Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- bodhi - 2011-06-18

I'm running the latest 1.9.4 installed from Zip. Anybody has problem with managing movie sets? no matter what I do (click on another field to make save button selectable). When I reloaded the page, the modified sort title was correct for each movie in the set, but no movie set name.

Update: never mind! I've figured it out. We must create a movie set first using "Manage Movie Set", before adding each movie to the set. Typing in the movie set name for each movie on the right most column did not automatically create the movie set (I thought it would).

- ohmer - 2011-06-20

Hello,

I had problem when I tried to edit a movie title that contain accentued characters. I fixed the bug by editing the file ~/.xbmc/addons/webinterface.XWMM/movie/index.html. I added this line between <head> and </head>

Code:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

- Necromancyr - 2011-06-24

Suggestion for the first post - add that the contents of the webinterface.XWMM folder should be copied to the XWMM subfolder you make - NOT the entire folder. It's a bit unclear now.

(Anyone with technical knowledge will eventually fix it, but I wasn't sure if it was some XBMC oddity that required the main folder be pasted there for naming reasons)

- NorDemoniac - 2011-06-24

Excellent work!

I'm in a process of moving all my services to a newly created WHS2011 server.

I'm experiencing some problems though.

I moved XWMM to port 4400 (WHS2011 is using some other ports).

I have added TCP 4400 local port, from any remote ports, and I can sometimes reach XWMM, but I usually get "Lost connection to server". If I disable the FW on the server however, it works!

What's wrong here? Are there some other ports I need to open? And does XBMC have to be running on the server for it to work?

Edit:

Nevermind, I'm using Media Companion instead.

- bigbully - 2011-06-27

What's the "abstract" field for in the XWMM browser? I can't find any info about this.

- slash - 2011-06-28

ohmer Wrote:Hello,

I had problem when I tried to edit a movie title that contain accentued characters. I fixed the bug by editing the file ~/.xbmc/addons/webinterface.XWMM/movie/index.html. I added this line between <head> and </head>

Code:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Thanks I will add this change in the next version.

slash

- slash - 2011-06-28

The_Dogg Wrote:Is it possible that XWMM is not working with the nightly build anymore?

the page just keep loading and loading......

It is quite possible.I'll have a look at it in the next few weeks

slash

- slash - 2011-06-28

bigbully Wrote:What's the "abstract" field for in the XWMM browser? I can't find any info about this.

- The abstract field is the Plot Outline in XBMC
- The description is the Plot in XBMC

I should change the fields description to match the one in XBMC

Thanks for noticing.

Slash

- bigbully - 2011-06-29

slash Wrote:- The abstract field is the Plot Outline in XBMC
- The description is the Plot in XBMC

I should change the fields description to match the one in XBMC

Thanks for noticing.

Slash

Cool. Thanks for the response. I'm looking for a way to filter based on user info and I was thinking I could use that field, but I wanted to know what it was first.

Any Plan to support Music Videos? - JeromyNix - 2011-07-01

First of all thanks for this! it rocks to no end, when it comes to tweaking my Video and Music Info in my XBMC Database.

But its lack of music video support seems to me its only shortcoming.

Since 90% of the music videos that I scan into XBMC end up being wrong, it really almost the only thing i REALLY need to be able to edit in the database.

- apawsey - 2011-07-15

Hi,

I sorry if this is something stupid I'm doing, but I'm struggling and I can't find an answer anywhere. I'm new to XBMC, but I've installed XWMM. If I make it the default web interface, I can access it no problem, but if I use the default interface, I try accessing it under ip:port/XWMM and I get a 404?

Again I apologise if I'm doing something stupid, I have searched forums and google, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks,
Adam.

- The_Dogg - 2011-07-15

apawsey Wrote:Hi,

I sorry if this is something stupid I'm doing, but I'm struggling and I can't find an answer anywhere. I'm new to XBMC, but I've installed XWMM. If I make it the default web interface, I can access it no problem, but if I use the default interface, I try accessing it under ip:port/XWMM and I get a 404?

Again I apologise if I'm doing something stupid, I have searched forums and google, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks,
Adam.

AFAIK, you can only use 1 web interface at the time, I know there were talks that in the next release of xbmc (eden) you will have to possibility to use multiple web interfaces.

but for now, it's 1 at the time.

- apawsey - 2011-07-15

I apologise, you're right and I didn't read the instructions well enough!!!

You can use it with the default interface if you copy the files as per the first post, but I cleverly missed that step!!

Thanks for your help Dogg, and my apologies for being "that" guy posting questions and not reading properly!! Eek

- The_Dogg - 2011-07-15

apawsey Wrote:Thanks for your help Dogg, and my apologies for being "that" guy posting questions and not reading properly!! Eek

No Problem, I can't blame you for not reading through the 78 pages of this thread, I probably would have done the same thing Wink

- Kaitlyn2004 - 2011-07-24

I've just installed the latest version for the first time.

I have some movies in a set and I am trying to set a sort title. I type in in, tab to next field and click "save" - it does the progress bar then goes away. If I select another movie and then that one again.. the sort title is reset?

Also on the left for movies it has 3 columns.. movie name | empty | some movies have a checkmark

The column headings are empty.. as if the string doesn't exist. What's the checkmark represent?