Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2009-12-09

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes it looks normal maybe you have a setting on your system that's causing the problem

May be you should download the zip version of mpc-hc and see if you get the same result at least your know then the problem lies elsewhere if its the same, your need to set it to SPDIF

Yeap he is right if you get mpc-hc, get a file playing with dts connect to the graph of mpc-hc and right click on mpc - mpa decoder filter and you print screen the setting you got for the working mpa decoder

- robbaroon - 2009-12-09

tiben20 Wrote:Yeap he is right if you get mpc-hc, get a file playing with dts connect to the graph of mpc-hc and right click on mpc - mpa decoder filter and you print screen the setting you got for the working mpa decoder

I'm getting even more confused, if that's possible. Installed MPC-HC again and now this is what my graph looks like.

On thing I did notice since I installed the AC3 filter is that when I open the AC3 icon in the system tray it's only showing two channels input and 5 output in the moving bar graphs. So perhaps the problem is on the input end. What do I need to do to correct that?

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-09

dannyv45 Wrote:I think I have this worked out but would just like a confirmation

I want to make dsplayer the default player for mkv files with 720 and 1080 in the file name and have all other files play through dvdplayer. I want to do this so I don't have to go into the context menu and select the player each time.

As I won't be using any other players other then what was provided in the install package would it be correct in saying that in my playercorefactory.xml I don't need a players section and just need a rules section as follows.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And as my default install directory is

users/dannyv/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata this is where I would place the file.

I am very new to XBMC and XML so please forgive me if this question sounds kind of noobish.

Any takers

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-09

robbaroon Wrote:Image

I'm getting even more confused, if that's possible. Installed MPC-HC again and now this is what my graph looks like.

On thing I did notice since I installed the AC3 filter is that when I open the AC3 icon in the system tray it's only showing two channels input and 5 output in the moving bar graphs. So perhaps the problem is on the input end. What do I need to do to correct that?

If you haven't configured AC3Filter that would account for the two channels input and 5 output

The reason I said try MPC-HC is because it will use the same codecs as DSPlayer then you can test if you can get 5.1 DTS using MPC-HC if you cant it would rule out DSplayer as the problem, you would need to go into MPC-HC > External Filters and add AC3 filter and block it first and restart, you also need to set the DTS filter to SPDIF

What I'm wondering is where did Source (Async) come from wondering if that might be the problem ?

- Tainted - 2009-12-09

oh man this is a weird one. Hope someone can shed some light on it.

Fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Intalled the latest build from here, played first 1080p and it was working just fine. DSPLAYER showed BitStream, fps was 24fps and CPU was around 20% used. Running on a dual core 1.3ghz with intel 4500HD.

Now nothing shows when I try play a video? DVDplayer works fine but when I try DSPLAYER I get sound but screen gets stuck at video list menu and nothing works anymore?

how do I enable logs for this?

EDIT : OK reinstalled XBMC and it's fine now??

- Mallet21 - 2009-12-09

I have the same issue with Win7.....If I restart XBMC I can use the player again but when I stop a movie and try to start another movie nothing happens.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-09

Mallet21 Wrote:I have the same issue with Win7.....If I restart XBMC I can use the player again but when I stop a movie and try to start another movie nothing happens.

Post log!

- Mallet21 - 2009-12-10

tiben20 Wrote:Post log!

http://pastebin.com/d79e31230

Started Serenity (DXVA confirmed in MPC) and it played fine. Stopped player and tried to open Star Trek (DXVA confirmed in MPC). Nothing happens....menu (library) screen stays up. It looks like it might be playing in the background because the player controls are displayed on the left side of the confluence library menu.

My O/S is Win7.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-10

Mallet21 Wrote:http://pastebin.com/d79e31230

Started Serenity (DXVA confirmed in MPC) and it played fine. Stopped player and tried to open Star Trek (DXVA confirmed in MPC). Nothing happens....menu (library) screen stays up. It looks like it might be playing in the background because the player controls are displayed on the left side of the confluence library menu.

My O/S is Win7.

The problem is the evr renderer

- robbaroon - 2009-12-10

>>X<<' Wrote:If you haven't configured AC3Filter that would account for the two channels input and 5 output

The reason I said try MPC-HC is because it will use the same codecs as DSPlayer then you can test if you can get 5.1 DTS using MPC-HC if you cant it would rule out DSplayer as the problem, you would need to go into MPC-HC > External Filters and add AC3 filter and block it first and restart, you also need to set the DTS filter to SPDIF

What I'm wondering is where did Source (Async) come from wondering if that might be the problem ?

