It explains the difference between the selections of Apple Movie Trailers (database) and Apple Movie Trailers (current) within the script settings for Home Theather Experience and how they both work.

Your only other option is: LOCAL FOLDER

For this to work select "Local Folder" for the option named [- Trailer Scraper].

Once that is selected you then must navigate to the the actual path of the folder where you have actual playable trailers stored and have that entered into the [- Local Trailer Folder] option

NOTE: The Script will NOT read .nfo files for paths.

You can also choose to turn on the option for [- Select only unwatched trailers.]

Next: your playable trailers in your LOCAL FOLDER must follow this naming convention: somefilename-trailers.extension you must include "-trailers" within the filename to have the Home Theater Experince Script play them.

As to playing for 3 seconds - I would assume that is if you select the option to use the Apple Movies Trailer options. If you read this thread in full ( specifically around pages 9 -> 12) you will note that others have stated the same problem. Trailers start to play and after 3 to 7 seconds start to buffer.

This is due to a change with the actual Apple Movie Trailers site that this script uses to scrape and stream movies from. The work around disscused bypasses the movies.apple.com site which I believe doesn't have this issue when playing 720p or 1080p trailers. I found if I just stay with using "Standard" for the quaility of the trailer when using either Apple option I don't get any buffering issues, which may cause the Home Theater Experince script to skip over them. The XBMC devs are working on a solution for this again see post #75 it explains it all.

Hope this Helps
Cheers
CyberMaxX

- BigBlack - 2009-09-17

ok so I understand that with local trailer I can't read the .nfo file... So i think that can be developed for the future Tongue I don't understand... XBMC have to fix it? Or I can fix it modifying the scraper.py? However If i don't understand wrong I've to change the block in scraper.py to make it fuction... But I've done yet it yesterday and it's the same... Now I've selected standard resolution and now i see first the window "setting up playlist.." than the trailer start for 3 second than black screen again a window that say chosing random trailer.. than buffering and the after 1 second movie start... However I see much people asking for slide but i don't see post that talk about my trouble... But maybe i don't understand what i've read... i'm italian and something may be escape to me. However I'll post you my log... I try 3 or 4 times to start trailer.. I don't know if can be useful.. http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m7e13b0e
Thank you. Bye bye

- CyberMaxX - 2009-09-17

BigBlack Wrote:ok so I understand that with local trailer I can't read the .nfo file... So i think that can be developed for the future Tongue I don't understand... XBMC have to fix it? ...

BigBlack,

From the looks of the Home Theater Experince code it's just checking a LOCAL subdirectory for video file formats that are named with -trailers in their names. This is what it will use to build the playlist of the # of Trailers you wish to preview before your movie starts. And Yes, a coding change would be needed to the scraper.py file located in the scripts\Home Theater Experience\resources\scrapers\local folder in order to read .nfo's and setup playlists from there.

Also, The discussions about slideshows with in this thread are for another feature of the Home Theater Experience.

What are the current settings of your HTE Script for the section "Movie Trailers (Optional)"? That's a good place for us to start. You can PM me so we don't clutter the Thread as we go back and forth figuring out what it is that you want to do exactly. I'm sure we can get it to work.
Cheers
CyberMaxX

- BDPNA - 2009-09-17

Cyber,

Since I see you are pretty active with this plugin, would you mind trying out m3U to see if it's working for you? I am attempting to use a 2 video playlist for the coming attractions and/or prior to feature presentation.

- CyberMaxX - 2009-09-17

BDPNA Wrote:Cyber,

Since I see you are pretty active with this plugin, would you mind trying out m3U to see if it's working for you?

Yeah I like the functionality of this script, it really provides what it states... a Home "Theater Experience".

I don't think the Script is setup to read playlists, though it would be a nice feature to add. This way you can store your Local Trailers in different folders, say by Genre, instead of lumping them all together.

I'll see if I can write up a Python Script for myself to read m3u's.

If I get it to work, I'll pass it on to Nuka1195 to see if he would like to include it with the package.

Cheers
CyberMaxX

- BDPNA - 2009-09-17

Thanks for the response. When setting the options, for selecting the pre-coming attractions and pre-feature presentation videos, it does say "Single Video/Playlist" so I assume the developer did intend for this to work.

If you have a minute and could make an M3U playlist and select that, to see if it plays before your coming attractions (just pick any two videos, for me I am using "let's all go to the lobby and then a "coming attractions" video), and see if they spool up before your trailers do.

