Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: xTV SAF (/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- lipo - 2010-09-02 18:11

on upper right corner, there 0 & i cant highlight up/down arrow
[Image: 1zbtlci.jpg]
[Image: 116mi9u.jpg]

- wyrm - 2010-09-03 03:51

lipo Wrote:on upper right corner, there 0 & i cant highlight up/down arrow
lipo,
that line is xbmc saying that there are multiple pages of info (or settings in this case). BUT, as it's saying 0, there is only one page to display (if I made the size of the display box smaller, you would probably see something other than 0). So as there is only one page of info, the up/down arrows serve no purpose and so are not activated.

Short story, it's a bug in xbmc (very minor bug), should not really show if the skinner shows all of the available info for the dialogue.

Best way to spot bugs that are xbmc bugs is to run a couple of other skins and see if you see the same thing. Would be helpful if you check against other skins and find something that appears to work, to then let me know which skin it's working in. That way I can steal (Um, I mean see how to do it properly) from that skin.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-09-03 06:58

ok i run pm 3
[Image: 2z9cwm9.jpg]
[Image: kasqrl.jpg]
[Image: 2sb2vkg.jpg]
http://pastebin.com/spwrdTs8
BTW it would be great if you change the background osd to transparance similar to pm3

- wyrm - 2010-09-03 07:13

lipo Wrote:ok i run pm 3

http://pastebin.com/spwrdTs8

lipo,

OK I stand slightly corrected (it's a little bug after all). Will check PM3 and see what the difference is between xTV SAF and PM3. Having said that, I'm due to add on-screen slider support to these dialogues so xTV SAF will fall more into line with PM3 on this. Be kind, a lot of this skin I have never touched and so is still in the state it was at svn2269 of xTV. I'll add this (and your other posts) to my todo list for v1.0.

Keep the reports coming tiger.
Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-09-03 07:16

BTW it would be great if you change the background osd for audio & vid settng to transparance similar to pm3

- Fragarach - 2010-09-03 19:27

Hey wyrm!!

I resolved my last issue (don't remember what the fix was but anyway) thanx for your help!!

Last night I upgraded to v0.96

In the "Views" section have the "Movies" and "TV Shows" views been combined into "Videos" ?? Where it gives you the options to hide views I mean?

If this is what it is now (and I didn't screw up my upgrade) why is it that some of the views listed aren't available in TV shows even tho they aren't hidden? Is something wrong here? I liked it better when they were separate.

Also how can i get "Big Wide" back as a view for my TV Shows? I had that setup previously and loaded up a ton of banners (A view that is NOT available for TV Shows so I dunno if this would work) from TVDB into my shows individual folders.Right now I am using "List" view as that is the only one that shows the banners without distorting them.

I can edit if you point me in the right direction please.

Thanx

Joe

*EDIT*

Well I was having a lot of problems. Dunno what was goin on. Wasn't scanning at startup like it was set to. Got hung up every time I hit restart from the power menu. Lost all my movies and shows (they weren't there at all in their respective folders) instead a got something never seen before askin about a password, then a box popped up saying I lost all my trainers. What the heck is a trainer?

Anyways I was not happy at all and thought I'd borked it so I deleted the whole build (including the new v0.96 skin) and re-loaded my previous build which I had backed-up prior to all this.

Everything is back to normal. However one thing the upgrade had done right was it gave me the watched "eyeball" on my movies and shows and now I don't have it in my coverflow view for movies and list view inside the seasons for my shows. even tho "use watched overlay" is checked. dog gone it.

I would try upgrading to just the new xtv version and not upgrading the build except for the reasons I originally cited i.e. losing my "big wide" view in my shows. It is how the wife likes it and, well you know how that goes.

Thanx for your time guys!!

Joe

- wyrm - 2010-09-05 15:33

Fragarach Wrote:Hey wyrm!!

I resolved my last issue (don't remember what the fix was but anyway) thanx for your help!!

Last night I upgraded to v0.96
Fragarach,
Your from the mid west aren't you? I have a friend here who was originally from the mid west and speaks gibberish just like you type. So if I misunderstand what you are saying, have another go and I will see if I can decipher what you are trying to say.

