Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- ringgh0st - 2009-09-23

Livin Wrote:Is there something I'm missing on the location of the bright/contrast level controls?

thx guys!

azido was not right. in windows you cant change brightness through OSD, it only works under linux. sorry man Wink

- Hitcher - 2009-09-23

You can but it depends on your graphics card I believe - I know I can with my ATI card.

- Hyrules - 2009-09-23

Kriker dx build 23120 run very well on my Asrock 330-BD. The only thing that still choppy is hidef mkv. Even tho i have Haali install. But i dont think they support codec yet ? dont they ? Thanks to the developpers of DX version of XBMC.

Windows 7 x64, 4 GB RAM

- ashlar - 2009-09-23

Hyrules, they don't. Although I think that a build with MPC-HC codecs plus Haali splitter would be doable (all open source, right?). Maybe not an official one... I don't know.

- Hyrules - 2009-09-24

Interesting. Because that's the only thing preventing me to go from SageTv to XBMC completly. XMBC is getting better and better from build to build. I would really like to see some kind of codec support.

- ashlar - 2009-09-24

Are you limited by your CPU for hi-def playback? Otherwise... what magic features are looking to get out of external codecs? Don't forget the external player functionality, which is already there.

- Hyrules - 2009-09-24

Actually I have a Atom N330 which is dual core @ 1.6 Ghz. Every hidef I play with xbmc is choppy As for the external player, I already know but the best media center software should'nt need an external player no ?

- kricker - 2009-09-24

Hyrules Wrote:Actually I have a Atom N330 which is dual core @ 1.6 Ghz. Every hidef I play with xbmc is choppy As for the external player, I already know but the best media center software should'nt need an external player no ?
Your treading on ice with statements like that. Those are topics for other threads, which you will find aplenty.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-24

Hyrules Wrote:Actually I have a Atom N330 which is dual core @ 1.6 Ghz. Every hidef I play with xbmc is choppy As for the external player, I already know but the best media center software should'nt need an external player no ?

I seriously doubt XBMC will ever do the codec approach. Most importantly, it would lose the ease of setup/use across all platforms.

I myself wish for better performance with XBMC on Windows. And in this regard, I think XBMC devs have tried to meet "power-users" halfway by allowing external players.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-09-24

only two problems so far

aspect ratio is wrong
and in build 23100 digital sound won't work, in 23069 it works.

digital sound though ATI HDMI

- TaeOH - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:I seriously doubt XBMC will ever do the codec approach. Most importantly, it would lose the ease of setup/use across all platforms.

I myself wish for better performance with XBMC on Windows. And in this regard, I think XBMC devs have tried to meet "power-users" halfway by allowing external players.

The fact that I really could not get acceptable media player playback was the reason I just switched to linux. I know it is possible in Windows, I bought CoreAVC and played movies with it through MediaPortal and they looked as good as my PS3 upscaling. But I wanted the skin capabilities of XBMC and after looking at using an external media player, I just decided it would be easier learning Linux than getting things exactly the way I wanted them in Windows.

The linux version of XBMC is what I remembered the Xbox version being...but in HD.

- azido - 2009-09-24

TaeOH Wrote:The fact that I really could not get acceptable media player playback was the reason I just switched to linux. I know it is possible in Windows, I bought CoreAVC and played movies with it through MediaPortal and they looked as good as my PS3 upscaling. But I wanted the skin capabilities of XBMC and after looking at using an external media player, I just decided it would be easier learning Linux than getting things exactly the way I wanted them in Windows.

The linux version of XBMC is what I remembered the Xbox version being...but in HD.

please stop being offtopic.
thanks.

- Broads - 2009-09-24

Tried it last night and was pleasntly suprised how complete this was.
I was missing 2 dlls from the build dx3d_29 and 31. But I found those on the net.

I tied a couple of vids in various codecs and all apart from MTS worked great.
MTS (AVCHD) Lite a format used in my new digitial camera didn't play well at all and stuttered and generally played in slow motion.

Will play a bit more.

x64 2GB Ram ASUS.
Embeded ATI Radeon3000
Vista64

- FattyMcDirty - 2009-09-24

hm.. the dx-builds don't seem to handle the aspect ratio well here.. i tried the latest build yesterday, but it was kinda slow-motion and not sized correctly...

nforce 730a with geforce 8200 onboard hdmi... with xp sp3 - any suggestions?
i'm running it on 1920x1080 via hdmi on a 32" tv.

- Dullie - 2009-09-24

I tried the 23210 DX build yesterday... And WOW! This is what HD is supposed to be.. The difference between the non DX builds and DX build is huge.. Night and day in my opinion :d

However, I encountered several issues, that I would like to report...

My GPU is 8400M nVidia, CPU 2.1 GHz 8100 (its a Vaio Laptop)

1 - Aspect ratio is messed up on 1080p, I had to make a Custom 1.13 (Pixel Ratio) zoom for most of my videos..

2 - ScreenSaver is not disabled.. It kicks in.. and I mean windows screensaver, not xbmc's (have it disabled)

3 - Whenever I pause a video using the spacebar (spacebar only) I lose the digital audio connection to my receiver, and I have to shut down XBMC to get it back up again, However when I use "P" for pausing, playing it works flawlessly...

Now the thing that I need explanations with is does "Video Upscaling Method - Bicubic, Bilinear, Nearest Neighbor" have any difference with HD material? Also, the Rendering Methods "advanced Shaders, Software, .. Etc" any effect all..?

Thanks