Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation (/showthread.php?tid=56153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation - skaymakca - 2009-08-11

Overview
Script to split thumbnails from movies and tv shows into separate folders. I have been running a mysql database for a long time, which required changing the script, but I never got around to posting the changes. The script now relies on the built-in web server to access the database. I've added some other things like settings and some changes that were posted by others onto this thread.

Download and Usage

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/397935/script.video-fanart-splitter-0.2.0.zip Version 0.2.0

1. From the Add-Ons manager, chose the install from zip file option, and install the script.
  2. Make sure the web server is on, under Settings->Network->Services, make sure Allow control of XBMC via HTTP is selected. Leave username and password blank (the script doesn't support either). You can change the port to whatever you want, the script defaults to port 80.
  3. From the Add-Ons manager or under the Programs section you can configure the script options.
  • After launching this script you can define the new folders as the backdrops for your skin. In aeon this is set with the aeon.custommovies setting (for movies) in the guisettings.xml file.
  • Options for changing the ip address/host name and port number to connect to are present.
  • You can choose between a live progress bar, the old style summary notification, or no notification.
  • Copied files are placed by default under userdata/addon_data/script.video-fanart-splitter
  • Optionally files can be placed under userdata/thumbnails/Custom
  • Finally, you can define a custom folder of your choosing. Samba shares are not supported.

Tested Platforms
  • Win7 (64bit; XBMC 10.1)

Note
  • I haven't tested this on a non-mysql XBMC setup. Feedback is welcome.

Changelog
0.2.0 - 3/26/2011 - Switched to obtaining DB info from xbmc http server. Added settings configuration.
0.1.5 - 2/03/2010 - [by Smenus & CyberXaz] Fixed: jump to next movie if there's a text encoding issue.
0.1.4 - 8/04/2010 - [by Jeroen_JRP] Updated to be compatible with the new addon system
0.1.3 - 8/12/2009 - Changed copy to copyfile to prevent permission issue of python shutil library on xbmc-live
0.1.2 - 8/12/2009 - Added code to create script_data folder if it does not exist
0.1.1 - 8/12/2009 - Deletes the generated script fanart folders on execution. Shows/Movies no longer in database will no longer show up in the generated folders. Added a notification to pop up how many files were processed.
0.1.0 - 8/10/2009 - Initial Release

- whufclee - 2009-08-11

Sorry if this sounds stupid but it sounds as though this does exactly the same as "export video library" under video settings when you choose the "seperate" option?

- watzen - 2009-08-11

whufclee Wrote:Sorry if this sounds stupid but it sounds as though this does exactly the same as "export video library" under video settings when you choose the "seperate" option?

I think it is more like he writes... It outputs the files in two folders. One for tv-shows and one for movie. The function that you're talking about outputs the files to each folder where the files are located, which could be a thousand different folders.

- whufclee - 2009-08-11

Oh I see, I was just being stupid - thought as much! I just have my movies in a directory "films" with no subdirectories which means all the info goes in there, I wasn't thinking about people who have it better organised into more folders.

- skaymakca - 2009-08-11

watzen Wrote:I think it is more like he writes... It outputs the files in two folders. One for tv-shows and one for movie. The function that you're talking about outputs the files to each folder where the files are located, which could be a thousand different folders.

Exactly. The export library option could work, but this script makes the whole affair automated. I have different libraries set up pointing to multiple and different video directories on my computers and this script works with them all, relying only xbmc's own videos sql database and its auto generated thumb nails folder.

- bionic1234 - 2009-08-12

Sounds very cool.
Just a clarification, if I understand correctly the tool searches XBMC tbn files, copies them and renames them to the corresponding TV show or Movie.

Questions
1) Do the copied files export to any folder of the user's choosing?
(*one challenge that I have with the export function of XBMC is that it exports to the exact folder structure of your library (potential risk of copying over the local fanart, nfo, and other data that I have already spent hours creating)

2) Does the tbn container get renamed to example; {movie}-fanart.jpg

If I understand the tool properly above:
3) Hopefully you are considering this for music?
*centralized storing of local artist fanart after XBMC scrapes would be awesome - I am downloading local artist fanart today, but it is a challenge to manually keep up with all of the interest in http://www.htbackdrops.com/

- skaymakca - 2009-08-12

bionic1234 Wrote:Sounds very cool.
Just a clarification, if I understand correctly the tool searches XBMC tbn files, copies them and renames them to the corresponding TV show or Movie.
Thanks. Right now the tool only looks at the fanart in videos. It searches all of the videos in the database and then seperates the fanart files it finds into two folders.

Quote:Questions
1) Do the copied files export to any folder of the user's choosing?
(*one challenge that I have with the export function of XBMC is that it exports to the exact folder structure of your library (potential risk of copying over the local fanart, nfo, and other data that I have already spent hours creating)
Right now it just exports into a predefined folder, in the scripts_data folder in your profile. I can change this and add some settings when I get some time.
Quote:2) Does the tbn container get renamed to example; {movie}-fanart.jpg
Not yet, but this would be easy to implement

Quote:If I understand the tool properly above:
3) Hopefully you are considering this for music?
*centralized storing of local artist fanart after XBMC scrapes would be awesome - I am downloading local artist fanart today, but it is a challenge to manually keep up with all of the interest in http://www.htbackdrops.com/

I don't really use the music function all that much. Between my spouse and myself, we have multiple iTunes libraries, multiple iPods, 2 iPhones, an airport express and an appletv (which I have xbmc on!), so I go the native Apple route for music.