Here's the properties of File Source (Async.) in case it means something to you:

Not sure why it's there either. These last screen shots are from a clean install of MPC-HC only, before installing XBMC or the AC3 filter.
It's strange because when you look at the earlier screen shots of this same video file it's not there.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-10

robbaroon Wrote:Here's the properties of File Source (Async.) in case it means something to you:
Not sure why it's there either. These last screen shots are from a clean install of MPC-HC only, before installing XBMC or the AC3 filter.
It's strange because when you look at the earlier screen shots of this same video file it's not there.
This is really simple mpc-hc merge the file source and the splitter into one filter for a reason that i dont know. There no difference at all its only looking cleaner if your looking into a graph

- robbaroon - 2009-12-10

tiben20 Wrote:This is really simple mpc-hc merge the file source and the splitter into one filter for a reason that i dont know. There no difference at all its only looking cleaner if your looking into a graph

Figured it was something obvious but I’m too much of noob to understand it. Thanks for clarifying.

I’m still at a loss as to why I cannot get DTS passthrough though. I’ve gone into the filter settings and enabled SPDIF, set it to 3+2 and LFE, uncheck downmix all channels to stereo, etc., but still get nothing out through HDMI. Again, I get DTS fine through XBMC’s DVDPlayer.

Anyway, this is starting to look like a codec/filter issue more than a DSPlayer issue since I seem to be the only one not getting DTS out of it so I’ll stop wasting space here on this particular thread. On that note, does anybody have a link to any resources that might help me on my quest to better understand codecs/filters and hopefully solve my DTSlessness problem?

Thanks again for all of the generous assistance that has been provided here.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-10

robbaroon Wrote:Figured it was something obvious but I’m too much of noob to understand it. Thanks for clarifying.

I’m still at a loss as to why I cannot get DTS passthrough though. I’ve gone into the filter settings and enabled SPDIF, set it to 3+2 and LFE, uncheck downmix all channels to stereo, etc., but still get nothing out through HDMI. Again, I get DTS fine through XBMC’s DVDPlayer.

Anyway, this is starting to look like a codec/filter issue more than a DSPlayer issue since I seem to be the only one not getting DTS out of it so I’ll stop wasting space here on this particular thread. On that note, does anybody have a link to any resources that might help me on my quest to better understand codecs/filters and hopefully solve my DTSlessness problem?

Thanks again for all of the generous assistance that has been provided here.

The only thing I can think of is that its a system setting, in XP go to

Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio Tab

Look at "Sound Playback"

That needs to be set to HDMI or similar, looking at your earlier XBMC screenshot XBMC has it set to

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Try that option first if that doesn't work and you have other options try them

After that I'm all out of ideas Sad

- Zak - 2009-12-10

tiben20 Wrote:Ok i just committed the update for supporting dts ac3 spdif configuration
If you want too see the result in the log its going too look like this

This is analog with downmix to stereo
CDSConfig::GetMpaDec dts and ac3 is now on stereo
CDSConfig::GetMpaDec not SPDIF
The actual setting work like this
digital is setting spdif config on dts and ac3
analog is setting decode to speaker
downmix to stereo checker will set both too stereo
if downmix to stereo is false your getting 3 speaker front 2 rear
LFE is always set.
http://www.easy-share.com/1908646361/XBMCSetup-Rev25381-dx.exe
so test and tell me if the audio stream selection is working fine and also the new audio stuff
Since the download was very slow for me I made a multiupload.com mirror:
http://www.multiupload.com/GWP0Q6H2G7

I hope you don't mind.

- robbaroon - 2009-12-10

>>X<<' Wrote:The only thing I can think of is that its a system setting, in XP go to

Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio Tab

Look at "Sound Playback"

That needs to be set to HDMI or similar, looking at your earlier XBMC screenshot XBMC has it set to

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Try that option first if that doesn't work and you have other options try them

After that I'm all out of ideas Sad

Yeah, it's set to NVIDIA High Definition Audio under the Audio and Voice tabs on the sound properties. I'm stumped too.

What started out as just wanting the DTS light to show up on my receiver might have uncovered some other problem with my Revo. I had originally thought when it was showing PCM on my receiver I was getting surround sound as I could hear stuff out of the rear speakers. After watching the live sound levels under the AC3 control panel showing only two inputs and 5 outputs is making me think that the software is making artificial surround, somehow creating the rear channels from just stereo input. Is that possible? If so, where do I go to manually set the input to 5, 6 or 7?