Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v2.01 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v2.01 (/showthread.php?tid=57253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- jgslima - 2009-09-04

Quote:'skin based' media flagging only works if you use one of the media managers that can put the required info in the <studio> field in the .nfo files of your movies.....i'm not sure if/which media managers still supports this.

Hi Ronie, thanks for help.

After I have installed one XBMC night build, media flagging started to work. I did not install any plugin, script or media manager, the only thing I installed in XBMC was Transparency!

And, in fact, I have a lot of movies without a ".nfo" file and with media flagging information correct. And can only think that some component checked the real data inside my ".mkv" files to produce the flagging.

Isn't good when things work without any effort? Smile I mean, not without any effort... with effort of some good developer.

- ronie - 2009-09-04

jgslima Wrote:Hi Ronie, thanks for help.

After I have installed one XBMC night build, media flagging started to work. I did not install any plugin, script or media manager, the only thing I installed in XBMC was Transparency!

And, in fact, I have a lot of movies without a ".nfo" file and with media flagging information correct. And can only think that some component checked the real data inside my ".mkv" files to produce the flagging.

Isn't good when things work without any effort? Smile I mean, not without any effort... with effort of some good developer.

yes, what you're seeing is the new 'native media flagging'.
it's supposed to work right out of the box. ;-)

- MrChuffy - 2009-09-04

Fantastic looking skin , just one question - is there any function at all for music videos? They dont have to work thru the library (given up on that years ago) Just some area or something for music videos would be great.

Or is it just me that uses them these days? Angry

possible bug and a request - joebrady - 2009-09-04

Running on xbox r22528. Didn't see the fanart-short/fanart-long problem a few have mentioned. I have to say, this thing runs like a champ for me, I'm hooked. Right now I'm scanning music and movies into the library (the info overlaps if you do this, not complaining, just noticed) with the ken burns backgrounds and animated weather icons on and still sitting at 20MB.

Can anyone confirm if the "Auto Scrolling for plot & review" is working for them? Not here for me...

And one question/request: When viewing the the Weather Plus plugin, is it possible to be able to toggle the map full screen with my "display" button on the remote? I know I used to be able to do that with Nuka's script, but don't know if that's now possible with it integrated into the skin as it is.

- ronie - 2009-09-04

MrChuffy Wrote:Fantastic looking skin , just one question - is there any function at all for music videos? They dont have to work thru the library (given up on that years ago) Just some area or something for music videos would be great.

Or is it just me that uses them these days? Angry

nope, you're not the only one. the music videos area is by default in the music & video library, so many try to add them to the library by using one of the scrapers and/or manually creating .nfo files for them.

if you don't want / can't scan your music videos to the library then you're stuck with filemode.
there's not much a skin can do in filemode, it's lacking all the bells and whistles.

just tell me what it is exactly that you're looking for and i'll see what's possible.

- steelman1991 - 2009-09-04

Hi Ronie - fabuluous skin mate - really enjoy the focus on the fanart, but with all relevant info - a very nice blend indeed and now firmly established as the families favourite.

Thanks again

Meant to mention that like joebrady "Auto Scrolling for plot & review" isn't working for me either - no big deal. but just confirmation of the behaviour he is noticing.

- MrChuffy - 2009-09-04

ronie Wrote:nope, you're not the only one. the music videos area is by default in the music & video library, so many try to add them to the library by using one of the scrapers and/or manually creating .nfo files for them.

if you don't want / can't scan your music videos to the library then you're stuck with filemode.
there's not much a skin can do in filemode, it's lacking all the bells and whistles.

just tell me what it is exactly that you're looking for and i'll see what's possible.

Jeez nice fast and pleasant reply , other skinners could learn a lot from you Big Grin
This is how i have it currently just thru file view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlHB4E50ys

I need something similar but with that transparency sexiness Big Grin

- whufclee - 2009-09-04

ronie Wrote:most of the code has been moved to Includes_Home.xml

Thanks for the tip on where the code had been moved to - changed a couple of lines and it works exactly how I wanted it, once you click on movies it takes you to the page where you choose Title, Genre, Year etc. Very happy days indeed. Now, I'd better get back to installing that 1tb SATA HDD in the xbox so I can properly test Transparency with lots of media...

- Nate Dogg III - 2009-09-04

Seems to be working nicely. Loving the cdart on the home screen.

One thing though, I'm not the biggest fan of the new video OSD. Takes up rather too much space and I really liked the old one. Any way of having both available to give the user the option of which one they want?

