Kodi Community Forum
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ellipsis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+----- Thread: Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center (/showthread.php?tid=55935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-05

After much discussion and pro's and con's etc etc, Myself and Equinox have decided that we too, like the Xperience team, will run a beta program.

Now this has only just been decided and the details are not final yet. But we're looking at releasing Beta Zero within the next few weeks, exclusively to the kind people who contribute. We should have an exact date this evening for the beta access, they'll be a page added to our website with all the details.

Now I know I've said in the last few days I didn't think it was such a good idea to release the skin this way, but this method has been done before and it works. It helps filter out those that are serious about wanting to have Ellipsis early and test it and actually be able to provide important information to us to help improve it and make it a better product. It ultimately means we can finish Ellipsis quicker, to a higher standard because more people will be helping.

I'd like to hear peoples thought's on this and keep an eye on the site this evening for all the info on joining us in the beta program.

- picodegiao - 2009-10-05

I think it is a great idea as it will help to fix the issues the team may have overlooked before releasing the skin. But you also might have to hear whining from people who don't get early access. I'm sure you have PLENTY of experience with that, so do whatever you feel is right. You guys are masters at what you do, so any decision you guys make will be fine with the community.

Looking forward to this awesome release!

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-05

picodegiao Wrote:I think it is a great idea as it will help to fix the issues the team may have overlooked before releasing the skin. But you also might have to hear whining from people who don't get early access. I'm sure you have PLENTY of experience with that, so do whatever you feel is right. You guys are masters at what you do, so any decision you guys make will be fine with the community.

Looking forward to this awesome release!

True. Thanks.

I must also state that to avoid people who aren't really serious about being in the program and just want the skin early, we're putting a donation cap at $10. Any donations below this amount from now on will not be considered for early access. Anyone who has donated before today, but has donated less than $10 will still have access. Cheers.

- minimalko - 2009-10-05

XBMCG33K Wrote:We could just have Ellipsis and Xperience get a couple grand in donations and then drop them half assed to the gen public like Alaska was ... lol

You are joking right?

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-05

minimalko Wrote:You are joking right?

Of course he is lol.

- minimalko - 2009-10-05

what a joker he is "lol"

- speedway - 2009-10-05

Blackbolt Wrote:True. Thanks.

Couldn't agree more !! Big Grin

- mkortstiege - 2009-10-05

Please stop that "beta for donation program".

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-05

minimalko Wrote:You are joking right?

About the Alaska being release after Duncan made a ton of donations and Alaska being half-assed? Um yeah I'm absolutely 100% serious. If your referring to Xperience and Ellipsis being released the same way? Yeah that was my funny ha-ha moment.

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-05

Ok guys it appears that we're not allowed to 'force' donations for the beta. Something AEON did I believe...

Anyway while we now reorganise how we do this skins beta, I'd imagine there will be significantly less help available. We'll come back to you on this. As of now, donaters still get in so far, but as per Team XBMC's wishes, we aren't allowed to force you into donating to have access to the beta.

Just bare with us as there is still going to be a beta program, just we'll have to change the acceptance process. Sorry guys.

- xbs08 - 2009-10-05

"Reason: donation begging - disguised as a closed beta"

speedway Wrote:Couldn't agree more !! Big Grin

LOL

- spiff - 2009-10-05

fyi, djh_ got exactly the same treatment when he tried to beg for donations for a new tv on this forum. i know for a fact as i was the receiver of his fury

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-05

Just to confirm, Team XBMC are well within their rights to prevent this on the forums. I will not fight this guys. I will co-operate in any way I can. Smile

- nvaia - 2009-10-05

Quote:"Reason: donation begging - disguised as a closed beta"

LMAO...If you guys are hard up for cash, you could always get a job.

- theuni - 2009-10-05

Ok, I can see this is very quickly going to turn into a flamewar.

To everyone, we've dealt with the issue, team Blackbolt has been cool about it, and we seem to have reached an agreement. Thanks to everyone for keeping a level head.

There's no need to belabor the issue, and no need for anyone to have the last word, they've all been had. Please respect our wishes and keep the thread on track.

Thanks
TheUni