Kodi Community Forum
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)

- RockDawg - 2011-10-29

Vincent81 Wrote:Hello,
Download version 12.3. (deletes the file "format.ini" in the XBNE directory)
You can scrap all the movies in both whith "Multiple Researches", but uses TheMovieDB as scraper, using TheMovieDb you tell him to get the notes on IMDB (case "Download Ratings/Votes on IMDB" in the Edit window.)

Thanks a ton. I've checked it out and it scrapes rating, votes and Top 250 great and I can scrape it for multiple items easily.

But I can't seem to get XBNE to scrape the plot and other info now. I must just be stupid, but I've tried everything I can think of. I set the scraper to TheMovieDB and when I tell it to scrape the progress bar pops up for a brief second showing 100% and then it disappears and no new info appears. I tried again setting the scraper to IMDb, but as you know that just says "movie not found". Am I doing something wrong?

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-29

Hello,
have you tried TheMovieDb in simple edit mode ?
On many movies ?
What is the result given in the table of scraper results ?

- RockDawg - 2011-10-30

That's weird it works fine now doing it exactly the same way I tried before. Maybe it just couldn't connect to themoviedb.org when I tried earlier.

I have noticed something odd though. I re-scraped the cast for a couple movies and it seems as though XBNE is not correctly populating the iOrder field of the actorlinkmovie table. When I manually view the db, it shows all zeroes in the iOrder field for the movies I re-scraped through XBNE. Strangely, under the actors tab in a simple edit it shows an order column that has different numbers in it, but those numbers do not appear in the actual db.

All the movies I re-scraped the cast via XBNE have the cast list in reverse order (bigger stars are at the bottom of the list).

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-30

What version of XBMC?
What is the name of the database that is displayed in the option (myvideosXX.db)?

- RockDawg - 2011-10-30

I am running a pre-Eden build of XBMC (20111015-56d8d46-master). I use a mysql db, but while paying around I built a small local db to test and it is showing MyVideos56.

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-30

OK, so normally, the order of actors are accepted by this version. If you change the order in XBNE (arrow to the right of the actors table), is it also changed in XBMC?

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-31

Ok, I found the bug in the order of actors, download the last version : 12.5.0.0 is corrected.

- RockDawg - 2011-11-02

I finally got a chance to try it out and indeed it works correctly now. Thanks! Unfortunately for me, it turns out TheMovieDB's cast listings are too limited for my liking. I much prefer the full cast listings that IMDB offers. So I'll have to hold out hope that the IMDB scraper gets fixed. Is there any chance of that happening in the near future?

One last thing, does XBNE have the option to scrape from local nfo files? I know it can create them, but I was thinking that it would be handy if it could scrape from existing ones like XBMC does.

- Vincent81 - 2011-11-02

Hello,
I work on the IMDB scraper (And Rotten Tomatoes so), it should be ready soon. If a nfo found when XBNE adding a movie, he uses it of course.

- RockDawg - 2011-11-02

Vincent81 Wrote:Hello,
If a nfo found when XBNE adding a movie, he uses it of course.

What about for a movie that is already in the db? Can I re-scrape it from the nfo? For example, to test out your new build, I re-scraped a couple movies with TheMovieDb scraper so it could re-scrape the cast. As I mentioned, TMDB's cast listing is much shorter than IMDB's. My nfos contain the full cast listing from IMDB. Can I re-scrape the movies from my nfo's to get the full cast back? If so, how can I do that as I've been trying and I cant seem to get XBNE to do that.

I disabled all the internet scrapers and enabled "NFO scraper" under Other Scrapers, but it says music videos next to it and it didn't work. The movies would show up when I clicked on 'Find Title on Scraper', but when I tried to scrap the info, it just returned Movie not Found.

- Vincent81 - 2011-11-02

ok, I'll look to add a button "reload the nfo"...

- RockDawg - 2011-11-02

Thanks! Your really do a lot to accommodate user requests. It's appreciated. Oh one thing... if it's not much work could you allow the user to select which tags (title, cast, plot, etc) get reloaded with the reload from nfo button? If it's a lot of work then it's not that big of a deal. I could just see that being handy also.

- Vincent81 - 2011-11-02

OK, I would ...

- adsi - 2011-11-03

Another good editor for XBMC movie database..!!! Thanks

Could you also help me some problem as below ?
Question1, some themes like Aeon MQ3, some mode can see different pictures at the same time, how XBNE make it? Most editor only can select one picture in one movie.

Question2, The genre's sort and language is defined on XBMC's structure or just on media nfo file? If i want to add new genre, how could i do?

Question3, How to change the XBMC gener's sequence? i want to genre->year, not genre or year, because i want movie and animation are really different things!

Thanks!

- Vincent81 - 2011-11-03

Hello,
1: You talk about extrafanart? there is a tab for it, you can put an image from: the fanarts, the movie (extract), or any image local or web, the directory name of extrafanarts is configurable in options.
2: Yes : Button Edit, Genre.
3: ? I do not understand.