Kodi Community Forum
"adjust display refresh rate to match video" - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: "adjust display refresh rate to match video" (/showthread.php?tid=63957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- repstein - 2011-12-25

davilla Wrote:Add a pause. A second or so

I just tested this, and still having issues like before.

Tested using Breaking Bad s03, e01 (Blu-ray rip) this time for each test.

First attempt, Onkyo receiver went into "All Stereo Mode", no audio played, and video appeared to be frame by frame slow motion. Exited out, XBMC sound effects started playing out of the Mac's speaker.

Second attempt, same thing.

Third attempt, same thing, but this time when exiting, audio returned to the HDMI.

Fourth attempt, it worked (played normally, with DTS audio) and audio went out HDMI

There is no consistency whatsoever here other than maybe the timing of me exiting back to the XBMC menu from the video (usually about 10 seconds into the video).

Randy

- davilla - 2011-12-25

Xbmc.log Huh

- repstein - 2011-12-25

davilla Wrote:Xbmc.log Huh

Will provide shortly debug shortly. I just tested another setup I have, latest Mac mini, Eden-Beta1, also into a Samsung D8000, same file, but no receiver (direct into the TV). It doesn't seem to have this problem. The TV switches much quicker into 24 FPS and everything works.

I will try a longer delay on the setup with the receiver and let you know. I tried 2 seconds already and had the results in my previous post.

Randy

- activate - 2011-12-26

Similar setup: Macmini 2011 server model connected via hdmi into an onkyo TX-SR308.

Have noticed that coming out of a movie to the skin diverts the skin sounds to the internal speakers. (Not Always)

When this occurs, one of these corrects it for me.

1. Restarting a movie
2. Switching input on amp and switching back.
3. Turning television off and on
4. Restarting XBMC

Usually the first two options do the trick. I have ensured 4 places that sound is set to hdmi.

1. System Sound
2. XBMC - Audio output & Default output device
3. Midi Utility
4. Air Server

Where is the delay setting that you are referring to.

- davilla - 2011-12-26

Hdmi is so much fun ;

- repstein - 2011-12-26

activate Wrote:Where is the delay setting that you are referring to.

Within XBMC, Settings->Video->Playback->Pause during refresh rate change->

Randy

- activate - 2011-12-26

Thanks, but it didn't do anything for me.

This is the log: http://pastebin.com/RBbrM9Ev

Issue: Coming out of a movie, the sounds play in the built-in speakers. Further on, if I then launch another application eg. eyetv sound also plays through built-in speakers.

If I switch the amp off and then on, sound is restored.

- repstein - 2011-12-26

activate Wrote:Thanks, but it didn't do anything for me.

Me either.

I have the latest firmware updates on the Onkyo. Even if the Onkyo wasn't acting correctly, XBMC shouldn't behave the way it is. No other device seems to (and I have 6 other devices connected).

Randy

- davilla - 2011-12-26

repstein Wrote:Me either.

I have the latest firmware updates on the Onkyo. Even if the Onkyo wasn't acting correctly, XBMC shouldn't behave the way it is. No other device seems to (and I have 6 other devices connected).

Randy

I doubt any of your other devices autoswitch the display refresh-rate either.

- davilla - 2011-12-26

activate Wrote:Thanks, but it didn't do anything for me.

This is the log: http://pastebin.com/RBbrM9Ev

Issue: Coming out of a movie, the sounds play in the built-in speakers. Further on, if I then launch another application eg. eyetv sound also plays through built-in speakers.

If I switch the amp off and then on, sound is restored.

