Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Facebook Photos (Picture) Plugin - Facebook Photo / Images Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Facebook Photos (Picture) Plugin - Facebook Photo / Images Addon (/showthread.php?tid=59279)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[RELEASE] Facebook Photos (Picture) Plugin - Facebook Photo / Images Addon - leo2 - 2009-10-07

FBXBMC is a pictures plugin for XBMC that allow connecting to Facebook® within XBMC interface and displaying photos from your albums & your friends albums.

Current Features:
1. My Photos - All of your photos grouped by albums.
2. My Friend's Albums - For each friend a list of albums & photos.
3. Photos of Me - All of the photos that you appears in (using tags)
4. Recent Albums - The last created 10 albums of the your friends

Screenshots
Main Menu
Show Albums Screenshot
Show Friends Screenshot
Show Photos Screenshot

Source
The plugin is developed under GPL V2 License.
svn root: http://facebook-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Download & Installation
Latest Version found here:
http://code.google.com/p/facebook-xbmc/downloads/list

1. unzip fbxbmc-photos.zip file into XBMC\plugins\pictures under your home folder.
  2. In XBMC - Go to My Pictures -> Pictures Plugins -> Facebook Photos
  3. In Facebook - allow XBMC to access your facebook profile using this link:
    http://www.facebook.com/authorize.php?api_key=dfca744508d00e5e509e64dfae9d9d3a&ext_perm=read_stream&v=1.0
  4. When you first use the plugin, your browser will automatically opened to login facebook, after you logged in, close the browser and click OK on the opened dialog in XBMC. your session will be saved and you won't need to log in each time again. (until it will be expired)
    If your machine doesn't have a web browser (like AppleTV), you can use the plugin in XBMC under Windows and after successful login, copy "userdata\plugin_data\pictures\Facebook Photos\settings.xml" file to the other machine.

Have fun!

Edit 15/10/2009 Facebook News Feed Plugin released - Allow browsing home news feed and watch linked pictures and videos - same download URL

- PantsOnFire - 2009-10-07

Pretty cool, will probably give this a shot, Im sure alot of people will dig this.

Just wondering, the PMIII-style interface.. is that present because you were using the skin when making these screenshots? Or is that part of the FBXBMC interface?

- spiff - 2009-10-07

this is a plugin. it has no interface.

- leo2 - 2009-10-07

PantsOnFire Wrote:Pretty cool, will probably give this a shot, Im sure alot of people will dig this.

Just wondering, the PMIII-style interface.. is that present because you were using the skin when making these screenshots? Or is that part of the FBXBMC interface?
That's a plugin not a script, it uses your current skin. (mine is PMIII)

- queeup - 2009-10-07

What are we doin if we don't have windows and browser?

- leo2 - 2009-10-07

queeup Wrote:What are we doin if we don't have windows and browser?
as I mentioned in the first post:
"If your machine doesn't have a web browser (like AppleTV), you can use the plugin in XBMC under Windows and after successful login, copy "userdata\plugin_data\pictures\Facebook Photos\settings.xml" file to the other machine."
in other words - use another computer to create the settings.xml file and then copy it into your machine.
the login process using the browser is necessary to create the session key.

- rwparris2 - 2009-10-07

I'm only guessing here, but you may be able to auth the plugin with mechanize for browserless platforms.
This may be a breach of facebook api's TOS though.

FB is blocked at work, so unfortunately I can't check any of this stuff myself.

- queeup - 2009-10-07

hmm boxee facebook app using xdg-open for auth.

- Seft - 2009-10-07

Hi,

I've been testing this out this morning. Couple of things:

- Album lists (my photos etc.) load quite slowly. I have 56 albums, so I had to wait about a minute. I notice that lists of photos load pretty much instantly, so is there some room to optimise that?
- I didn't get any thumbnails for my albums or my friends' albums, but I did get thumbnails for recent albums.
- Suggestion: rather than displaying the filename of the photos, why not display the caption, where available?
- Feature request: Option to see photos of friends (like I can see photos of myself).

It's looking pretty good; well done and thanks.

- nicoli_k - 2009-10-07

Cool plugin leo2. It works on my xbox after copying the settings.xml from my Windows XP installation.

Thanks!

- leo2 - 2009-10-07

Seft Wrote:Hi,

I've been testing this out this morning. Couple of things:

- Album lists (my photos etc.) load quite slowly. I have 56 albums, so I had to wait about a minute. I notice that lists of photos load pretty much instantly, so is there some room to optimise that?
- I didn't get any thumbnails for my albums or my friends' albums, but I did get thumbnails for recent albums.
- Suggestion: rather than displaying the filename of the photos, why not display the caption, where available?
- Feature request: Option to see photos of friends (like I can see photos of myself).

It's looking pretty good; well done and thanks.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

1. Actually, there is a way to combine all the 56 facebook calls into one, I guess I'll do it later.
2. Don't have a clue, everything works fine for me.
3. I Didn't know that photos has captions, I can use it.
4. It's possible without too much effort. I'll consider it.

- Seft - 2009-10-07

leo2 Wrote:Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

1. Actually, there is a way to combine all the 56 facebook calls into one, I guess I'll do it later.
2. Don't have a clue, everything works fine for me.
3. I Didn't know that photos has captions, I can use it.
4. It's possible without too much effort. I'll consider it.

Happy to help

2. Is there some way to see if the image data is actually being downloaded? Nothing in the log.
3. Meant descriptions, rather than captions. Alternatively, even a list of the people tagged in the photo would be more meaningful than n_xxx.jpg

- leo2 - 2009-10-08

Happy to help

2. Is there some way to see if the image data is actually being downloaded? Nothing in the log.
3. Meant descriptions, rather than captions. Alternatively, even a list of the people tagged in the photo would be more meaningful than n_xxx.jpg

2. It will fill up the log with to much data. I prefer not to write it to the log.
3. I think I'll stick with the caption, the tag will requiere an extra api calls to facebook and will slow up the photos loading

anyway, I commited the first fix (album fetch performance) to the svn, you may test it.

- Seft - 2009-10-08

leo2 Wrote:2. It will fill up the log with to much data. I prefer not to write it to the log.
3. I think I'll stick with the caption, the tag will requiere an extra api calls to facebook and will slow up the photos loading

anyway, I commited the first fix (album fetch performance) to the svn, you may test it.

Thanks

1. Fixed. Now working really well.
2. Also fixed, somehow. Still, important thing is that it's working Smile
3. Working really well
4. Working

Would it be possible to have the list of friends ordered alphabetically? I can't figure out the current logic.

- leo2 - 2009-10-08

Version 1.01 Released.
Download link in the first post.

Change Log:
added: album's creation date is displayed before its name
removed: session secret key (it wasn't used anyway)
added: ability to see photos that your friends appears in. ("Show Photos of My Friends")
changed: photo name is now taken from the caption if available
fixed : album's loading is now faster
changed: recent albums count increased to 20
removed: unnecessary debug print in fbapi