Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- Tight_wad - 2011-04-19

Any idea when an update will be made that would include fixing the bug for movie sets. If you add a movie to a set the "Save" button stays dimmed until you have made a modification to a text field?

This tool is really a good way to update things without have to do a refresh. Thanks for the work you have done.

- kiboy6 - 2011-04-22

Hi Slash,

Been away from all things XBMC for a while, but back now and great to see XWMM still going from strength to strength.

I'm still surprised this isn't even more popular than it is - by far the simplest, least fussy way to make simple changes to your database IMO.

Anyway, there's one feature I mentioned way back which I don't think is there yet but which would be super useful.

Namely; ability to add local +/ web based images to movies in database as thumbs or fanart.

I think you said you planned to incorporate this many months ago...do you think it might still be possible?

Thanks so much Smile

Genre "None" entry - daniello - 2011-04-23

Wonderful tool .. but I keep getting an entry I don't understand ... Genre (None) .. see snap.
Also .. now and then covers show a broken symbol even though they show up fine in xbmc.

- kri kri - 2011-04-23

Really hope this gets updated soon, would like to use movie sets again.

stop signs - daniello - 2011-04-24

Another question .. what do the little red stop signs mean in the file browser?

- igitur - 2011-05-03

If you mean the red "no entry" sign (hehehe), it means the directory/file that you're browsing is NOT included in the media library somewhere. This could mean that the directory/file hasn't been scanned yet. Was scanned but nothing was successfully scraped or that you must drill down further into the subdirectories to find matching items.

- daniello - 2011-05-03

igitur Wrote:If you mean the red "no entry" sign (hehehe), it means the directory/file that you're browsing is NOT included in the media library somewhere. This could mean that the directory/file hasn't been scanned yet. Was scanned but nothing was successfully scraped or that you must drill down further into the subdirectories to find matching items.

Thanks.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-04

If I was to iFrame this, would it insist on jumping out of all the time? Is there a way to change it easily?
Want to implement it into MediaFrontPage and have it centered on the page with a dark background as opposed to Aligned left with loads of white space behind it.
Fussy? Yes, but would look a lot better. Wink
Or maybe a stretch to fit res solution? Or is that asking a bit much...!? Smile

--EDIT--
Also noticed whilst snooping that xthemes CSS. Can the colors be changed to Black or a Darker Grey?

- igitur - 2011-05-04

Have you tried putting it in an iframe and see if it jumps out?

The themes are ExtJS v3 themes, so Google that if you want to modify the theme or download new ones.

- redvex81rg - 2011-05-06

When i try to change moview genres from checkboxes i obtain a "none" Genre.

Server: AppleTV
Client: Safari 5.0.5 (it works in Firefox)
Action to reproduce:
1) Select a film by genre
2) Change genre (adding or removing checkbox)
3) Save
4) Refresh

Hope this can help

some news - slash - 2011-05-06

Hi everyone,

It has been a while (again) since I posted an update for XWMM. The thing is I've been working on many things.

- Porting XWMM to Eden and replacing all the old HTTP requests by JSON-RPC calls

- Helping the JSON-RPC dev team with new methods

- Fixing some bugs and a lot of code cleanup in XWMM

Hopefully, this will result in a new XWMM : faster and more featured.

I will still be working on bugs posted here, so keep the reports and the requests coming Wink

Thanks

/

- slash - 2011-05-06

kiboy6 Wrote:Anyway, there's one feature I mentioned way back which I don't think is there yet but which would be super useful.

Namely; ability to add local +/ web based images to movies in database as thumbs or fanart.

I think you said you planned to incorporate this many months ago...do you think it might still be possible?

I did work on that feature, unfortunately the old HTTP API does allow uploading local images (from the browser machine). That is one of the reasons I'm working on enhancing the new JSON-RPC API.

I'll keep you posted.

/

- slash - 2011-05-06

igitur Wrote:Slash,

I recently got my first HTPC running and I love the XWMM interface. However, I would like to suggest a few enhancements. I initially thought I'd fork the project for my own use, but I'd rather try to contribute back to the project.

I'm quite experienced with ExtJS myself, so I can jump right in. Can I post a list of enhancments on the Sourceforge bug list?

thanks,
Francois

Absolutely, I will be moving the project to github in the next weeks and it will be easier for you to contribute.

In the mean time, feel free to post at the sourceforge site.

Thanks in advance for your help

/

- slash - 2011-05-06

igitur Wrote:The media collection itself is stored on the HTPC, so even if the web front-end is on another server, it won't be able to access the database when the HTPC is off.

Am I right, Slash?

yep, XWMM queries the XBMC database, so you need the XBMC app. to be running.

I cool feature would be to use only the nfo files (implies a lot of coding).

- kiboy6 - 2011-05-07

slash Wrote:I did work on that feature, unfortunately the old HTTP API does allow uploading local images (from the browser machine). That is one of the reasons I'm working on enhancing the new JSON-RPC API.

I'll keep you posted.

/

Cool, I will eagerly look forward to the JSON-RPC API version then Smile

In the meantime, can the HTTP API not be configured to accept manually entered URLS of online images? In any case perhaps you're not making any more changes to the old version.

Thanks Smile