Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- Simeonoff - 2010-01-10

You're welcome. Thank you, too.

- Unbehagen - 2010-01-10

Hey, nice project! Is there any way to export the whole website to make it available on the intranet without running XBMC? Perhaps with the database being exported to XML first? That would be a nice feature.
Another thing: Is it possible to view movies without categorizing them by genre? A free text search might also be a good addition. Trailers would also be nice.

Suggestions - vee10 - 2010-01-11

Unbehagen Wrote:Hey, nice project! Is there any way to export the whole website to make it available on the intranet without running XBMC? Perhaps with the database being exported to XML first? That would be a nice feature.
Another thing: Is it possible to view movies without categorizing them by genre? A free text search might also be a good addition. Trailers would also be nice.

Thats strange .. they are exactly the two things I was going to suggest !

Firstly create script .. really like the the way it's 'live' so to speak vs other apps that scrape imdb then export nfo's and stuff

Rather than categorised by genre though would it not be more user friendly to have filenames or titles down the left side ? or as separate option ?

Also as Unbehagen said if you could include the trailer field (c19) this would be a great addition as most of the time the scrapers fail to get trailer urls in my experience.

Keep up the good work.

- Unbehagen - 2010-01-11

Another idea: I don't know if the XBMC webserver or the internal API allows to proxy a file. For example, if the file in the DB is smb://movieserver/movies/coraline.avi. Could the webserver or the http api relay this file through http to the browser? If so, a preview of the movie and trailer in the browser would be possible through the DivX plugin or similar. Would be a killer feature!

XML catalogue - slash - 2010-01-11

Thanks for all the suggestions,

The "catalogue" concept was already suggested earlier in this thread. I think it would be fairly easy to implement. It would require :
- scripts to export xbmc databse to XML or a simple copy of Sqlite databse (extjs framework has an API to query Sqlite
- changing the asp pages (they are only 3 lines of code)
- removing all the save options

Unfortunatly, I don't have the time to work on it. I'm finalizing the XBMC web scraper controller (in version 2.0). But everyone is welcomed to participate and I can add people to project site (see my signature).

trailer field - slash - 2010-01-11

vee10 Wrote:Also as Unbehagen said if you could include the trailer field (c19) this would be a great addition as most of the time the scrapers fail to get trailer urls in my experience.

Keep up the good work.

I'm curious about the c19 field, in the wiki it says C19 : [unknown].

If the C19 field is a URL, could you provide me with an example (NFO file)?

I could try to add this to the next release.
Thanks

- vee10 - 2010-01-11

slash Wrote:I'm curious about the c19 field, in the wiki it says C19 : [unknown].

If the C19 field is a URL, could you provide me with an example (NFO file)?

I could try to add this to the next release.
Thanks

I dont use NFO files but after a bit of testing with SQLlite a url to a trailer from youtube or dtrailers.com in the c19 field definately allows trailers be played from movie info page.

Screenshot from SQLlite:

- slash - 2010-01-12

Thanks I'll look into it.

- dregatar - 2010-01-12

how can i edit the actors and cast?

- slash - 2010-01-12

dregatar Wrote:how can i edit the actors and cast?

You can't in this version. Unfortunately you will have to wait for next releases (I'm working on it)

- dn604 - 2010-01-13

Just took a spin of this app as I'm looking for something that will directly modify the database.

This works quite well, is speedy (don't have a large DB yet). I do have a few questions and suggestions.

1) Can you change the default view, where on the left it sorts everything into the genre's? Can you have it just list all the movies in alphabetical order, I'm sure I must just be missing how to do this!

2) I see the stars (ratings) above the poster, but how can you update/modify/add ones that are missing?

3) I see some duplicate Genres in the Genre selections on the right, which I assume are pulled from my database, anyway to be able to DELETE these?

4) I also see a Genre listed as "Crime | Horror | Thriller", which is how I added one accidentally, but I since fixed it in the movie itself, but again I guess my Database has stored this as a valid Genre entry. Guessing I might have to manually edit the database myself to remove things like this.

5) Is there a way to add/change the Audio type (DTS/DD5.1/DD7.1 etc) and the Video Type (720/1080p etc)

Anyways, still playing, just some comments!

Thanks for the efforts on this front end.

- slash - 2010-01-13

dn604 Wrote:1) Can you change the default view, where on the left it sorts everything into the genre's? Can you have it just list all the movies in alphabetical order, I'm sure I must just be missing how to do this!

You are correct, the current view is fixed, this will change in future releases

Quote:2) I see the stars (ratings) above the poster, but how can you update/modify/add ones that are missing?

I Forgot to add the editable field for stars. Thanks

Quote:3) I see some duplicate Genres in the Genre selections on the right, which I assume are pulled from my database, anyway to be able to DELETE these?

I'm currently adding genres and actors management (add, delete, change). It will be released soon.

Quote:4) I also see a Genre listed as "Crime | Horror | Thriller", which is how I added one accidentally, but I since fixed it in the movie itself, but again I guess my Database has stored this as a valid Genre entry. Guessing I might have to manually edit the database myself to remove things like this.

Not sure I understand.
Genres are managed as " type / type / type" (note the forward slashes). You could just deselect the current "type | type | type" and select the correct genres. But you will have to wait to remove the unused type.

Quote:5) Is there a way to add/change the Audio type (DTS/DD5.1/DD7.1 etc) and the Video Type (720/1080p etc)

XBMC calculate those fileds and you are not supposed to modify them. Except for ISO and RAR file and I have that on the feature list.

Quote:Anyways, still playing, just some comments!

Thanks for the efforts on this front end.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions keep them comingWink

- dn604 - 2010-01-13

slash Wrote:Not sure I understand.
Genres are managed as " type / type / type" (note the forward slashes). You could just deselect the current "type | type | type" and select the correct genres. But you will have to wait to remove the unused type.

Yeah, I accidentally (through another app) added that as a single genre with the |, as you said, I can fix this when you allow the deletion of genres.

slash Wrote:XBMC calculate those fileds and you are not supposed to modify them. Except for ISO and RAR file and I have that on the feature list.

Sometimes it doesn't get the information though, I've seen other apps allow these changes, so I believe its possible.

- slash - 2010-01-14

dn604 Wrote:Sometimes it doesn't get the information though, I've seen other apps allow these changes, so I believe its possible.

Happend to me too, I believe that if you go into XBMC and browse those movies (for the standard interface).

- slash - 2010-01-14

Hi all,

Following all the requests and the growing interest in this tool,
I have been thinking about sharing the work in progress with everyone.

So I decided to add a link to the latest build (svn) it not tested and some features might not work.

So for today I added the svn165 in the first post with an additional screenshot and know issues (or from svn165)

This svn shows my work in progress to integrate XBMC :
- scrapers in the tool
- path auto-fixing (when you move your media files around)
- identify not-scraped files (original idea from BaerMan script)

Thanks again to all of you for your ongoing support it has greatly motivated me to pursue the development of XWMM