Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- kulprit - 2009-10-17

Just on your latest build kricker, both gl and dx I get no video playing and the audio works. Also no sync playback to display. The video is actually playing but i can only see a slither of it at the bottom.

Went back to the previous dx and all is fine. Still the normal dx stuff like slower menus, and when it comes out of sleep the windows bar stays on top.

- Livin - 2009-10-17

kulprit Wrote:Just on your latest build kricker, both gl and dx I get no video playing and the audio works. Also no sync playback to display. The video is actually playing but i can only see a slither of it at the bottom.

Went back to the previous dx and all is fine. Still the normal dx stuff like slower menus, and when it comes out of sleep the windows bar stays on top.

This happens to me, only with GL builds, on MKV files on every build since 22516.

I have a bug posted with TRAC #7231

If you are seeing the same thing, PLEASE post in the TRAC bug so they know this is happening to others and lets get this thing looked at Smile

- WiSo - 2009-10-17

Before posting something to trac verify that it affects more than one user. The DX build works fine for me with mkv and other medias.

- azido - 2009-10-17

WiSo Wrote:Before posting something to trac verify that it affects more than one user. The DX build works fine for me with mkv and other medias.

yeah, no troubles either. very pleased with how video and gui rendering turned out in latest builds.

but other changes make my head ache Wink

- paco - 2009-10-17

I use an Nvidia 8500GT on Windows 7 with the latest Nvidia drivers and I have no video issues with the current releases.

Today's Kricker release 23796, however, does not stream AC3 audio (I didn't have any DTS files handy to test) for me. MP3 audio has no issues. I switched back to 23739 and the AC3 audio bit-streaming is fine.

- kricker - 2009-10-17

paco Wrote:I use an Nvidia 8500GT on Windows 7 with the latest Nvidia drivers and I have no video issues with the current releases.

Today's Kricker release 23796, however, does not stream AC3 audio (I didn't have any DTS files handy to test) for me. MP3 audio has no issues. I switched back to 23739 and the AC3 audio bit-streaming is fine.
Look thru trac between those version and see if you can find out where it might have happened.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-10-18

starting with build 23796 two problems

1) keyboard commands don't work, if eventghost was started before xbmc was started and is eventghost is running in background
2) AC3 audio pass-through doesn't work, just silence.

- azido - 2009-10-18

nekrosoft13 Wrote:starting with build 23796 two problems

1) keyboard commands don't work, if eventghost was started before xbmc was started and is eventghost is running in background
2) AC3 audio pass-through doesn't work, just silence.

me too have strange keyboard issues using intelliremote : using aeon showmix, both in DX and GL version, on startup arrow left and arrow right are not working as expected - i can hear the sound triggered by using them, but there is no movement on the home menu shortcuts, until i use arrow up/down once - then all works again.

did not test digital audio yet.

- jmarshall - 2009-10-18

Which skin? Does it work fine with the keyboard?

- sergiocos - 2009-10-18

jmarshall Wrote:Which skin? Does it work fine with the keyboard?

-Aeon Showmix specific issue, keyboard did the same thing (you have to press up or down to unlock left/right)
-Aeon Mod of temmi2000 doesn't work at all in the latest two svns (black screen; still can hear the navigation sounds though)

- azido - 2009-10-18

aeon showmix is the one i've encountered that. keyboard doesn't work either, unless i hit one up or down arrow. then all goes back to normal.

- azido - 2009-10-18

sergiocos Wrote:-Aeon Showmix specific issue, keyboard did the same thing (you have to press up or down to unlock left/right)
-Aeon Mod of temmi2000 doesn't work at all in the latest two svns (black screen; still can hear the navigation sounds though)

have to add there is no code change in showmix, only svn revisions changed.

- Insem - 2009-10-18

Insem Wrote:Me too I also have serious tearing on my playback. Dosnt matter what file ie avi, mp4, wmv, mkv. makes no difference when I change vsync either.

Build 23718_dx
Win 7
Intel P4 3.4ghz HT L2 Cache 800MHz FSB
2 GB Ram Dual Channel
Intel 915 onboard graphics, have latest drivers loaded.. seems to be really nice for media playback, will probably upgrade to beter video card soon
VGA out to 42" Pana Plasma

Apart from the tearing, xbmc works perfectly on Aeon, Transperancy, mediastream... Havnt tried the external player yet, dont really want to at this stage

Edited

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-10-19

i'm using Aeon hitched. and the up and down arrows trick doesn't help.

I have to minimize XBMC, turn off eventghost, turn it back on and then keyboard and remote works.

XBMC-23739 works fine, both the keyboard and digital audio, next dx compiled build breaks digital audio and keyboard.

- kulprit - 2009-10-19

I can confirm on the keyboard side of things that it goes all weird. The solution above does work. Also with the latest dx build, going to sleep and waking up causes the whole program to move diagonally and offset on my tv. First build that has done this.