Now, xTV SAF v0.96 only runs on svn 31455 or later under windows (mac and linux to the best of my knowledge, but not tested) AND on the xbox for any of the xbmc4xbox builds. If you are not using any of the listed builds you are going to have problems.
Quote:In the "Views" section have the "Movies" and "TV Shows" views been combined into "Videos" ?? Where it gives you the options to hide views I mean?
Combined NO. It's just the views are the same for Movies or for TV shows, thus the one section in the 'Views' Settings menu.

Quote:If this is what it is now (and I didn't screw up my upgrade) why is it that some of the views listed aren't available in TV shows even tho they aren't hidden? Is something wrong here? I liked it better when they were separate.
There is a small bug with the settings for the new 'Banner' view. If you turn OFF the 'Coverflow' view you also turn off 'Banner' view, so make sure you leave 'Coverflow' selected

Quote:Also how can i get "Big Wide" back as a view for my TV Shows? I had that setup previously and loaded up a ton of banners (A view that is NOT available for TV Shows so I dunno if this would work) from TVDB into my shows individual folders.Right now I am using "List" view as that is the only one that shows the banners without distorting them.
Sorry 'Big Wide' and a couple of other view are now gone as I think they don't really fit with the skin as it currently is. If you really want those views, you need to stay with v0.90 of the skin. But try 'Banner' view as it is my replacement for some of the missing views (And guess what it's designed to run with. Hint look at the view name).
Quote:I can edit if you point me in the right direction please.

Thanx

Joe
Quote:*EDIT*

Well I was having a lot of problems. Dunno what was goin on. Wasn't scanning at startup like it was set to.
Another small bug, it is in fact scanning (or it should be if your setup is not broken) just not showing it with a dialogue if you are running on the xbox.
Quote: Got hung up every time I hit restart from the power menu. Lost all my movies and shows (they weren't there at all in their respective folders) instead a got something never seen before askin about a password, then a box popped up saying I lost all my trainers. What the heck is a trainer?

Anyways I was not happy at all and thought I'd borked it so I deleted the whole build (including the new v0.96 skin) and re-loaded my previous build which I had backed-up prior to all this.

Everything is back to normal. However one thing the upgrade had done right was it gave me the watched "eyeball" on my movies and shows and now I don't have it in my coverflow view for movies and list view inside the seasons for my shows. even tho "use watched overlay" is checked. dog gone it.

I would try upgrading to just the new xtv version and not upgrading the build except for the reasons I originally cited i.e. losing my "big wide" view in my shows. It is how the wife likes it and, well you know how that goes.

Thanx for your time guys!!

Joe
Really without a FULL debug log it's a bit hard to say what exactly is going on, But all of this seems to suggest that your setup is pretty well screwed up.

You need to reinstall the skin and make sure you are running a compatible build of xbmc or xbmc4xbox. BIG note, Do NOT install the new skin while you are running an old version of the skin. Change to another skin and then ftp (or whatever you use to get the skin into the appropriate place to run it) the new version of the skin to your box. Do NOT copy the new version of the skin over the top of the old version (should be fine, but just in case it is causing problems, don't do it). Hope this helps. Write back and say how you get on.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Text over top of existing text - Ozzy1980 - 2010-09-05 16:34

In the movie listing the movie title is over top of the "Go Back" text... any idea how to adjust this? Also what is the best version of XBMC to use for the xbox?

- wyrm - 2010-09-05 16:47

lipo Wrote:on upper right corner, there 0 & i cant highlight up/down arrow
lipo,
couple of bug fixes for you if you would like to patch things yourself.

