[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Nuka1195 - 2009-07-31 04:16
*REQUIRES: xbmc revision 21010 or newer
This script is an improved version of the Home Theater plugin that is bundled with Apple Movie Trailers script.
Quote: - plays optional recursive trivia slide show w/music
Change settings, by going to the scripts window, right clicking on the script and selecting Script Settings.
* Be sure to separate out your slides of different group types (e.g., question and answer, or question, clue and answer) or naming conventions (e.g., Q1a.jpg and Q1b.jpg VS. Q1q.jpg and Q1a.jpg) into separate subfolders and add a slides.xml to each of these subfolders. The slides.xml format is as shown below (all format fields are required; use something not in your filenames for formats not required eg ( "N/A" ); without a slides.xml, each image file is added as a question; slides.xml uses regex):
if you use the optional end of trivia slide show image w/music. that image will display for the length of the music.
for this to work well ther is a feature request http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6929 let the developers know you're interested.
but there is a way to run this just with skinning, by adding a button to the video info dialog (this works ok). Just add a button with these <onclicks>
The script queues the hilighted video
This works better if used with the library.
benefits over the HT plugin.
1. improved some functions
2. no need for a special plugin to list your movies
3. local and amt current trailer scrapers
you can get this with the svn repo installer under scripts.
thanks juanflaco for the following chart. along with mccorkled's mega pack.
1. 5 minute option to trivia. (Done)
2. check m3u playlist support (may be xbmc issue with queuing a playlist)
3. run script before videos start (homeseer)
4. random trivia, mix in single slides (you MUST still keep your different slide types in separate folders) i have an idea and if it works it shouldn't be difficult. (Done)
5. mark trivia slides watched, like trailers and add a clear watched trivia setting (Done)
mccorkled- I request the plugin to play things in this order
1. trivia (images)
2. old school drive in adds (video clips) 1 to 5 random clips
3. coming attractions (video clip/image)
4. random trailers (apple plugin)
5. feature presentation intro (video clip/image)
7. Intermission video or more trivia (optional if you want to watch 2 features)
8. movie (optional if you want to watch 2 features)
9. outro (video/image)
I plan on building a media server sometime in the future and it would be great if the script can pull movies and stuff off of a server instead of only a local drive. Maybe it already can, IDK. Im just speculating.
IsleOfMan- Requests this order.
1.) 5-10min Trivia
2a.) "Coming Attractions" intro
2b.) 2-3 Random Apple trailers
3.) Random lobby/snack video
4.) Random Cartoon Short
5.) Random "Popular Science" Newsreel
6.) "Feature Presentation" intro
7.) Selected Movie
"it would be very cool if this script could play videos from either a "DTS" or "Dolby" folder based on the type of audio in the movie."
mccorkled says: "This would be a cool thing to have. I saw thing Dolby video where the logo was busting through a wall. There is a cd over on the AVS forum much like the coke slides. This CD is full of sound clips and sentences recorded by a guy with a deep voice like the movie announcer guy. One of the voice overs says..."DAMN that was loud!" I think that would be cool to play along side the Dolby or DTS video.
- maurice118 - 2009-07-31 19:21
Thanks for the new release Nuka1195.
I installed it through the svn. I then goto the script window and when I right click on Home Theater Experience I can only choose between add to favorites and Debug info. So no settings.
When I try to run the plugin I get some errors see below.
Quote:19:12:39 T:7132 M:1690509312 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
I will check the code to see what I might be doing wrong.
PS I am on windows vista 32bit.
- Nuka1195 - 2009-07-31 20:03
your xbmc is too old.
but hold off i'm fixing a bug with the trailer scrapers.
- maurice118 - 2009-07-31 20:07
Thanks for the quick reply, I will install a new version and hold on untill you have fixed the bug.
- Nuka1195 - 2009-07-31 21:23
should be ok now, as long as you have a version of xbmc with script settings support. r21010 or newer
- Only One Haze - 2009-07-31 21:25
awesome will this tonight when i get off work!
- maurice118 - 2009-07-31 22:33
Thanks alot, no problems so far it works great
For those people who don't know where to add the
Atleast on windows it is in "DialogVideoInfo.xml" in the folder C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\PM3.HD\720p
Note that the path depends on the skin that you are using in my case it is PM3.HD
Before editing the file it is better to create a backup in case you mess things up.
Open the file in notepad or your favorite xml editor. Then do a search for "Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)" without the quotes. Just below the line you find you add the three other lines see above. Save the file.
Now choose a movie and select movie information. In windows by right clicking the movie. The movie information will popup. If you now close the popup the Home Theator Experience script will run and your trailers will start playing according to your settings. After that the movie will play.
Please correct me if I misunderstood something
- detroitdr - 2009-08-01 00:14
Can someone post an actual link to the download file I need for Windows. I'm still fairly new to all this and trying to understand XBMC and how it all works together.
- Nuka1195 - 2009-08-01 00:42
@maurice, sounds right
detroitdr, 1st post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911
- detroitdr - 2009-08-01 01:16
Thank-you. I believe I understand and have successfully installed the SVN Repo Installer
Next I downloaded the Home Theater Experience 1.2
Next I went into scripts and selected script settings
However I still don't see how to play my own personal trailer before the movie. For example I have made my FOX Theater intro and want to play it or randomly 1 of the files in my INTRO directory before a movie that was selected from the library mode.
Have I missed a setting somewhere?
Thank-you in advance.
- Nuka1195 - 2009-08-01 01:33
Feature presentation video plays just before the movie
- Only One Haze - 2009-08-01 01:38
this is great!! anyway to get it to work in aeon?
- detroitdr - 2009-08-01 01:54
ok this is not great.. but AUSOME!
Got it working.
1) If I update my XBMC with the latest SVN build... will I need to redo the DialogVideoInfo.xlm file again??
2) I put two differnt INTRO files in the directory Feature presentation Video/Playlist looks at
-what happens is it plays 1 of the intros 2 times before the movie
so my question is... can it only play 1 static intro?
(What I would like is to put 10 intros in that directory and have only 1 random intro play before the movie from that directory)
Thank-you in advance.
- Feanor - 2009-08-01 01:55
I'm using svn version 21142 on the xbox, and when I try to run the script, I just get an "script failed" error.
Here's the log:
- Nuka1195 - 2009-08-01 02:04
detroitdr, the intro can only be a video or a playlist. not a folder.
if you don't want trailers use the local trailer scraper and set the setting accordingly.
OOH, i'm sure there is, maybe post in one of the modders thread and ask to suppot it. i would like that also. i get kinda lost in aeon.