Kodi Community Forum
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=57227)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- DaveHope - 2009-10-03

Love the tweaks to the UI, especially the improved seek bar and now playing OSD! Keep up the great work

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2009-10-04

Love the skin, its nice having it be so kind to the eyes....keep up the good work your efforts are much appreciated.

- fastscirocco - 2009-10-04

Is there a way I can easily change the background to static images?

- fastscirocco - 2009-10-04

When I use this skin my video plugins dont work......I'm stumped about that.....

- reddragon220 - 2009-10-04

October 4, 2009 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- currently playing music screen implemented
- Visualizations for currently playing music
- fixed fanart toggle
- fanart defaults to on
- Sort Order now reflects the chosen order
- Options->Preferences now returns you to the previous window you were viewing
- Fixed Bug - Refresh window in Lithium Prefs caused focused item to be hidden
- Cover Nav in photos now shows square thumbs instead of poster sized thumbs
- seekbar dialog and video osd don't appear simultaneously
- osd seekbar no longer shows up outside of media player
- video osd pause/play button stays highlighted after clicked
- header pause/play button stays highlighted after clicked
v2
- Bug Fix - backgrounds either all have the ken burns effect or do not, no longer mixed

known bugs
- Accessing and adjusting the Lithium preferences from any screen other than the home screen doesn't apply changes universally

DaveHope Wrote:Love the tweaks to the UI, especially the improved seek bar and now playing OSD! Keep up the great work
Thanks Davehope! The new seekbar does make quite a difference.

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Love the skin, its nice having it be so kind to the eyes....keep up the good work your efforts are much appreciated.
Thanks Hudson_Hawk.

fastscirocco Wrote:Is there a way I can easily change the background to static images?
Yes! There's an option to disable the Ken Burns effect in Preferences -> Lithium -> Background.

fastscirocco Wrote:When I use this skin my video plugins dont work......I'm stumped about that.....
Hum. I'm not quite sure why that's happening. Exactly what video plugins are you using. I simply might not have gotten around to coding support for those yet.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2009-10-05

Sweet, another update gonna put it through its paces tonight. Love the skin keep up the great work.

- reddragon220 - 2009-10-09

October 8, 2009 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- context menu dialogs skinned
- osd settings button
- access to osd bookmarks, audio settings, and video settings
- osd status notices (eg. fast fowarding x16)
- stopped preference screen category dividers from jumping to the right when focused

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Sweet, another update gonna put it through its paces tonight. Love the skin keep up the great work.
Thanks! And here's another update Cool

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2009-10-09

just quick question, do you plan on adding a wide icon view. with my setup i have wide icons for my tv shows. the icons are obtainded from thetvdb. or are focusing ?on the cover views for the skin?

On another note, just put the new version on my box and i am loving the progress

- reddragon220 - 2009-10-11

October 10, 2009 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- aspect ratio of covers in the cover and multiplex views adjusted
- new outline for the cover, fanart, and multiplex views
- focus animation for cover, fanart, and multiplex views
- size of the contextual dialogue reduced

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:just quick question, do you plan on adding a wide icon view. with my setup i have wide icons for my tv shows. the icons are obtainded from thetvdb. or are focusing ?on the cover views for the skin?

On another note, just put the new version on my box and i am loving the progress
I suppose I could start mocking up something for wide icon users. Personally I tend to use dvd covers so it'll be a slight inconvenience re-arranging my library. I'd also probably need an option in the list views for wide-icon users as well...

How's the skin treating your xbox? I'm just runing this on my desktop and laptop and haven't seen it in action on a xbox yet.

- Bram77 - 2009-10-11

I'll test it on the XBOX Smile

- Bram77 - 2009-10-11

Memory usage is to high for the xbox. The XBOX locks up regularly.
I've read that using a xpr file for the textures decreases memory usage.

I do like the path you've chosen for this skin! It could be perfect for smaller PAL and NTSC tv's. Readability is great!

- reddragon220 - 2009-10-11

October 11, 2009 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- new view: song
- new highlight for list view and episode view

Bram77 Wrote:Memory usage is to high for the xbox. The XBOX locks up regularly.
I've read that using a xpr file for the textures decreases memory usage.

I do like the path you've chosen for this skin! It could be perfect for smaller PAL and NTSC tv's. Readability is great!

Thanks for testing that out for me Bram77! It's probably a combination of the texture size and the fact that I haven't been optimized any of my code yet.

Just out of curiosity, are most of the xbox's locking up problems in the Fanart view? I think that throwing 8 720p backgrounds, masking them, resizing them, and then transforming them is probably making XBMC cry. Laugh

- reddragon220 - 2009-10-12

Since designing in a vacuum is never good I thought I'd shake the tree up a little bit and ask everybody two questions:
1) What do you not like about Lithium's interface?
2) How does Lithium measure up against your favorite interface?

- DaveHope - 2009-10-12

I love Lithium, it's certainly up there with Rapier (or will be when it's done).

In terms of what I don't like, I'm not keen on the darker columns for episode number and watched status. There needs to be some differentiation, but not keen on the columns. Perhaps changing the color / size of the episode number and ditching the column might look better? Then maybe a subtle tick / green light for watched state?

- natew - 2009-10-13

I'm not home where I can check this out yet.. anyone care to upload some screens of the new version?