Go into the file VideoOSDSettings.xml in the PAL directory and after the following line

PHP Code:
<texture diffuse="RndSquMask.png" border="8">button-menu-background.png</texture
and add the following line
PHP Code:
<colordiffuse>UnFocusedPosters</colordiffuse
This will make the dialogue transparent

Then go down to this section of code (about line 18)
PHP Code:
<control type="spincontrol" id="60">
            <
description>Next page button</description>
            <
posx>371</posx>
            <
posy>8</posy>
            <
subtype>int</subtype>
            <
font>font12</font>
            <
onleft>60</onleft>
            <
onright>60</onright>
            <
ondown>2</ondown>
        </
control
and delete it.
This will sort out the problem with the up/down stuff on the title line of the dialogue (changes to the layout of the file have left the spin control no longer required). Now I will be messing with things in this file for the v1.0 release, so I will probably change the look of the dialogue a little. At any rate, this will sort things out for you for the time being.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- wyrm - 2010-09-05 17:00

Ozzy1980 Wrote:In the movie listing the movie title is over top of the "Go Back" text... any idea how to adjust this? Also what is the best version of XBMC to use for the xbox?
Ozzy1980,

Need a bit of info (and probably a screenshot of the problem). What view are you using? In Library mode or file mode? And is that in SD or a wide screen resolution?

Now, 'what is the best version...', :- Any version since the builds were called 'xbmc4xbox' should be fine. Don't use the builds from before the xbox was split from xbmc as they are too old and a number of things will probably be broken.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-09-05 18:41

wyrm Wrote:lipo,
couple of bug fixes for you if you would like to patch things yourself.

Go into the file VideoOSDSettings.xml in the PAL directory and after the following line

PHP Code:
<texture diffuse="RndSquMask.png" border="8">button-menu-background.png</texture
and add the following line
PHP Code:
<colordiffuse>UnFocusedPosters</colordiffuse
This will make the dialogue transparent

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

nice
i also add it to MusicOSDVisSetting.xml & visualizationpreset.xml
[Image: 2605vt1.jpg]
[Image: 2rhbm8m.jpg]
thanks a bunch Wyrm

- wyrm - 2010-09-06 03:29

lipo Wrote:nice
i also add it to MusicOSDVisSetting.xml & visualizationpreset.xml

thanks a bunch Wyrm
lipo,
that's OK mate. Really, I think the OSD needs to be turned off while these dialogues are on screen (and to come back when the dialogues are closed), but that is a little more involved and can wait for the release of v1.0. Any more bugs that you have found?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Fragarach - 2010-09-06 18:16

wyrm Wrote:Fragarach,
Your from the mid west aren't you? I have a friend here who was originally from the mid west and speaks gibberish just like you type. So if I misunderstand what you are saying, have another go and I will see if I can decipher what you are trying to say.

Hahaha nope, from Hawaii but lived most of my life in North Carolina and California. In California now for the last ohhh .........30 years? What was gibberish?

wyrm Wrote:Now, xTV SAF v0.96 only runs on svn 31455 or later under windows (mac and linux to the best of my knowledge, but not tested) AND on the xbox for any of the xbmc4xbox builds. If you are not using any of the listed builds you are going to have problems.
Combined NO. It's just the views are the same for Movies or for TV shows, thus the one section in the 'Views' Settings menu.

It was the latest build for the xbox from sshcs.com. I upgraded that first.

wyrm Wrote:There is a small bug with the settings for the new 'Banner' view. If you turn OFF the 'Coverflow' view you also turn off 'Banner' view, so make sure you leave 'Coverflow' selected

Coverflow is what I use for my "Movies" folder. It was the only one NOT hidden. "Banner" view still wasn't there.

wyrm Wrote:Sorry 'Big Wide' and a couple of other view are now gone as I think they don't really fit with the skin as it currently is. If you really want those views, you need to stay with v0.90 of the skin. But try 'Banner' view as it is my replacement for some of the missing views (And guess what it's designed to run with. Hint look at the view name).

Dang, I wish I could have seen what the banner view looks like.

wyrm Wrote:Another small bug, it is in fact scanning (or it should be if your setup is not broken) just not showing it with a dialogue if you are running on the xbox. Really without a FULL debug log it's a bit hard to say what exactly is going on, But all of this seems to suggest that your setup is pretty well screwed up.

SO you mean the little window that pops up on the upper left corner does not show up anymore?

Yes I am using an xbox.

I don't know how to do the debug log thing yet. Blush I will look that up.

