Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- amet - 2010-05-24

mindweaver Wrote:Now I just have to do some digging and find out how I can apply my Aeon Skin files to the subtitle script skin Smile

all you do is create new "script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml" and put it in 720p folder of your skin. the script will look for it there and if found it will be used.use the one in scripts 720p folder as reference.

- mindweaver - 2010-05-24

Amet Wrote:all you do is create new "script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml" and put it in 720p folder of your skin. the script will look for it there and if found it will be used.use the one in scripts 720p folder as reference.

I just renamed my "script-OpenSubtitles_OSD-Aeon.xml" to "script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml" and it worked like a charm Smile thanks!

- Zeflash - 2010-05-29

Amet Wrote:not saying you should read the whole thread, maybe a few pages back. the same question gets asked on every second page.

jurrabi has posted about it here, its a known problem on win

So you're saying that with the newer script dedicated to the 10.05 release the bug is still there?
Bummer. I was about to try it out but I'm just too dependent on that script for things to be messed up like this.

- amet - 2010-05-30

Zeflash Wrote:So you're saying that with the newer script dedicated to the 10.05 release the bug is still there?
Bummer. I was about to try it out but I'm just too dependent on that script for things to be messed up like this.

we have some reports that it has been fixed, wait for 10.05 and give it a go.

- mr_blobby - 2010-05-30

Amet Wrote:we have some reports that it has been fixed, wait for 10.05 and give it a go.

I can confirm it seems to be fixed. Smile
Take a look here what I used and how I tested it.

- Riderzzz - 2010-06-02

Amet Wrote:add or edit guisettings.xml

it should have "<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.subtitlescript_path">script.xbmc.subtitles</setting>" in it

Hi amet, i know there is not full support for this. but i just wanted to let you know that in the newer builds on the Atv i can add the script in addons but then i cant change the settins.

For this problem i edited the settings.xml in the script and now it was showing in the addons->script settings the right input.

But then the real problem comes Smile the scipt will come with a script error.

This is what my xbmc.log outputs:

PHP Code:
13:44:11 T:52097024 M29609984  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:44:11 T:52097024 M29609984   DEBUGProcess The source file to load is /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py
:44:11 T:52097024 M29609984   DEBUGProcess Setting the Python path to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/Lib:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python24.zip:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python2.4/:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python2.4/plat-darwin:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python2.4/plat-mac:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python2.4/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python2.4/lib-tk:/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload
:44:11 T:52097024 M29605888   DEBUGProcess Entering source directory /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles
:44:11 T:2684407808 M29605888   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (VideoOSD.xml) ------
13:44:11 T:52097024 M29585408    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
13:44:11 T:52097024 M29585408   ERRORError Typeexceptions.ImportError
:44:11 T:52097024 M29585408   ERRORError ContentsNo module named xbmcaddon
:44:11 T:52097024 M29585408   ERRORTraceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py"line 5in ?

import xbmcaddon
                                            ImportError
No module named xbmcaddon 

for your info, because i can easy roll-back, i was just curious to test Smile

- amet - 2010-06-02

Riderzzz Wrote:for your info, because i can easy roll-back, i was just curious to test Smile

then roll back Smile

version 1.6.9 has been made to work with trunk > r30702 and there is no need to edit the settings.xml, it is correct the way it is

- Riderzzz - 2010-06-02

Amet Wrote:then roll back Smile

version 1.6.9 has been made to work with trunk > r30702 and there is no need to edit the settings.xml, it is correct the way it is

rolling back as you speak Smile

- Putr - 2010-06-05

Hi!

I've just discovered XBMC and OpendSubtitles and it's the most amazin thing ever.
But i found a problem. When searching podnapisi.net you get no resoults, and that's becouse of the search string. Search now looks like this:

The Polar Express (2004)

This ouputs NO resoults (even on podnapisi.net web page)

Searching for just The Polar Express works as it should.

So could you fix this? (Most slovenian subtitles are on podnapisi.net)
Maby even using filename for searching?

PS: THANKS for all your hard work, this is amazing!

- amet - 2010-06-05

Putr Wrote:Hi!

I've just discovered XBMC and OpendSubtitles and it's the most amazin thing ever.
But i found a problem. When searching podnapisi.net you get no resoults, and that's becouse of the search string. Search now looks like this:

The Polar Express (2004)

This ouputs NO resoults (even on podnapisi.net web page)

Searching for just The Polar Express works as it should.

So could you fix this? (Most slovenian subtitles are on podnapisi.net)
Maby even using filename for searching?

PS: THANKS for all your hard work, this is amazing!

the script works best when library is enabled and movie is scanned into it, is that how you are using it?

please enable debug logging in script settings and follow the instructions in my signature how to post the xbmc.log.

there will be no more updates to OpenSubtitles_OSD as XBMC Subtitles will be replacing it as soon as XBMC 10.05 goes beta

Zeljko

- Josefin - 2010-06-06

PolliSoft Wrote:Sorry for missing it in the preious pages and thanks for explaining! :-)

Hello - I remember I never had problems before in older versions of this script. Does anyone know if it will help to downgrade the OpensubtitlesOSD or is it definitive that the problem lies in XBMC windows version?

- Josefin - 2010-06-06

Hi, it is me again.

Through this link I found a version 1.6.6 of Opensubtitles.
This is very strange, because I thought here was where the latest version available.

- amet - 2010-06-06

Josefin Wrote:Hello - I remember I never had problems before in older versions of this script. Does anyone know if it will help to downgrade the OpensubtitlesOSD or is it definitive that the problem lies in XBMC windows version?

its definitely xbmc win problem that has been fixed in SVN

- amet - 2010-06-06

Josefin Wrote:Hi, it is me again.

Through this link I found a version 1.6.6 of Opensubtitles.
This is very strange, because I thought here was where the latest version available.

as the name of that zip file suggests, its XBMC Subtitles not OpenSubtitles_OSD.

XBMC Subtitles only works on post addon merge of SVN, OpenSubtitles_OSD is good for SVN < r28256 and it will be replaced by XBMC Subtitles as soon as XBMC 10.05 goes beta

- Josefin - 2010-06-06

Amet Wrote:as the name of that zip file suggests, its XBMC Subtitles not OpenSubtitles_OSD.

XBMC Subtitles only works on post addon merge of SVN, OpenSubtitles_OSD is good for SVN < r28256 and it will be replaced by XBMC Subtitles as soon as XBMC 10.05 goes beta

Thank you Amet.
I was wondering what you meant with the version number - I thought you were talking about OSX or something Big Grin

I am using 28256, downloaded from under Nightly builds, so I guess that I should keep on using the Opensubtitles OSD, correct? Or is it rather that I should use XBMC Subtitles for 28256 and above?

Thanks in advance.