[RELEASE] Movieplayer.it scraper for Movies new version (Italian) - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Metadata scrapers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Movieplayer.it scraper for Movies new version (Italian) (/showthread.php?tid=60585)
- nanny07 - 2009-11-14 21:48
I was wrong... it's exactly the same problem of Cimi with the Rapier skin
It's show "Curiosità" instead of the plot.
For example, in the film "1408 (2007)", with the rapier skin (list info as method of visualization) it's show me that "Presentato nella sezione "Piazza Grande" al Festival Internazionale del Film Locarno (2007). "
The wired thing is that if i check the info of the film with the right-click, I see the correct plot.
- chareos - 2009-11-15 01:10
KoTiX Wrote:I have improved the search some more and i'm also using xbmc camelot alpha 2 now, this is what i get now
Pinocchio (1940) is missing, yet present in movieplayer.it
Even manually searching for "Pinocchio (1940)" with the scraper... no joy.
- KoTiX - 2009-11-15 11:50
nanny07 Wrote:I was wrong... it's exactly the same problem of Cimi with the Rapier skin
Ok I've checked the Imdb and the TMDB scraper, looks like the "outline" and the "plot" are considered as the same thing.
I'll correct my scraper to do the same.
chareos Wrote:Pinocchio (1940) is missing, yet present in movieplayer.itIt seems that the movieplayer site is down this morning, i cannot try that this morning.
- Hire - 2009-11-15 17:04
Create a ticket to push this scraper into the trunk, it is simple perfect
- KoTiX - 2009-11-15 17:11
Hire Wrote:Create a ticket to push this scraper into the trunk, it is simple perfect
Tnx but not yet I'd like to iron out some more bugs if there are...
15/11/2009 - fixed "outline" problem with the Rapier skin, it actually contain the plot and not the curiosity anymore.
Check first post for the update.
- chareos - 2009-11-15 18:16
found as "i Goonies"
Now I'm nostalgic... damn Goonies...
- nanny07 - 2009-11-15 19:25
now it's work like a charme
very very goodjob!
- Cimi - 2009-11-15 21:34
Film non trovati (ma che sono presenti sul sito):
* All'inseguimento della pietra verde
* L'ombra del sospetto
* Mato grosso
* Ad "It (1990)" aggiunge "Miniserie TV in 2 parti" (?!?!?!)
* A "Blow" bisogna aggiungere 2001 con ricerca manuale altrimenti non lo trova
- chareos - 2009-11-15 22:06
Well, actually... IT was a movie, shot for the TV in America, in two parts.
I even recall that in Italy it was a 2 VHS rent
- KoTiX - 2009-11-15 22:07
Ok let's talk about how the search work, there are some facts i'd like to discuss with you guys:
1. The direct search on the movieplayer site is not possible because it uses a kind of cripted code, this is hte link that look for "Ronin":
even looking at the html i don't understand how it work really.
2. So I'm using a Google custom search the web for every page starting with:
because every movie on mp.it have a main page like (eg for Ronin) http://www.movieplayer.it/film/664/ronin/
3. The problems start with the secondary links of each movie:
if i retreive these links too i will have as search result in xbmc 10 entities with the same name that point to the same link, so I decided to exclude most of them from the search, leaving just the "in-sala" one that is the most occurrent
4. the last fact is that Google doesn't find all the movies just with the main link, but it does with the secondary links.
So my conclusions are:
1. xbmc developers make a changes in the xbmc code to automatically exclude the doubled results, so I can use the secondary links as source too (best solution IMO)
2. enable some more secondary links and accepting that it will cause some multiple same results
3. My last solution, don't use movieplayer.it and switch over to mymovies.it if it gives back more accurated results, I could ask Muttley to help him developing his scraper, but before this I'd like to know if mymovies is really more reliable than mp.it
Let me know what you think or send me a PM if you wish to talk in italian.
- Cimi - 2009-11-15 22:12
chareos Wrote:Well, actually... IT was a movie, shot for the TV in America, in two parts.
Ok, that's my fault
- chareos - 2009-11-15 22:43
KoTiX Wrote:Ok let's talk about how the search work, there are some facts i'd like to discuss with you guys:
I tried the other italian scrapers... and decided to stay to english IMDB...
until I found your scraper here.
I could eventually try them again if you wish to make that kind of experiment.
I'd humbly suggest, in this order:
a) Enable your proposed suggestion n.2
b) Ticket for scraper to be merged in XBMC, gaining enough "audience" to ask for solution n.1 to become reality.
When b) happens, we should have the best, most comprhensive possible situation.
- KoTiX - 2009-11-15 23:01
Yes of course, I'll try to ask more for n.1 solution here in the forum, in the while I take off some of the restrictions from my search to see what happens.
BTW I'd like also that some of you try out the mymovies scraper to see if it found more movies than mp.it
Thank you guys for your help
P.S. It should now find Ronin in the "extra" page
- Cimi - 2009-11-15 23:14
or we could find out which hash algorithm uses movieplayer and add it to the url...
- chareos - 2009-11-15 23:14
Thank you for your work, man !