Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- generator - 2010-02-10

I'm not using XBMC live, but I'm also getting the resume from standby problem. Please don't tell me I have to reinstall my complete system.

- osirisjem - 2010-03-28

Anyone have any words of wisdom to get my remote to keep working ? It stops working after it sleeps.

I have an ASROCK ION 330 HT.

- pike - 2010-04-11

So This device from ASROCK could be ideal , but falls short due to IR problems ?

This works 4 me - shootas - 2010-04-16

I got my ASRock ION 330HT 2 days ago and this works 4 my remote that i got with the ion

sudo –s
apt-get install wget
wget http://tinyurl.com/cir-driver-ion330ht
dpkg -i ir-driver-ion330ht.deb

- kalle.schralle - 2010-04-17

After Trying for hours and reading for some more hours I still can't get the remote countrol to work.

I started with ubutu 9.1.0 x64 Minimum Installation, I added Nvidia and XBMC and so on after that.
Next step was lirc with the driver from asrock: "CIR receiver driver and source code for Ubuntu 9.10 32/64 bit ver:1.0.4" directly from asrock webpage.
I installed this driver by typing: "sudo dpkg -i lirc-nct677x-x64-1.0.4-ubuntu9.10.deb"

What seems odd so far:

- I don't have /dev/lirc or /dev/lirc0, i only have /dev/lircd
- my /etc/lirc/hardware.conf reads:
Code:
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Nuvoton Transceivers/Remotes"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_wb677"
REMOTE_DRIVER=""
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"
#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_wb677"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""
- sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart spits out:
Code:
* Stopping execution daemon: irexec                                   [ OK ]
* Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC                               [ OK ]
* Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC                              [ OK ]
* Starting execution daemon: irexec                                     [ OK ]
- "lsmod | grep lirc" shows nothing

I am not at all familiar with linux and the concept of loading drivers. Maybe I have to completely uninstall lirc und the asrock-driver? How would I do that? And how would I re-install the needed moduls correctly?

---
update:
doing the exact same steps with ubuntu 9.1.0 x32 seems to work out of the box.
From my point of view I can only advise to not use 64bit and stay with 32bit.

- mellw - 2010-05-03

Like everyone else I got the same problem with the "only suspend once problem" with XBMCLive 9.11. There's no viable solution for this yet?

Edit: Found this -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=415584&postcount=167
Going to try tomorrow!

- mellw - 2010-05-03

Seems like the "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" addition to the kernel-line in /boot/grub/menu.lst did the trick! Now I can resume and suspend without it waking up again instantly!

- generator - 2010-05-05

Yesterday I ran some updates, and now my remote isn't working anymore. irw doesn't output anything!

It's now 4am, and I feel like I've tried everything. Please, is there someone who can help me with this? I'm running Karmic.

- andyblac - 2010-05-05

generator Wrote:Yesterday I ran some updates, and now my remote isn't working anymore. irw doesn't output anything!

It's now 4am, and I feel like I've tried everything. Please, is there someone who can help me with this? I'm running Karmic.

the remote driver (1.04) does not work with the new kernel that was released last week. you will have to remove the kernel and reinstall the old one.

try this:

sudo aptitude install linux-image-2.6.31-20-generic
sudo aptitude purge linux-image-2.6.31-21-generic
sudo update-grub
sudo aptitude install linux-headers-2.6.31-20
sudo aptitude purge linux-headers-2.6.31-21

then reinstall the remove drivers again.

I have emailed ASRock about this and they are aware of this situation, but they have told me that they cant write drivers for linux, they have contacted Novuton about this matter, but they have asked anyone having this this with the new Linux kernel to email Novuton directly to help speed up the priority we have to email Novuton our selves, other if will take Novuton 2-3 months to fix this issue, so the more people email them the better here is the email address: [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

hope this helps

Andy.

- generator - 2010-05-05

I love you man! I was thinking that it might be the kernel, but didn't really know how to downgrade safely. Thanks for the clear guide!

I've emailed Nuvoton, requesting them to fix the drivers.

P.S: I believe the third command should be "sudo update-grub"

- andyblac - 2010-05-05

generator Wrote:I love you man! I was thinking that it might be the kernel, but didn't really know how to downgrade safely. Thanks for the clear guide!

I've emailed Nuvoton, requesting them to fix the drivers.

P.S: I believe the third command should be "sudo update-grub"

np, glad you got it sorted. i was doing it from memory Smile.

- Zeppstar - 2010-05-06

I too got 'Update' happy just recently and broke my remote Big Grin

Just goes to show.. If it aint broke.. dont fix!

Many thanks andyblac

- xburchartz - 2010-05-07

Asrock updated their website today with the new drivers for Ubuntu 10.4. Works as a charm again Smile

- FireMan - 2010-05-07

xburchartz Wrote:Asrock updated their website today with the new drivers for Ubuntu 10.4. Works as a charm again Smile

Not for karmic w/2.6.31-21:

Code:
Setting up lirc-nct677x (1.0.4-ubuntu10.04) ...
Copy patch file...
* Stopping execution daemon: irexec                                                                                          [fail]
`/usr/share/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko' -> `/lib/modules/2.6.31-20-generic/kernel/ubuntu/lirc/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko'
/etc/lirc/lircrc existed. append it.
patching file /usr/share/lirc/lirc.hwdb
* Stopping execution daemon: irexec                                                                                          [fail]
* Loading LIRC modules                                                                                                       [ OK ]
* Unable to load LIRC kernel modules. Verify your
* selected kernel modules in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
* Starting execution daemon: irexec                                                                                          [fail]

Back to 2.6.31-20 Big Grin

Cheers.

- Dufu - 2010-05-19

It really sucks lirc doesn't work with karmic on 2.6.31-21. Without 2.6.31-21 my wireless sucks and with the remote doesn't work... Great.

Edit:
I've found a solution to have stable wifi with 2.6.31-20 here. Now I can have both stable wifi and a working remote Smile