That is my dream idea. If not, what I will have to do is turn those 2 videos into a single video and do it that way. I was hoping to not have to do that though. But if you try an m3u and it doesn't work at least I'll know it's not just me.

I think though that Nuka at least thought that m3us would work.

- CyberMaxX - 2009-09-18

BDPNA Wrote:Thanks for the response. When setting the options, for selecting the pre-coming attractions and pre-feature presentation videos, it does say "Single Video/Playlist" so I assume the developer did intend for this to work.

OIC LOL Rolleyes I thought you wanted to use a playlist for the trailers.

No Problem I was just about to start working on the Pre-Feature Presentation Intro / Pre-Feature Presentation Outro and Pre-Coming Attractions intro stuff myself.

The old, Local area retalilers Commercial stuff, then Make sure you visit our Concession Stands for our overpriced selections of Candy, Soday and Popcorn. Then the ever standard keep your kids quite, can you please have some respect for others and just stop talking on your cell phone for at least 1 hour 50 mins and enjoy the Feature Film that we just clipped you for 10 bucks to watch in the hard chairs and sticky floors theater we operate. HAHA

- BDPNA - 2009-09-18

Exactly. I want to have that kind of stuff run before the trailers, but not at random. I want to specify a playlist there. Seems the script wants to support it but isn't liking my m3u files so I am wondering if anyone else had any luck. Letting it pick random from a folder or single video works great. But I want to do 2 specific vids in a specific order both before the trailers and again before the feature.

- CyberMaxX - 2009-09-18

BDPNA Wrote:Seems the script wants to support it but isn't liking my m3u files so I am wondering if anyone else had any luck. Letting it pick random from a folder or single video works great.

Ahh this is what I suspected with .m3u files....
.m3u's have been around since the mid 1990's and where first used to create playlists for MP3 Files. Though now a days I've seen quite a few other formats being used. Anyway's it looks like XBMC reads the playlist but then it wants to play the files listed as an AUDIO file. See my log Sad

I created a my .m3u file in the same directory where I had some test downloaded video files that I could use. Told the HTE Script to use the .m3u file itself as the playlist.

.m3u file contents:
Code:
#EXTM3U
gijoetheriseofcobra-tlr1_h640w.mov
jennifersbody-tlrc_h640w.mov

HERE'S MY LOG:
Code:
23:41:06 T:6796 M:1230311424  NOTICE: [SCRIPT] 'Home Theater Experience: Version - 1.4.0-r' initialized!
23:41:06 T:6796 M:1230311424  NOTICE:      ** Required XBMC Revision: r21010 **
23:41:06 T:6796 M:1230311424  NOTICE:      ** Found XBMC Revision: r22516 [Compatible] **
23:41:08 T:7644 M:1230835712   ERROR: [color=red]CAudioDecoder[/color]: Unable to Init Codec while loading file E:\Program Files\XBMC\cache\gijoetheriseofcobra-tlr1_h640w.mov
23:41:08 T:7644 M:1231540224   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [E:\Program Files\XBMC\cache\gijoetheriseofcobra-tlr1_h640w.mov]
23:41:08 T:7644 M:1230835712   ERROR: [color=red]CAudioDecoder[/color]: Unable to Init Codec while loading file E:\Program Files\XBMC\cache\jennifersbody-tlrc_h640w.mov
23:41:08 T:7644 M:1231540224   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [E:\Program Files\XBMC\cache\jennifersbody-tlrc_h640w.mov]

You can see in the log that it tried to load the CDAudioDecoder to play the files listed in the .M3U playlist.

I'm not sure what a vaild Video Playlist that XBMC can handle looks like.
Anyone Else Know?

As a work around, you can always just use some kind of Video Editing software and just join the Videos in the order that you want and create it as 1 video file. Just a thought. I'll dig around and see what a valid video format playlist should look like see what I come up with.

Hope this helps
Cheers
CyberMaxX

- BigBlack - 2009-09-25

hey guys why the script update tell me that the new version it's incompatible? I've installed this XBMC_PC_23149 isn't the last versione?

- BigBlack - 2009-09-29

no one know why?

how does it work? - oddity - 2009-10-28

so can i just confirm:
this script does not make trailers automatically run before any movie that is played - the script only runs from an extra button created in the movie info page? is that correct?

is there any script/plugin/mod which can cause trailers to play automaticaly prior to a movie that is played from the library without having to do anything extra?

- jjwalker - 2009-10-31

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can tell me were I can find and download THX surrond sound movie intros ideally would like them to be in 720 or 1080p picture qualify

Thanks