Also while I'm here - any chance of season-specific fanart for TV shows at all? I've got specific fanart for season 4 of Weeds somehow, been trying to replicate it but with no joy. There's so much fanart up on tvdb now it seems a shame to look at the same thing all the time.

- darknior - 2009-09-04

joebrady Wrote:Running on xbox r22528. Didn't see the fanart-short/fanart-long problem a few have mentioned. I have to say, this thing runs like a champ for me, I'm hooked.

I'm not understand, i have the problem in french and in english too Sad
And, i'm not alone ...

joebrady Wrote:Can anyone confirm if the "Auto Scrolling for plot & review" is working for them? Not here for me...

Yes, same problem like you, the text is not scrolling Sad

joebrady Wrote:And one question/request: When viewing the the Weather Plus plugin, is it possible to be able to toggle the map full screen with my "display" button on the remote? I know I used to be able to do that with Nuka's script, but don't know if that's now possible with it integrated into the skin as it is.

Yes, is it possible to change the view like on the Nuka's script page ?
It will be a good option Big Grin
But not a priority i know lol

- ronie - 2009-09-04

steelman1991 Wrote:Meant to mention that like joebrady "Auto Scrolling for plot & review" isn't working for me either - no big deal. but just confirmation of the behaviour he is noticing.

darknior Wrote:Yes, same problem like you, the text is not scrolling Sad

joebrady Wrote:Can anyone confirm if the "Auto Scrolling for plot & review" is working for them? Not here for me...

it's working fine for me. the only thing that's changed since v1.03 is that i increased the delay before the scrolling starts. could you check if it works if you wait just a little longer ?

in case it's still not working, let me know which view (fanart, slide, media-info, etc...) and what content (tv-shows, episodes, movies, artists, etc...)

joebrady Wrote:Right now I'm scanning music and movies into the library (the info overlaps if you do this, not complaining, just noticed)

are you using the default font, or one of the 4x3 fonts?
a screenshot would be nice, if possible?

joebrady Wrote:And one question/request: When viewing the the Weather Plus plugin, is it possible to be able to toggle the map full screen with my "display" button on the remote? I know I used to be able to do that with Nuka's script, but don't know if that's now possible with it integrated into the skin as it is.

i don't think you can do that with the plugin...but i'll double check the examples given by nuka1195.

- ronie - 2009-09-04

Nate Dogg III Wrote:One thing though, I'm not the biggest fan of the new video OSD. Takes up rather too much space and I really liked the old one. Any way of having both available to give the user the option of which one they want?

i'm afraid you'll have to get used to it. i will try to make it slightly more compact (decrease the height), but it won't be much.

Nate Dogg III Wrote:Also while I'm here - any chance of season-specific fanart for TV shows at all? I've got specific fanart for season 4 of Weeds somehow, been trying to replicate it but with no joy. There's so much fanart up on tvdb now it seems a shame to look at the same thing all the time.

it's not supported by xbmc, so there's little i can do.
there was a request for it in the skin development thread some time ago, halfway this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55493&highlight=season+fanart

- ronie - 2009-09-04

MrChuffy Wrote:Jeez nice fast and pleasant reply , other skinners could learn a lot from you Big Grin
This is how i have it currently just thru file view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlHB4E50ys

I need something similar but with that transparency sexiness Big Grin

cheers for the vid. gives me an idea of what you're after.
i'll give it a shot.

- joebrady - 2009-09-04

ronie Wrote:it's working fine for me. the only thing that's changed since v1.03 is that i increased the delay before the scrolling starts. could you check if it works if you wait just a little longer ?

in case it's still not working, let me know which view (fanart, slide, media-info, etc...) and what content (tv-shows, episodes, movies, artists, etc...)

are you using the default font, or one of the 4x3 fonts?
a screenshot would be nice, if possible?

i don't think you can do that with the plugin...but i'll double check the examples given by nuka1195.

Yes, I'll look at the auto scrolling again soon. Going to look at some boobies tonight, so xbmc is not a priorityShocked I'm sure someone else will beat me to it.

It didn't really have anything to do with the fonts, the actuall boxes were ontop of one another if you scanned music and movies at the same time (I'm sure not many try this)

- steelman1991 - 2009-09-04

Wow just realised how amazing this skin is - didn't know about the 'hidden' skins setting on the 'settings' page - this really opens the whole thing up and brings it to life - fabulous job on the skin.

Fraid the auto-scrolling thingy isn't working for me, just left it on for 30 seconds and there is no movement at all. Keep up the great work - this skin has the potential to be the best - oh what the heck I'll stick my neck out - IT IS THE BEST!!!!! Big Grin