Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- ghochreiter - 2011-01-09

how do you install this from a RAR file. i have no problem extracting it. it what do i do with it next

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-01-09

ghochreiter Wrote:how do you install this from a RAR file. i have no problem extracting it. it what do i do with it next

unrar it and put the skin.backrow-folder into your addon-folder (where you installed xbmc).

Then choose it in settings (from the home-menu) --> appearance, within xbmc.

- Sharpe - 2011-01-09

ubuntuf4n Wrote:..I thought about a Filesize-Option beside the Objects-Value...

Ah right I get you - wasn't sure that's what you meant. I don't think that there's a Container(id) value for file size so this probably isn't possible.

Having said that thanks for giving me the prod needed to go and freshen up that screen - it had some old xbox xml stuff in there. I've redone things a bit and uploaded the changes.

Cheers

Overriding images - whittaker007 - 2011-01-10

Really liking this skin, but I would like to customize the images used for the icons and backgrounds - the cinema themed images are nice, but not really indicative of the media content. I have located the background images under /addons/skin.back-row/images and replaced these successfully, however I have been unable to locate the associated icon images. So I have a couple of questions:

* Can the icons be customized?
* Can the background images be overridden rather than replaced in case I update the skin later?
* How do I enable the iconless (text-only) alternate home screen menu shown in the last image of post #3?

I have googled for answers to these questions and not managed to come up with anything useful. I suspect there may be some tips within this very thread, but it is now over 40 pages long :o

- Sharpe - 2011-01-10

whittaker007 Wrote:* Can the icons be customized?
* Can the background images be overridden rather than replaced in case I update the skin later?
* How do I enable the iconless (text-only) alternate home screen menu shown in the last image of post #3?

Hello - glad you like skin.

* Not unless you use the SVN version of the skin and manually replace them in the media folder (I'm thinking of making this a skin option though - just working out the layout in my head first).
* Yes the wallpapers can be changed from within skin options (in settings).
* Again in skin options - you need to select "use smaller home controls" and then select "use simplified controls".

Cheers

#Edit - I've just added the functionality to change the home screen icons - it's under skin options

- Sharpe - 2011-01-17

Okay thought I'd best update you with what's been done with the skin in last couple of weeks:

Version 3.1.3
- Put in place a fix for capitalisation issues with accent symbols ver letters - thanks r1ctus

Version 3.1.2
- Updated Swedish language strings - thanks Klinker
- Reworked the Codec Flagging and added some more flags
- Added Hungarian language strings - thanks r1ctus
- Changed Uppercase Title Font
- Updated Spanish language strings - thanks PatOso

Version 3.1.1
- Reworked the shutdown menu (added Exit XBMC option)
- Reworked Filemanager
- Added functionality to change the home control icons

- Praesten - 2011-01-23

I tried finding my other post on this but I must be blind or my stupidity has risen to new levels Smile

Anywho, I was hoping to find some way to make the info view (while watching an episode and pressing I) to show the Season and Episode number. Anyone know of a quick and dirty fix (the best kind of fix Smile ) to make this happen?

EDIT: See, I am retarded. It was even on the first page Sad
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88154

- Sharpe - 2011-01-23

Yep sorry I'd forgot to add that - I've done it now.

- Praesten - 2011-01-23

Wow, that was quick Smile

I'll grab the updated version as soon as possible. Again, great work.

EDIT: Looks awesome, thanks again.

- flipje - 2011-01-23

I like this skin very much, but I seem to have a problem with the watched overlay. The watched overlay always disapears after a restart of XBMC. I then can get it back when I swith to another skin and back to Back Row, but that doesn't seem normal behaviour and I have never seen this behaviour in other skins.

I use the passion svn version and have even tried deleting the .xbmc folder and starting fresh, but even that doesn't fix it.

- Sharpe - 2011-01-23

Hi flipje

Have you got Add-On auto updating turned on? These types of strange problems are often due to the skin updating whilst it's currently in use. It seems to mess up the images. You could try turning off auto updating for the Add-Ons and see if it stops happening. Or you could try manually installing the skin.

- flipje - 2011-01-23

Sharpe Wrote:Hi flipje

Have you got Add-On auto updating turned on? These types of strange problems are often due to the skin updating whilst it's currently in use. It seems to mess up the images. You could try turning off auto updating for the Add-Ons and see if it stops happening. Or you could try manually installing the skin.

Yes, the auto-update was on. I have now turned it off and re-downloaded the skin manualy, but it still disappears when I shutdown XBMC and start it again.

EDIT: Tried resetting the skin. That also didn't help.

EDIT2: Tried the up to date Dharma version. That one behaves normal.

- mcoto - 2011-01-26

Sharpe,

Just downloaded the latest from your sig-link. I love the busy circle.

One bug I noticed. When I'm watching a MKV or bluray.ISO (I didn't try a dvd) and try to make a bookmark the "create bookmark" and "clear bookmark" buttons are invisible. I can use the remote to move where I know the button is and it works, but neither the button, label or highlight are visible. I suspect the button got pushed behind everything if you know what I mean but I don't know how to check that out.

M

- Sharpe - 2011-01-26

Thanks for spotting that - there was some old xml in there that needed re-doing to make the buttons display properly. Try it now.

- mcoto - 2011-01-27

That did the trick. Thanks
M