Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod (/showthread.php?tid=61126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

- igotdvds - 2009-12-09

qualar Wrote:This is happening because the skin you copied it into has a setting to play videos in the background.

How do I make an exception for when its a trailer?

- Smenus - 2009-12-09

hellsing Wrote:I dont mind if if gets bigger, could you point me in the right direction to modify the number of items?

The sub-menu is too many clicks away for my liking Smile
Hey hellsing,
Not at my computer at the mo, but I can tell you that you'd need to change the recentadded.py script to return more items from the SQL query, and change include-recentadded.xml (or something like that) to display them all. You'd also need to change the image used for the BG, so that it's larger (probably need to dupe it actually, so that the other pages don't use the larger one too).
Cheers, Sean.

- hellsing - 2009-12-09

Smenus Wrote:Hey hellsing,
Not at my computer at the mo, but I can tell you that you'd need to change the recentadded.py script to return more items from the SQL query, and change include-recentadded.xml (or something like that) to display them all. You'd also need to change the image used for the BG, so that it's larger (probably need to dupe it actually, so that the other pages don't use the larger one too).
Cheers, Sean.

Thanks, I'll try to figure it out Smile. I guess the image is located in textures.xpr but i don't know how to work with these files, i read about XBMCTex i the FAQ but that seems to be deprecated. Which tool is used now and where can i find it?

- steph99 - 2009-12-09

use XPR Express to extrect and re-compile xpr-files: http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5

- hellsing - 2009-12-09

steph99 Wrote:use XPR Express to extrect and re-compile xpr-files: http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5

Thanks, too bad it doesn't work for me on Win 7, i get an error when trying to extract the images Sad

- steph99 - 2009-12-09

no xp compatible mode possible or something like that?
sorry, don't know any other solution. works well on vista

- hellsing - 2009-12-09

steph99 Wrote:no xp compatible mode possible or something like that?
sorry, don't know any other solution. works well on vista

Neither that or Vista compability mode works. I just tried on a friends pc with XP and it works there Smile

Crashed on another friends Vista-machine Tongue

- steph99 - 2009-12-09

shame, seems to be the standard for the taks. most tools just extract. good luck anyways!

- qualar - 2009-12-09

Smenus Wrote:Hey hellsing,
Cheers, Sean.

You may be OK using the current image but just setting the size larger.

- hellsing - 2009-12-09

qualar Wrote:You may be OK using the current image but just setting the size larger.

I just noticed that Tongue But i'm interested in skinning so it's good to learn how things work.

I'm looking through the recentlyadded.py but i don't understand where the value to change number of items is. It feels logical to me if there would be a value of 5 somewhere but that doesn't seem to be the case. Would be great if you could help me Smile

- qualar - 2009-12-09

hellsing Wrote:I just noticed that Tongue But i'm interested in skinning so it's good to learn how things work.

I'm looking through the recentlyadded.py but i don't understand where the value to change number of items is. It feels logical to me if there would be a value of 5 somewhere but that doesn't seem to be the case. Would be great if you could help me Smile

Skinning and Python scripting is 2 different skills. The problem you have set yourself requires both.

There are lots of tutorials on python (just search google)

For skinning the XBMC documentation is very good.

- Smenus - 2009-12-10

hellsing Wrote:I just noticed that Tongue But i'm interested in skinning so it's good to learn how things work.

Actually, there is a constant in there, just not where you'd expect to see it.

When it parses the arguments (_parse_argv), it sets self.LIMIT to whatever you've passed in, with a default value of 5. Later on, if you look for the SQL (a database query language) statement for the music search (line 145 in my version), it passes in the self.LIMIT value to the query. So, if you either hard-code a larger value in...
Code:
sql_music = "select * from albumview order by idAlbum desc limit %d" % ( 15, )
or add another self variable, say self.MUSICLIMIT, and use that instead, you should be sorted. From my quick look, I can't see anywhere else where you'd need to change things in there.

Any more questions, let us know.
Sean.

Edit: You could always PM me if you have any other questions regarding this, as it's not exactly linked to this awesome mod anymore...

- steph99 - 2009-12-10

steph99 Wrote:well, as I said: I'm a complete idiot when it comes to programming... Wink
But I'll try.

I understand, although: if one can intercept the "i", then wouldn't it be possible to show a custom window instead of the default DialogVideoInfo.xml? If so, then other views would not be affected.Am I correct...or just not as smart as I wanna be? Huh

I talked to AndyBlac (showmix 2.1 + 2.5 beta) about "intercepting" the info command: no need!

If you make your dialogvideoinfo.xml a dialog type of window than it shows on top of the main movie view (mutliplex or whatever). BUT: some code has to be deleted in your includes_animations.xml. A visible condition around line 35 I think: Window.IsActive(MovieInformation) / Window.IsActive(MusicInformation) / Window.IsActive(135). Maybe a second time, not sure right now.

Just fyi, in case u want to do something with it later. if/whenever you're interested and need more info, I gladly provide the changed xml, of course.

Thanks again for your help and for your great work!
Stephan

- hellsing - 2009-12-11

Smenus Wrote:Actually, there is a constant in there, just not where you'd expect to see it.

When it parses the arguments (_parse_argv), it sets self.LIMIT to whatever you've passed in, with a default value of 5. Later on, if you look for the SQL (a database query language) statement for the music search (line 145 in my version), it passes in the self.LIMIT value to the query. So, if you either hard-code a larger value in...
Code:
sql_music = "select * from albumview order by idAlbum desc limit %d" % ( 15, )
or add another self variable, say self.MUSICLIMIT, and use that instead, you should be sorted. From my quick look, I can't see anywhere else where you'd need to change things in there.

Any more questions, let us know.
Sean.

Edit: You could always PM me if you have any other questions regarding this, as it's not exactly linked to this awesome mod anymore...

Thanks! I sent you a PM Smile

xbox memory advice - ChalkTrauma - 2009-12-11

I'm currently using Qualar mod 2.8.1 on my XBOX (XBMC Built on Sep 23 2009 SVN:2304 ).

Thanks for the mod it looks amazing...

I have my cache settings to minimum and have turned off all services, but I still get:

SEVERE: DLL: Q:\system\players\mplayer\mplayer.dll : malloc failed, crash imminent (Out of memory requesting 2678144 bytes)

If I try to play an xvid avi:

Resolution 640 x 352
Aspect ratio 1.8182
Format XVID
Bitrate 986 kbps
Frames per second 25.000

I don't have this problem with Rapier 2.0...

Anybody else using an xbox seeing this? Any advice on fine tuning the mod to avoid this problem? Any pointers would be great Big Grin

For now I have switched back to the standard Rapier 2.0 release.