Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- nate44 - 2010-07-17

Hi. I've tried to install this skin but once inside xbmc I keep getting an error message when trying to select the Back Row skin. The error is "Incompatible skin. We require skins of version 2.10 or higher."

I just downloaded the skin from the link in the first post today so I assume I have the latest version. It is the skin.back-row.rar file. I extracted it into the xbmc skins directory so all should be fine.

Could someone please help me with this issue? Thank you in advance.

- Sharpe - 2010-07-17

Hi nate

If you are running a build of xbmc that still has a "skins" folder then it's the pre-merge version of the skin that you need to install.

DOWNLOAD LINK (Pre Merge Version)

If you have a newer build of xbmc that has an addons folder then you need the post-merge version of the skin.

DOWNLOAD LINK (Post Merge Version)

Sounds like you need the pre-merge version.

Cheers

- nate44 - 2010-07-18

Thank you very much for the quick response I really appreciate it. So are the two versions of Backrow fully up to date or would I be better off updating xbmc and getting post merge version for the best version of backrow?

Thanks again

- Sharpe - 2010-07-18

No worries - they are both up to date. I'd say go for the new version personally, everything seems to work well. Although if you currently use a lot of plugins that are working ok - you might want to hold off, as not all of them have been ported over yet.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-18

Sharpe, could you also add support German Ratings,

(same size as uk-ratings)

German-Ratings: http://www.multiupload.com/7RE0PFW8M7

Greetings,
ubuntuf4n

- Sharpe - 2010-07-18

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Sharpe, could you also add support German Ratings,

(same size as uk-ratings)

German-Ratings: http://www.multiupload.com/7RE0PFW8M7

Greetings,
ubuntuf4n

Okay I've just added them.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-18

Thanks!!!!

I think I should try a merged build :-)

- nate44 - 2010-07-19

Just a couple of other things. In List View 3, is there a possible way for me to personally do a quick mod that increases the list size?

For example, in the screen shot at the top of this page, the list of movies is 7 titles long/high. Is there a way to do a mod that increases the height of this list so that it displays 10-15 titles?

Secondly, is there any way to name files so that dvd disc or bluray disc flags are shown alongside the regular flags such as resolution and aspect ratio etc.? The reason I ask is because previously I have used aeon, and my dvd .iso files have a "DVD" flag and my blu ray disc images name movie.bluray.mkv etc show a "Bluray" Flag. That way I can distinguish in my library which files are dvd images rather than just xvids, and bluray images rather than compressed hd rips.

Thank you in advance for the help. This is such a great community. I hope these requests of mine are similar things to what other people want and can be implemented if not already in the skin.

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-20

nate44 Wrote:Just a couple of other things. In List View 3, is there a possible way for me to personally do a quick mod that increases the list size?

Actually, this was requested before and Sharpe already built it into the skin - look for the option in skin settings Big Grin (not in front of my HTPC right now but it says something like "use longer list in list 3 view")

Quote:Secondly, is there any way to name files so that dvd disc or bluray disc flags are shown alongside the regular flags such as resolution and aspect ratio etc.?

In most views (including List 3) you can see if an item is HD or SD by looking at what type of "box cover" is drawn in the skin. Blue BluRay box for HD movies and black DVD box for SD movies. Big Grin

- Sharpe - 2010-07-20

nate44 Wrote:...For example, in the screen shot at the top of this page, the list of movies is 7 titles long/high. Is there a way to do a mod that increases the height of this list so that it displays 10-15 titles?

Hi guys and just to further expand on kiboy6's suggestion here - it's also possible to make the expanded list bigger. You would need to adjust the the vertical position of the list (line 6422 of Common Video Library Views.xml) and increase the list height (line 6424). You'd need to do the same with the background also (lines 6395, 6397 & 6406, 6408).

nate44 Wrote:Thank you in advance for the help. This is such a great community. I hope these requests of mine are similar things to what other people want and can be implemented if not already in the skin.

You're welcome nate let me know how you get on.

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-28

Hi,

Using latest Back Row SVN and latest Dharma builds I am noticing a significant black screen lag time while navigating between certain screens.

I get this for example when in movie list 3 view and then pressing esc to return to the main menu. The screen will go black for several seconds before the main menu comes up. I think this is especially bad if music with visualization is playing. This has been the case for while now (post merge?).

The same transition is pretty much instantaneous using default Confluence skin.

Anyone else experiencing this? Can post a debug log later if ness.

Thanks!

fast scroll in fan art wrap - shabby - 2010-07-28

I love this skin and also love that you seem to be open to ideas from end users. One feature i miss from my last skin is the option to fast scroll. In the fan art wrap if i could press down and have a scroll bar to show how far I have gone that would make me very happy. I think hitcher had a great fast scroll in his skin. This is just one users idea. If you implement great if not thanks for all your work so far.Big Grin

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-28

@ shabby
Quote:One feature i miss from my last skin is the option to fast scroll
that feature is already there Smile

Just select "toggle scroll bar" in skin options and you will have the scroll bar you want....alternatively use the page up and page down buttons

----
@ Sharpe

Oh and one more thing...."Playlists" is no longer on the music sub-menu...any chance of bringing it back? Personally i would have it on the first page of the submenu (in place of artists or albums which can be set as the default music choice) but anywhere on the submenu would be great!

Cheers Smile

- xytreme99 - 2010-08-01

Sharpe Wrote:Just got round to adding metadata images to List 3.

I downloaded the skin via xbmc add on (Back Row v1.0)
Where can I get the new changes for the metadata in List 3. As mentioned earlier, the ratings are too big and at least it is smaller in this one

- xytreme99 - 2010-08-01

xytreme99 Wrote:I downloaded the skin via xbmc add on (Back Row v1.0)
Where can I get the new changes for the metadata in List 3. As mentioned earlier, the ratings are too big and at least it is smaller in this one

Just found it at the initial post. Thanks