Kodi Community Forum
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-03

martijn189 Wrote:is it correct that this wonderful programm does not support the trailer tag in nfo files? I have trailers set up in the nfo files but the program does not show them.
Normally, the trailers are managed, can you send me your nfo file that I look.

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-03

athlonia Wrote:i am sorry... i am trying my best to download this lovely program yet i could not. i've tried close to 7 times and all downloads will stop mid way, ie not finished. is there other mirror site that i can download from? thanks for writing this program...

I just tested the download, it works well ...

- martijn189 - 2010-01-03

mmm no need to check my nfo file, i now use another program to build the nfo's with trailer links in them... Your software works indeed verry well.. thank you!

- JustinAiken - 2010-01-03

Could this program scrape for all movies that have an imdb # in the nfo:

-Current IMDB rating
-Current IMDB # of votes
-Current IMDB Top 250 position?

I'd like to update those 3 fields for my large library...

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-04

Yes,
-In Option, Check "ImDb" on "Rating for Ciné-Passion"
-Use "Multiple Research"
-Add and select your movies, from files or XBMC DataBase
-Check "Year/Stars/Top/Rating"
-Check "Ciné-Passion" and click on "Find all selected titles Automatically"
(Most of the film on IMDB are on Cine-Passion)
You can also check "Get infos in Nfo" and "Find only missing infos"

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-04

New version : 5.82
HTTP XBMC Remote control from the list of films, a big remote :-)

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-05

New Version 5.84.
Add - Thumbs of Sets

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-12

New version : 5.90

- Renamings configurable (file and path)

- dn604 - 2010-01-13

Was just told about your application as I was wanting to edit my database directly to update some Movie Information.

Only being using it a while, but seems to work great.

I did have one suggestion and that would be more options for what categories to show. Right now you have: Name, Genre, Year etc etc.

Any plans to add ones like Duration, Stars, Ratings, even Plot (just a simply Yes or No if one exists)

Also, I am running it in english, but at the end of the category bar, after "Without Actor" is an icon you can click, the drop down is all in French still. Same with the right click options, at least when editing a movie.

Not sure if you know about these already..

Thanks!

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-13

OK, I'll add it in the next version.

- dn604 - 2010-01-14

Just curious where the .nfo's are saved when you select the option to "Backup all Videos of the Database in an Nfo file by Video".

You don't get asked where to save, although you do get a progress bar that its doing something. I've looked everywhere and can't find the .nfo files. Smile

I haven't told XBNE where my physical drives are, as I'm just loading the database directly, so it won't be on the drive itself. I do see an "nfo" directory in the installation folder of XBNE, but thats empty too.

Need to rebuild my database and would love to export everything to .nfo's.

Thanks!!

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-14

.Nfo are stored in same directory as the movie.
The directory is taken in XBMC DataBase, XBNE must therefore be launched on the same PC as XBMC. (See column Path in list of movies)
Unless you check option "No connection with XBMC" (Option 5, Oops), .Nfo are then stored in directory "NFO" of XBNE.

- dn604 - 2010-01-15

Vincent81 Wrote:.Nfo are stored in same directory as the movie.
The directory is taken in XBMC DataBase, XBNE must therefore be launched on the same PC as XBMC. (See column Path in list of movies)
Unless you check option "No connection with XBMC" (Option 5, Oops), .Nfo are then stored in directory "NFO" of XBNE.

OK well thats good to know, because I was accessing the database over the network, all my movies are on USB drives, so not always turned on.

The app didn't tell me it "couldn't" save the .nfo's, didn't say anything, just the progress bar that it was doing something.

You should be able to select WHERE to save the .nfo's, as in my case again, I was connecting to the database over the network, and I wanted to dump the info as .nfo's.

Just further comments, loving the app.

Still lots of "french" in the English install though Smile

- dn604 - 2010-01-15

So, I selected Option 5 for the Database Localization, but then it won't save any nfo's, it just errors (in french), so I can only assume it isn't happy I haven't specified the database anymore Smile

Seems the only way to save .nfo's is to install XBNE on the machine with the movie drives, so it can save in the movie directory.

Thanks.

- Vincent81 - 2010-01-15

A new version for this weekend, with the column duration, stars ..
and if the video file does not exist, the .nfo will be saved in the directory NFO of XBNE.
@+...