Your version: Platform: Darwin OSX (11.2.0 x86_64). Built on Dec 11 2011 (Git:20111210-410c947). Note the last bit... 410c947

Quote:commit 410c9473befb93bd8e49da010d20a5bf84d279a7
Author: davilla <[email protected]>
Date: Sat Dec 10 18:33:27 2011 -0500

[osx] fixed, only allow display switching for osx 10.5+
you want at least:

Quote:commit cd5d2330ec8ef811a94af44f6116c004969e8a56
Author: S. Davilla <[email protected]>
Date: Mon Dec 12 15:54:11 2011 -0500

fixed, hook adjust display refresh to WinSystemOSX/CoreAudioRenderer.
Output silence during display switching if audio is hdmi.
This fixes hdmi audio getting wonky on osx.

Please update to beta1. This is why we ask for xbmc.log Smile

- repstein - 2011-12-26

davilla Wrote:I doubt any of your other devices autoswitch the display refresh-rate either.

You're probably correct.

That said, I've changed the delay to 5 seconds and that seems to do the trick. Upon exit however, while the Onkyo is switching back from 24 FPS to 60 FPS and from DTS to All Channel Stereo, if you touch a menu option (thus generating a sound from XBMC), it will then send the audio out the Mac speaker until you do something to reset it. If you wait until the receiver has completed the transition, it seems to work fine.

As a fix, would it be possible to add an option of a delay upon the exit of a movie/video? This would probably fix the audio to the internal speaker issue on the Onkyo (and I'd gather Denon and many other manufacturers as well).

Also, it seems there is a bug regarding the slow-motion video issue I was seeing if there is some sort of HDMI sync error. I've come across this before with XBMC under Dharma as well. When pausing video or rewind/fast forward, sometimes when you go to play, it does this slow-mo effect and the only way to fix it is usually to either stop and restart the video or sometimes even restarting XBMC altogether.

Randy

- davilla - 2011-12-26

repstein Wrote:You're probably correct.

That said, I've changed the delay to 5 seconds and that seems to do the trick. Upon exit however, while the Onkyo is switching back from 24 FPS to 60 FPS and from DTS to All Channel Stereo, if you touch a menu option (thus generating a sound from XBMC), it will then send the audio out the Mac speaker until you do something to reset it. If you wait until the receiver has completed the transition, it seems to work fine.

As a fix, would it be possible to add an option of a delay upon the exit of a movie/video? This would probably fix the audio to the internal speaker issue on the Onkyo (and I'd gather Denon and many other manufacturers as well).

Also, it seems there is a bug regarding the slow-motion video issue I was seeing if there is some sort of HDMI sync error. I've come across this before with XBMC under Dharma as well. When pausing video or rewind/fast forward, sometimes when you go to play, it does this slow-mo effect and the only way to fix it is usually to either stop and restart the video or sometimes even restarting XBMC altogether.

Randy

My Denon AVR-1912 does not show this issue at all and I've switched it via xbmc hundreds of times in working on this code.

I'll ask again for an xbmc.log. Lacking that, there's nothing more I can do.

- repstein - 2011-12-26

davilla Wrote:My Denon AVR-1912 does not show this issue at all and I've switched it via xbmc hundreds of times in working on this code.

I'll ask again for an xbmc.log. Lacking that, there's nothing more I can do.

http://pastebin.com/WRkLjAYq

Randy

- activate - 2011-12-26

davilla Wrote:Your version: Platform: Darwin OSX (11.2.0 x86_64). Built on Dec 11 2011 (Git:20111210-410c947). Note the last bit... 410c947

you want at least:

Please update to beta1. This is why we ask for xbmc.log Smile

Thanks, I had completely missed the update Eek Unfortunately didn't resolve it but we'll get there...

- repstein - 2011-12-27

activate Wrote:Thanks, I had completely missed the update Eek Unfortunately didn't resolve it but we'll get there...

Yea, I think this is connected to a bug I've seen all the way back to 10.0. It has something to do with the HDMI handshaking and sync on the Onkyo. I thought it would be a problem on the Denon as well, but apparently not.

Maybe I should loan Davilla an extra Onkyo I have (it's an 806, but should be similar enough to replicate the issue). By the way, even with a 5 second delay, it's hit or miss.

Randy