What exactly do you want from the music fanart? The music exported into a folder of your choosing with file names appropriately assigned? If that's the request, I can do it.

I'm thinking about letting the script delete fanart in the main folder (not the one this tool creates) that aren't in the library anymore. Does anyone know if XBMC does this already? Is there any danger in doing this?

- kizer - 2009-08-12

Any chance in making this work on the Xbox?

If it doesn't work right out of the box is there some lines of code we can change to suit our own needs to make it work?

To simplfy this what this thing does is pulls out all the fan art images and dumps them into TV folder Movies folder then our back drop location points at them so the back drops are always up to date with our collection? If so that is killer and honestly would save myself a lot of work because I'm always in trouble with the misses for forgetting to add one of her favorites. Wink

- skaymakca - 2009-08-12

kizer Wrote:Any chance in making this work on the Xbox?

If it doesn't work right out of the box is there some lines of code we can change to suit our own needs to make it work?

I don't have an xbox so can't test. The library for working with the database files are platform specific. I copied them from the Home Theather experience script and call them the same way.

The script also uses a lot of functions in the python os library. I think they should work on the xbox as well.

You could try running this and seeing. If you get an error, you can post or pastebin your xbmc.log if you can't figure out what's wrong yourself.

Quote:To simplfy this what this thing does is pulls out all the fan art images and dumps them into TV folder Movies folder then our back drop location points at them so the back drops are always up to date with our collection? If so that is killer and honestly would save myself a lot of work because I'm always in trouble with the misses for forgetting to add one of her favorites. Wink

If I read that correctly yes, sort of. I point my backdrops to each created folder and get the correct fanart in each section, TV fanart in my TV view, Movie fanart in my Movie view. The caveat is that you have to launch the script whenever you have changes, I don't know how to auto-launch the script after library changes.

You could mess around with setting an xbmc alarm to launch the script automatically every X number of minutes to ensure they are in sync, but I don't want to do that since I already have stability issues with the latest SVN.

- kizer - 2009-08-12

Nope manually is fine for me. Wink

I'll give the xbox a test tonight and see what it does or doesn't and go from there. Worst case I help you figure out an Xbox version or dies a horrible death and I just buy a PC version and get it over with. I've been avoiding it like the Plague for over a year now. Laugh

- skaymakca - 2009-08-12

kizer Wrote:Nope manually is fine for me. Wink

I'll give the xbox a test tonight and see what it does or doesn't and go from there. Worst case I help you figure out an Xbox version or dies a horrible death and I just buy a PC version and get it over with. I've been avoiding it like the Plague for over a year now. Laugh

Haha sounds good. I've test the script on a few platforms and update the status on the OP. Let me know what happens. I'm thinking it should work though since my script isn't using any fancy tricks and the sqlite library and the way it's loaded has specific code for the xbox.

- kizer - 2009-08-13

Welp I don't have Vista so I'm trying to figure out how to install this allready on XP. Wink

- skaymakca - 2009-08-13

On XP your XBMC profile will be under:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC

Replace USERNAME with your XP user name.

In the profile folder will be the folder scripts. Unzip the file I made and add the "Video Fanart Splitter" folder to there.

After running the script the newly created folders will be under:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\script_data\Video Fanart Splitter\

- kizer - 2009-08-13

Wow thanks man. For some odd reason I couldn't get my brain wrapped around it. Then I realized I had application data hidden.

I'm new to the windows XBMC world. Yeah I should of known where the application folder is, but I was confused that is what you wanted. Laugh

Feel free to put that in the first topic since I'm sure I'm not the only idiot thats going screw that up.

I'm not sure if its my skin or something else, but I can't seem to be able to view the /Application Data/XBMC/user_data/ path when I look for it in my skin for the backgrounds. I wonder if its because is naturally hidden?

- skaymakca - 2009-08-13

kizer Wrote:Wow thanks man. For some odd reason I couldn't get my brain wrapped around it. Then I realized I had application data hidden.

I'm new to the windows XBMC world. Yeah I should of known where the application folder is, but I was confused that is what you wanted. Laugh

Feel free to put that in the first topic since I'm sure I'm not the only idiot thats going screw that up.

I'm not sure if its my skin or something else, but I can't seem to be able to view the /Application Data/XBMC/user_data/ path when I look for it in my skin for the backgrounds. I wonder if its because is naturally hidden?

I changed the folder in the original post to %APPDATA%\XBMC which should work on all versions of windows.

I can't view that folder either in my skin. In the file manager I can, under user profile but not through my skin. I just added the folder names myself in the guisettings.xml file

So did the script part at least run under XP? The folders were created? I'll add it to tested platforms if you tell me your XBMC revision.