Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- Burke - 2009-11-08

I have (I think) a small request.
If it is big thing to do, just ignore it.

Thing is that in media stream skin interface is totaly transperent so I dont know where my selection is untill name of subs starts to scrole ....same problem with source od subs .....So if you could make selction to change colour or somethin like that that would be great.

Again if it is to much trouble just forget abut it..

Poz, Sinisa

- toralux - 2009-11-10

Burke Wrote:I have (I think) a small request.
If it is big thing to do, just ignore it.

Thing is that in media stream skin interface is totaly transperent so I dont know where my selection is untill name of subs starts to scrole ....same problem with source od subs .....So if you could make selction to change colour or somethin like that that would be great.

Again if it is to much trouble just forget abut it..

Poz, Sinisa

The same goes with me... Can't see any graphics from the Skin and often locking Xbmc in "Searching subtitles...". (Xbmc Live 9.11.A1 with PM3.HD, OpenSubtitles_OSD from SVN, ASRock 330).

Regards, Tor Anders

- amet - 2009-11-11

toralux Wrote:The same goes with me... Can't see any graphics from the Skin and often locking Xbmc in "Searching subtitles...". (Xbmc Live 9.11.A1 with PM3.HD, OpenSubtitles_OSD from SVN, ASRock 330).

Regards, Tor Anders

try reinstalling the script from SVN repo installer.

- frater - 2009-11-12

Amet's script runs great on my XBMC for Windows with all my media on network shares. Thanks a lot for getting this done...

However... My XBMC on my xbox running the same settings is not able to write to my samba shares...
This is why I would like to know if there are any other XBMC for xbox users that don't have a problem writing the subtitles to their smb shares....
I believe it just doesn't work for us xbox users...

XBMC's filemanager has no problem writing/creating or deleting files on those shares. It may well be that XBMC for xbox needs a change in its python interface.

A bug report is a bit difficult to make. Amet does not own an xbox and I haven't enough python knowledge to tell exactly what is going wrong....

- Bram77 - 2009-11-12

It's not possible to write to SMB shares from XBMC on the XBOX. This is a known issue. Th cause is unclear to me, but it's a fact. Configure OpenSubtitles_OSD to extract the subs to a local directory and you'll be able to use the plugin. It's not always working very well though. Some subs won't extract, others won't play. This script still is the best (and only) option for thjis functionality on the XBOX though. So a big thank you to Amet Smile

- frater - 2009-11-12

Bram77 Wrote:It's not possible to write to SMB shares from XBMC on the XBOX.
It is possible to do it from the filemanager (at least copying). Is it limited to python? Are there tickets for it?
If no tickets are made no-one is going to fix it (which of course doesn't mean it will get fixed if there is a ticket)

Can you bring it to the attention of the devs?

Working with Horizon-skin - michaeldecharon - 2009-11-17

Go to: XBMC\skin\Horizonz - An Aeon Mod\720p

And change the file: VideoOSD.xml

Change the button: Playlist to for example Subtitle:

Search for the line:

<control type="button" id="18">
<label>Playlist</label>
<include>contextformatbrowser3</include>

And change it to:

<control type="button" id="18">
<label>Subtitle</label>
<include>contextformatbrowser3</include>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [TV]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Episode] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TVshowtitle][/TV])</onclick>

Thats it!

Now start a movie within XBMC and press M, now scroll to the button Subtitle and press it. The dialogscreen pop's up and choose your subtitle...

- vajonam - 2009-11-17

I just tried the 1.41 version.

I have a stacked movie.

Andromeda Strain Part1 and Part2.

Both of which exist on the opensubtiles.org

The last part seems to overwrite the first downloaded subtitle. Any ideas here. I will attach a debug log as I play with it some more. I realize this is probably an boundary case!

Also sine Andromeda Strain is one the first movies in my lib.. its the first one i tried..!!

- amet - 2009-11-17

vajonam Wrote:I just tried the 1.41 version.

I have a stacked movie.

Andromeda Strain Part1 and Part2.

Both of which exist on the opensubtiles.org

The last part seems to overwrite the first downloaded subtitle. Any ideas here. I will attach a debug log as I play with it some more. I realize this is probably an boundary case!

Also sine Andromeda Strain is one the first movies in my lib.. its the first one i tried..!!

No support for stacked movies, sorry

- vajonam - 2009-11-17

Amet Wrote:No support for stacked movies, sorry

I will try and contribute a diff for stacked movies. This what I am thinking so far.

Depending on which movie in the stack is being played. That will be used to download and save the .srt or whatever.

As a first draft. i think this should be okay?

- amet - 2009-11-17

vajonam Wrote:I will try and contribute a diff for stacked movies. This what I am thinking so far.

Depending on which movie in the stack is being played. That will be used to download and save the .srt or whatever

I am just busy ATM, I will look at this at some point. It should be fairly easy to do.

If you come up with something let me know.

Zeljko

- vajonam - 2009-11-17

Amet Wrote:I am just busy ATM, I will look at this at some point. It should be fairly easy to do.

If you come up with something let me know.

Zeljko

being a bit unfamiliar with python and the scripting bit, this might take a bit longer.. but yes I will post the diffs as I come up with them.

Probs with Opensubtitles_OSD..NEED HELP! - Sneakee - 2009-11-19

Hi there using the basic Xbox Project Mayhem 3 Skin (not HD), can't get the Opensubtitle_OSD working. Added the PM3 hacks needed for Opensubtitle_OSD 1.41 but still didn't work. The script just did nothing.
Got this in the info button on the script
-->Python initialized<--
Traceback (Most recent call last
File "Q:\scripts\opensubtitkes_OSD\DEFAULT.PY",LINE 21,IN?
__Language__=xbmc.language( os.getcwd() ).getlocalizedstring
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute'language'
-->Python initialized<--

This is the extract from the log sheet.

Debug log Copy/Paste Removed

I was also messing with my RSS feed to get a different feed into my XBMC home screen.
Any help also on that if you know how.
Thanks!!! Loving XBMC!!!

- amet - 2009-11-19

Sneakee Wrote:Hi there using the basic Xbox Project Mayhem 3 Skin (not HD), can't get the Opensubtitle_OSD working. Added the PM3 hacks needed for Opensubtitle_OSD 1.41 but still didn't work. The script just did nothing.
Got this in the info button on the script
-->Python initialized<--
Traceback (Most recent call last
File "Q:\scripts\opensubtitkes_OSD\DEFAULT.PY",LINE 21,IN?
__Language__=xbmc.language( os.getcwd() ).getlocalizedstring
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute'language'
-->Python initialized<--

This is the extract from the log sheet.

I was also messing with my RSS feed to get a different feed into my XBMC home screen.
Any help also on that if you know how.
Thanks!!! Loving XBMC!!!

Please do not copy/paste debug log in the thread. use pastebin and post the link to it.Read my signature on how to do it properly.

your problem is that you need a newer version of XBMC. post the log and I can check.

Zeljko

- frater - 2009-11-20

According to Arnova there should be no limitation with writing to the xbox.
I have to work now.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61997