When going thru my shows I was trying to remove some of the "watched" ticks from a show that my brother-in-law was starting out watching and it said "unable to do this action while scanning" or something similar. It kept doing this for the two days I had this set-up. When I clicked "stop scanning" it froze the whole system requiring a reboot. Did this maybe five times to make sure it was an actual problem.

wyrm Wrote:You need to reinstall the skin and make sure you are running a compatible build of xbmc or xbmc4xbox. BIG note, Do NOT install the new skin while you are running an old version of the skin. Change to another skin and then ftp (or whatever you use to get the skin into the appropriate place to run it) the new version of the skin to your box. Do NOT copy the new version of the skin over the top of the old version (should be fine, but just in case it is causing problems, don't do it). Hope this helps. Write back and say how you get on.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

I actually did all of this. I switched to PMIII and backed up my whole dashboard, then upgraded to the newest build, rebooted, and then deleted my current xTV and then copied over the new one via FTP. I figured it would have to re-scan everything but was willing to do it to ensure a clean install. I don't however have very much media, so it should have been done scanning pretty quick, but nope.

I will certainly try again, maybe on my other xbox.

OH and I hope that this wasn't to "gibberish-ee" for you!! Big Grin

- wyrm - 2010-09-07 06:15

Fragarach Wrote:Hahaha nope, from Hawaii but lived most of my life in North Carolina and California. In California now for the last ohhh .........30 years? What was gibberish?
Gibberish was maybe a bit harsh, just your writing style matches my friends pretty close. In his case I think he wants to write EVERYTHING that he is thinking right NOW, he can be a bit full on.

Quote:It was the latest build for the xbox from sshcs.com. I upgraded that first.

Coverflow is what I use for my "Movies" folder. It was the only one NOT hidden. "Banner" view still wasn't there.
Really sounds like your download was messed up, maybe try the download link provided in this thread (it points to my google code page) and re-download the xbox version.

Quote:Dang, I wish I could have seen what the banner view looks like.
The Dang was also a give away, my friend uses that a LOT. Try to re-download the skin, as the bannerview is much better than the previous view that it replaces.

Quote:SO you mean the little window that pops up on the upper left corner does not show up anymore?
Yes, but only for this version (if you can manage to fix things yourself, details are provided in a previous post in this thread)

Quote:Yes I am using an xbox.

I don't know how to do the debug log thing yet. Blush I will look that up.

When going thru my shows I was trying to remove some of the "watched" ticks from a show that my brother-in-law was starting out watching and it said "unable to do this action while scanning" or something similar. It kept doing this for the two days I had this set-up. When I clicked "stop scanning" it froze the whole system requiring a reboot. Did this maybe five times to make sure it was an actual problem.

I actually did all of this. I switched to PMIII and backed up my whole dashboard, then upgraded to the newest build, rebooted, and then deleted my current xTV and then copied over the new one via FTP. I figured it would have to re-scan everything but was willing to do it to ensure a clean install. I don't however have very much media, so it should have been done scanning pretty quick, but nope.

I will certainly try again, maybe on my other xbox.

OH and I hope that this wasn't to "gibberish-ee" for you!! Big Grin
You should not have to re scan anything unless you also have a borked download of xbmc4xbox. As to the 'Debug Log', it's located at System/settings/system/Debugging and it's 'Enable debug logging' to enable. Reboot the xbox and run things until you have seen the various problems that you have mentioned, then download the xbmc.log file to a online file site (pastebin is a good one to use). Post the link to the file back here so that we can have a look and see what the problem is (see my sig file at the end of this post for an alternate explanation on Debug logs). Hope this helps.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-09-07 10:40

wyrm Wrote:lipo,
that's OK mate. Really, I think the OSD needs to be turned off while these dialogues are on screen (and to come back when the dialogues are closed), but that is a little more involved and can wait for the release of v1.0. Any more bugs that you have found?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

you've read my mindLaugh
i noticed a bit inconsistency, sorry im a bit perfectionist
[Image: th_48137_xtvedit001_122_360lo.jpg]
on now plying osd
artist
title
album

but the other one
title
album
artist