Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- wild_oscar - 2009-11-01

Amet Wrote:No, It doesnt look right.

why did you put the PM3.HD skin folder in /usr/share/xbmc/scripts?

try using the SVN installer and if you are on newer XBMC all you need is to enable the Subtitle button and choose the path to the script. no need to do the skin hack.

Please post the log, it might reveal what is wrong.

Zeljko

I put it there because without it the subtitle menu looked...well, like it does in the picture. The hack didn't actually change anything.

What log are you refering to (and where is it so I can post it?).

Also, installing the script through SVN puts it in $USER/.xbmc/... ; but it seems that I need to manually set the script path in the settings. How can I set the path that has a hidden folder on it?

- jessex- - 2009-11-01

Amet Wrote:post the log

okay, here we go: http://pastebin.com/m3c427939

so, because being such a noob i can´t say if that tells anything about the problem but i hope it helps

-jesse

- amet - 2009-11-02

wild_oscar Wrote:I put it there because without it the subtitle menu looked...well, like it does in the picture. The hack didn't actually change anything.

What log are you refering to (and where is it so I can post it?).

Also, installing the script through SVN puts it in $USER/.xbmc/... ; but it seems that I need to manually set the script path in the settings. How can I set the path that has a hidden folder on it?

to view hidden folders: settings-->appearance-->view options-->show hidden files and directories

for a log location look at my signature

HTH
Zeljko

- amet - 2009-11-02

jessex- Wrote:okay, here we go: http://pastebin.com/m3c427939

so, because being such a noob i can´t say if that tells anything about the problem but i hope it helps

-jesse

please post the whole log and enable debug log in scripts settings

Zeljko

- wild_oscar - 2009-11-02

Amet Wrote:to view hidden folders: settings-->appearance-->view options-->show hidden files and directories

for a log location look at my signature

HTH
Zeljko

Oh, there we go! After setting the path of the script to the .xbmc/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD folder, the look and feel was correct.

I wonder/question: does one need to manually set the script path after installing? If so, perhaps you might want to add it to the 1st post of this thread. If not, then I don't know why, but my path was empty.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for a great script!

- amet - 2009-11-02

wild_oscar Wrote:Oh, there we go! After setting the path of the script to the .xbmc/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD folder, the look and feel was correct.
Great!

wild_oscar Wrote:I wonder/question: does one need to manually set the script path after installing? If so, perhaps you might want to add it to the 1st post of this thread. If not, then I don't know why, but my path was empty.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for a great script!

well it sort of says that on the first page, not specifically pointing out that you need to set the path, but it does say that you need to enable the button. I will correct it.

The button in the skin is not OpenSubtitle_OSD specific, any future scripts could use it. For the skins that do not support this feature, I have provided "skin hacks" that will add this functionality but are hard coded and cant be changed via the skin menu.

Glad you have it running now and that you find it useful.

Cheers
Zeljko

- c77yc4 - 2009-11-03

Hi.

I really appreciate your great jobSmile but I have a problem with your script.
I corrently use Navi-X script to watch movies on stream, but I cannot correctly download the subtitles. Your script "download" it, but on the place, where the subtitles should be places, only "test" and "dummy" are changing displayed. When I download the subtitles to the mvies, that are placed on my HDD in my XBOX, it always succeeds.

Is there any solution of my problem?

btw. sorry for my english.

- amet - 2009-11-03

c77yc4 Wrote:Hi.

I really appreciate your great jobSmile but I have a problem with your script.
I corrently use Navi-X script to watch movies on stream, but I cannot correctly download the subtitles. Your script "download" it, but on the place, where the subtitles should be places, only "test" and "dummy" are changing displayed. When I download the subtitles to the mvies, that are placed on my HDD in my XBOX, it always succeeds.

Is there any solution of my problem?

btw. sorry for my english.

Did you set the custom subtitle download folder? You will need that for streaming.

Enable debug log in scripts settings and post the xbmc.log it might tell us whats wrong. See my signature on how to post the log.

- c77yc4 - 2009-11-03

Amet Wrote:Did you set the custom subtitle download folder? You will need that for streaming.

Enable debug log in scripts settings and post the xbmc.log it might tell us whats wrong. See my signature on how to post the log.

Hi.
I set the download folder other than in xbmc settings, ant it worksSmile Laugh you're a geniusNodNodNod

- wild_oscar - 2009-11-04

Is there a shortcut key to call the script directly (ie, display the subtitle chooser menu directly) ?

- amet - 2009-11-04

wild_oscar Wrote:Is there a shortcut key to call the script directly (ie, display the subtitle chooser menu directly) ?

you can edit keymap.xml to run it with a click of a button,keyboard or remote.

what platform are you on?

- wild_oscar - 2009-11-05

Amet Wrote:you can edit keymap.xml to run it with a click of a button,keyboard or remote.

what platform are you on?

I am on Linux. I was reading the keymap.xml wiki entry earlier, but didn't quite figure out what action I am interested in! Can you help?

- amet - 2009-11-05

wild_oscar Wrote:I am on Linux. I was reading the keymap.xml wiki entry earlier, but didn't quite figure out what action I am interested in! Can you help?

sure, this is what I added in joystickappleremote.xml under <FullscreenVideo> since I am on ATV. it activates script by holding menu on a remote.

Quote:<button id="7">xbmc.runscript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py)</button>

if you are using a keyboard, find "keyboard.xml" under keymaps folder and copy it to /user/{your_name}/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ (you might need to create keymaps folder). rename it to keyboard_own.xml and add following under <FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>:

Quote:<s>xbmc.runscript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py)</s>

restart XBMC and "s" should start script while in fullscreen only.

Cheers
Zeljko

- govegan - 2009-11-05

I using version 1.40 on my xbox xbmc build 24211.

and when using opensubtitles-osd it hangs on "extracting subtitles"

It want to extract to the z:
but on the xbox there is no z:

my log:
Quote:07:45:01 M: 43573248 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [Video plugins]
07:45:05 M: 41082880 NOTICE: CMPlayer::CloseFile()
07:45:05 M: 41082880 ERROR: DNS lookup for BORRE failed: 11001
07:45:05 M: 40558592 NOTICE: CMPlayer::CloseFile()
07:45:07 M: 29179904 NOTICE: Display resolution AUTO : PAL 4:3 (6)
07:45:13 M: 25178112 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
07:45:13 M: 24207360 NOTICE: True
07:45:15 M: 20029440 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting ?
07:45:15 M: 20029440 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed
07:45:18 M: 17506304 WARNING: msvcrt.dll: dll_lseeki64 called, TODO: add 'int64 -> long' type checking
07:45:18 M: 17506304 WARNING: msvcrt.dll: dll_lseeki64 called, TODO: add 'int64 -> long' type checking
07:45:18 M: 17485824 NOTICE: ERROR: Error! [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Z:\\that.70s.show.s02e22.dvdrip.xvid-ffndvd.srt'
07:45:18 M: 17448960 NOTICE: HDD: SMART is supported.
07:45:18 M: 17448960 NOTICE: HDD: SMART is enabled.

- amet - 2009-11-05

govegan Wrote:I using version 1.40 on my xbox xbmc build 24211.

and when using opensubtitles-osd it hangs on "extracting subtitles"

It want to extract to the z:
but on the xbox there is no z:

my log:

maybe try selecting a custom subtitle folder under script settings...