Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- tiben20 - 2010-01-07

therealjoeblow Wrote:One last note - whatever renderer is currently being used works fine, it's just as good as either Overlay or VMR7 with ZoomPlayer, which also work flawlessly. However, if i use VMR9 or EVR with any other player on this hardware, then I experience *horrible* tearing which cannot be overcome. So if there is future consideration regarding the DirectX renderer, please do NOT lock it down to VMR9 like so many other applications do. Either continue to use Overlay (which I'm guessing it does now based on how well it works), or at least give the user options, because VMR9 on XP doesn't work very well at all!
Direct3d is used for rendering, vmr9 is sending direct3d surface to the application for rendering and evr is kinda the same too and xbmc dont use neither one of them

- StarChild - 2010-01-08

Is it just me but sense dx introduced everything juddering. even the gui (which you can see on the rss stream). It,s smoother now in the final release but isn't gone completely. 50Hz is standard where I live and even 50Hz films juddering.
I'm using Nvidia graphics. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Cheers StarChild

- seeker83 - 2010-01-10

WiSo Wrote:works fine with ultravnc. Dunno about other tools.
Yea it works over VNC. I used PC Help Ware which is built on UltraVNC (Great tool btw if you want to help friends that are behind firewalls. As long as you have your port open you just tell them to download a small client exe-file which connects to your "helper-server". No more need to instruct them to open ports and stuff which can be really tricky over the phone).

It does not work over RDP (using mstsc - Microsoft Terminal Server Client), probably since it steals the monitor output. Sad

Anyway XBMC works great now, nice work on the final 9.11 version! Big Grin

- athloni - 2010-01-10

StarChild Wrote:Is it just me but sense dx introduced everything juddering. even the gui (which you can see on the rss stream). It,s smoother now in the final release but isn't gone completely. 50Hz is standard where I live and even 50Hz films juddering.
I'm using Nvidia graphics. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Cheers StarChild

100% CPU usage (gui) bug in DX builds

- jmarshall - 2010-01-10

*in DX drivers*

- StarChild - 2010-01-11

athloni Wrote:100% CPU usage (gui) bug in DX builds

No, the CPU isn't at 100%.
Its like 3% when idle and judderish rss, rolling text, yeah everything that moves.
Also 50Hz, 24Hz and 60Hz movies, everything. When I play a movie in any other player its smooth. The reason I brought this up is that it has been better and better in the alphas and betas, but it's isn't completely gone in the Final Camelot release. I also recently did a fresh install of my Windows and xbmc but the problem remains.

@jmarshall: The DX drivers, what about them?

I enabled the debug, and if I enter Video and enable Library it drops from 60Hz to 30-45Hz and goes back to 60Hz when I deselect Library. Strange

- StarChild - 2010-01-17

I have dual display with my TV. And as soon as I disable the computer monitor and only run the TV as a monitor, this problem disappears. So it has to do something to do with dual monitors.

- Carlos ze Dwarf - 2010-01-18

Starchild, i see the same problem as you. I now run a PC with a dual screen setup:
- Win7 x64
- amd phenom II 955 (3.2Ghz)
- 4GB RAM
- Geforce GT 240

I tried with both Camelot 9.11 and latest botbuild, i have often stuttering in the UI and video playback.
[edit]: it has to do with automatic refresh rate. When enabled the stuttering appears.
After disabling it, all is perfectly smooth.

1st screen is HDMI/TV (automatic after plugging the hdmi cable, can't change it), 2nd screen is DVI/pc monitor.

I'll try with an opengl build and report back.

- newg - 2010-01-18

Carlos ze Dwarf Wrote:I tried with both Camelot 9.11 and latest botbuild, i have often stuttering in the UI and video playback.
[edit]: it has to do with automatic refresh rate. When enabled the stuttering appears.
After disabling it, all is perfectly smooth.

1st screen is HDMI/TV (automatic after plugging the hdmi cable, can't change it), 2nd screen is DVI/pc monitor.

I'll try with an opengl build and report back.

I am running an Intel e8500 with 6 gigs ram and a nvidia 8800gt. I run a LCD via DVI and then have a HDTV running at 50mhz via DVI as my second monitor.

I also have tried 9.11 and one of the latest builds and see stuttering. I took off the auto refresh under the video menu and still get stuttering.

- spamenigma - 2010-01-19

I get stuttering on everything if I leave my htpc on for a while. This has only started since using the dx builds. I first noticed it on an early dx build and reverted back to gl. I am using the final release of camelot at the moment and the problem still exists.

I have to restart the htpc and then all is fine for the evening. But I can guarantee the next day it video will look slightly juddery, as if its skipping a lot of frames.

- Carlos ze Dwarf - 2010-01-20

I've been playing this evening with the latest trunk build (rev 27007) which contains quite interesting stuff like lanczos upscaling or faster UI and apart for MP3 not playing, the video playback and UI are sooo much smoother i'm just crossing fingers it stays that way 4ever Nod

UI is now displayed consistantly @ 60fps with no slowdowns whatsoever even when fast scrolling and all the HD MKVs that i've tried don't stutter anymore. That is using auto refresh rate. Cool

- StarChild - 2010-01-20

-

- Carlos ze Dwarf - 2010-01-20

Scratch what i said last night... Today started xbmc and slowdowns were there in the UI and playback in all their glory Sad

And i haven't touched anything in my config!
I had xbmc on for like 4 hours yesterday and it was super smooth...

- StarChild - 2010-01-21

Hehe same as me.. I updated to r27020 and excited as I was I thought the problem was gone and wrote it here. But It wasn't, thats why I deleted my previously post.
So the problem remains. I also just updated the nvidia driver to v196.21 x64 without any luck.

I also played around in nvidias control panel allot with different settings without any progress.

@carlos ze Dwarf: did you restart XBMC in those 4 hours?

I think im will create a ticket soon if I dont find anything that could affect this.

- Smiff - 2010-01-21

good:
my remote controller response is much better than it was with the opengl version (i used to get double keypresses, which required a key filter using ahk. now it just works.)

bad:
takes a long time to start videos with my external player now (zoomplayer starts instantly but xbmc seems to not want to get out of the way?!)