Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Albert031 - 2009-11-24

Looks like another dead end.

Last thing: is ir enabled in the bios? And is the second serial port enabled?
There could also be an option like 'ir legacy mode'
Because the ir device must be connected to the second uart (0x2f8, irq 3)

- marsjall - 2009-11-24

Albert031 Wrote:Looks like another dead end.

Last thing: is ir enabled in the bios? And is the second serial port enabled?
There could also be an option like 'ir legacy mode'
Because the ir device must be connected to the second uart (0x2f8, irq 3)

the CIR-device is enabled in BIOS, but I haven't checked the serial port. I'll take a look tomorrow, as well as the IRQ and IO

- X3lectric - 2009-11-24

Hi guys

ONTOPIC

I guess so far this is a no show just yet, as a need to know basis the manufacturer for the Asrock ion 330 family in this case is Pegatron based in Taiwan THEY DO NOT PROVIDE DRIVERS FOR ANY OF THEIR STUFF so Asrocks emails are a pile of duda saying they contacted the manufacturer, They wont resolve it I know I worked with them... If anything happens it wont come from Pegatron at all since they only manufacture the stuff (yuk in China). I have shot an email to Nuovoton since there are also no drivers for other of their chips on this device which may be of interest.

Slight veer offtopic The Nuvoton W83677HG-I Super IO Sensors. (lm-sensors) No drivers available though a request as been made to khali the lm-sensors developer.

Further more I don't see why ppl are hijacking this topic with rubbish that is not related to the IR driver Question, personally I just made a offtopic reference since it may be pertinent to the HT users, however I feel other offtopic posts are adequately referenced and solved throughout these forums, so no point asking here really.

So please don't spoil this topic with questions already answered somewhere else.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-25

ALso Apparently as I undrstand it the remote options in bios support waking up the system which doesnt seems to work can anyone confim this? There are two options one is CIR enabled and wake on CIR or similar cant remember off hand... This should work OOB (out of box) Since the bios supllies the needed control for this. There is no real documentation on this And I have contacted asrock regarding this as well.

Any feedback on this will help determine if the remote does indeed work as advertised.

- scoopy2scoops - 2009-11-25

I got this email today from nuvoton:

Dear sir,

Actually, the driver is under developing now, and we will release to the board vendors once it’s ready.
You may need to contact with Asrock finally to get the driver update.
Thanks.

Best regards,

Cindy Yu
Nuvoton Technology Corp.
Computer Product Marketing Dept.

http://www.nuvoton.com
nuvoTon Technology Corp.

As for me I've gone over to the dark side, I installed Windows 7 last night, not because of the remote issue really just frustrations on getting xbmc linux working with my Asrock/Samsung TV/Yamaha Amp combo.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-25

Well I have contacted them and Asrock nuovoton have not replied as of yet.

this is Asrock's reply just this Morning.

Quote:Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Sorry for the inconvenient,
About the issue, we've contacted our device vendor to provide drivers for Linux.
We believe that they are still working on it, and we will update the drivers asap.
Please check our website one a while for latest drivers update.

Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day.

Wish you have a nice day!
ASRock TSD

And if you read carefully one in a while should be once in a while which is exactly like the other email here So a blatant copy and paste.

Reading back on this topic the reply is exactly the same so their IMO fobbing ppl off and my blood boils with ignorance of that magnitude.

I have replied and Asked to be contacted by a suitable supervisor who;
A) Knows what they talking about.

B) Will Take ownership of the many similar requests and follow up and contact the customers.

C) Will provide a minimum standard customer service and respect people who unlike they may prolly think are all idiots. I dont think we are all idiots and we do deserve some credit regardless of level of expertise.

I hate canned replies when especially is just a quick way to brush the problem under the carpet. If I did That in my line of business I would be starving... argh....

- therealdude - 2009-11-25

Hmm, indeed strange that AsRock made the same spelling errors in your mail as the mail I received. Seems they are just brushing us off. Hopefully Nuvoton will come up with a real answer...

I now have (hopefully temporarily) connected an external USB IR receiver to the AsRock, which works fine. At least I can use the box, as the rest works perfectly fine. But, if they don't fix this problem, I can't see why people would bother buying this box. The old AsRock version (without the HT) had the same specs, except for the wireless lan (which I don't need) and the IR (which isn't working properly using an OS at the bright side of the force).

- chrisan - 2009-11-25

therealdude Wrote:The old AsRock version (without the HT) had the same specs, except for the wireless lan (which I don't need) and the IR (which isn't working properly using an OS at the bright side of the force).
  • and eSata
  • and Raid 0,1

//chrisan

- X3lectric - 2009-11-25

therealdude Wrote:Hmm, indeed strange that AsRock made the same spelling errors in your mail as the mail I received. Seems they are just brushing us off. Hopefully Nuvoton will come up with a real answer...

I now have (hopefully temporarily) connected an external USB IR receiver to the AsRock, which works fine. At least I can use the box, as the rest works perfectly fine. But, if they don't fix this problem, I can't see why people would bother buying this box. The old AsRock version (without the HT) had the same specs, except for the wireless lan (which I don't need) and the IR (which isn't working properly using an OS at the bright side of the force).

Ah well it is indeed a copy and paste of that I am sure.

If you have the power off the inbuilt IR can and does start the machine up, after thgat no joy.

Just as an aside while seemingly all else is working as you say that is not quite right if you look at my 1st post 4 posts or 5 back theres onboard sensors which also don't have drivers of any sort though that is not for this topic.

So Waking up the machine using the remote works but it doesnt do anything else, I presume its emulating a key press on keyboard and after poof.

I have contacted nuovoton regarding both drivers needed and so far ziltch, maybe next time I see santa I will ask for a solution in time for xmas.

As soon as I know something I will post the solution since Im in constant lookout and stdying linux hacks, solutions and other tricks that get things shuch as this fixed.

- torqued - 2009-11-26

Thanks to this thread I know I'm not alone. The only action I've gotten from the remote thus far is that my XBOX 360 is picking up the signals, and turning itself on :/

I'm about to crack and go out to shop for a USB-MCE remote, heh.

- jgiorla - 2009-11-26

I'm a complete newb with linux, if there eventually is a driver for this, will it be integrated in xbmc live, or do we have to do it?

I am contemplating the 330HT because it has a built in remote, this is disappointing Sad

- X3lectric - 2009-11-26

torqued Wrote:Thanks to this thread I know I'm not alone. The only action I've gotten from the remote thus far is that my XBOX 360 is picking up the signals, and turning itself on :/

I'm about to crack and go out to shop for a USB-MCE remote, heh.

ANY MCE remote will work out of box with xbox360 dont even know why you seemingly surprised or shocked or whatever...

on the other issue yes a usb IR receiver is enough since you already have a mce remote.

- torqued - 2009-11-26

I wouldn't say I was surprised that the xbox was listening in on the remote signals, but no matter where I placed it, it was still picking sth up. Ended up taping the front of it, worked like a charm.

- marathont - 2009-11-26

torqued Wrote:I wouldn't say I was surprised that the xbox was listening in on the remote signals, but no matter where I placed it, it was still picking sth up. Ended up taping the front of it, worked like a charm.

I think there is an option on the xbox360 to ignore signals from mce remote, so it only responds to xbox360 remote.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-26

PLEASE stop littering topic with OFFTOPIC rubbish.