Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-28

The suggestions I'm seeing here all seem to be coming from other skins. I certainly hope that everyone who has downloaded Xperience understands that this skin is unique. We wanted to stand away from other skins including the inspiration in which it came from the NXE dash.

So please keep this in mind while posting requests.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-28

Updates will be posted at the top of this forum (stickied)

- z][ggy - 2009-12-28

XBMCG33K Wrote:z][ggy Xperience WAS INSPIRED by the NXE dash for the 360. Nothings going to change that. So if it isn't to your liking there are several others I am quite sure you can use.

Like i said i take most of it back lol once i had a decent mess with it the potential is fantastic.

i did not mean to sound so negative so soon as i do see what the skin/coding can achieve

So again Kudos

Hide the scanning dialog - Pr.Sinister - 2009-12-28

You should hide the scanning for new movies/tv shows/music dialogs when a
video is playing in fullscreen.

-Pr.

- paul - 2009-12-28

Rocky5 Wrote:there are two options first one is to only update when XBMC starts (xbox users) and then there is the other option to update the recently added on the press of Up so when you go to view it it will update then show you the movies thus not needing anything else.

basically it will only update if you want it to so that there is no pausing or anything that would interrupt the flow of the skin.

you want to enable option 2

paul will most likely do this for us as the xprs are unprotected.
Had not realised they were unlocked, but if they are i would be more than happy to have a bash at creating a couple of .xpr files for all the xbox users if your ok with this?

- Montellese - 2009-12-28

OK here some suggestions that came to my mind during my first steps with Xperience:

What I find a bit confusing is the way the "view specific settings" work. You can e.g. choose between straight and slanted wall view but you first have to press "Arrow Down" to get to the slanted option and then you still have to press "Enter" to activate it. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out that I had to press "Enter" after pressing down. At least for me it would be more intuitive if the option you see is automatically the active option.

The options for the ripples and logos at the bottom right of the screen is similar. If you choose "Enable static logo" it removes the so far chosen options for "Enable clock", "Weather Logo", and "Enable Custom Logo". Wouldn't it be better to have something like a "drop down" menu from which you can choose one of the available options (maybe done the same way as for the "Enable Panels" options)? Btw you should decide whether to use "Logo" or "logo" Wink

Which leads me to the way "Disable Panels" and "Enable Panels" works: Why do they always show a "disabled" circle? Why does it change to an "enabled" circle when I press "Enter" to see the sub-options? Would it be possible to remove the auto-hide of the sub-options as soon as you move down to the next top-level option? Because when I open the "Enable Panels" option and move down I get to the end of the visible options and I don't know if there is another option below it (there isn't as "Now Playing" is the last one). So I press "Arrow Down" once again and expect to see another sub-option but what happens is that all the sub-options vanish and "Custom Home Panel Icons" is highlighted. So I have to go back to "Enable Panels", press "Enter" and move through the sub-options again.
Maybe I'm the only one but it is absolutely not how I'd expect it to "work" and I first had to play with it to realize how it works and why all the sub-options suddenly vanished.

I know I wrote to much and maybe I'm a bit of a lazy guy and love intuitive user interfaces so ignore my comments if they ask a bit too much Cool

- Broads - 2009-12-28

Guys well done on your release. Its great to see the new view and I am glad to see that every one is now able to enjoy the many countless hours that you guys have put in.

A very big well done from me.

- Broads - 2009-12-28

Hi Guys,

I was hoping that after the alpha testing we would see a few more file view options. Currently when playing the Iplayer or looking for videos in files view you only have the one option. I believe this is also the case for music.

It would be great if we could have some cut down views from the library. I know this could be a down to what you have to do when there is no info to display.. But the new poster view and wallviews have to be a must for files / Video and Audio..

Oh and I (I mean my girls) really like.. the pink wall paper option ... Sad if you could post that somewhere! Big Grin

Also the now playing panel, appears all the time and not just when there is something playing when selectd. I found this to be better that it only appears on the home page when there is something playing..

Regards

Mark

- timdog82001 - 2009-12-28

This may not be possible but it would be nice if, when using custom multiimage folders for the home icons, if they didn't cycle to a different picture every time you press left or right. It slows things down a lot and imho would look better if they didn't all change at the same time like that.

A way to do conditional weather fanart would be nice. Hopefully I didn't miss a setting in there anywhere.

When watching a music video and pressing i to bring up info, it doesn't list the artist anywhere. This would be a very hand addition to have.

Thanks in advance for any considerations of my suggestions Smile

- msaspence - 2009-12-28

Brilliant work, top notch

Some feedback:

Is it possible to have a few more than three in the recently played list on the home page, so it scrolls through half a dozen maybe

Can we have a position 'none' for the rss feed

White space in a few places is a cramped:
- Text in top left of info bubble on poster view
- top of items on musicpanel view
- filepanel view between items and the posters and text
- infopanel view around the title and rating

Theres no watched unwatched overlay in tvshows where I find it most useful (maybe I have missed something here, I have turned it on in the settings and its working fine for movies)

on that note can we have the number of watched unwatched in the info bubble in post view, and posterlist view if it makes it to the tvshow library

Would like static weather icons, (somebody has already mentioned this, I would like it for the same reason)

The music panel view is rubbish, would love to see the same sort of choice and quality as in the tvshow/movie library

can we have the posterlist view avaliable for tvshows, seasons and episodes

Most things animate in/out smoothly, but the stage and rss feed just appears suddenly

The library options panel is exited by using the arrows, but because its a popup not a side panel like in media stream I kept trying to press esc to get out of it

Its really hard to choose thumbnails for tvshows and movies because it crops them, and you cant tell weather its a banner or poster

maybe this is dreaming a bit, i dont know if its even possible:

but it would be really nice if the transitions as you drill down in to the library were more like nxe

it would be really really nice when you move from a poster view, of tvshows to posterlistview of seasons, the poster flipped over and had the list on the back and the other posters fanned in and out, or when animating from season to episode it flipped and stretched, or flipped and rotated, from poster view to infopanel view, probably beyond the possibility of xbmc, and maybe a bit too much any, just floating ideas

sometimes the poster view does animate out nicely but it unloads all the thumbs first, so it just animates out black boxes

I'm a designer by trade and a perfectionist so obviously I have an opinion and the little things that other people let go really bug. So I apologize if this is overly critical.

I know its just a beta, and some of these may be impossible and/or personal preference. Please dont take these as negative or overly demanding, I just wanted to float my ideas. I really think that this is really good work for a beta and that the skin has massive potential otherwise wouldn't have taken the time to post my feedback.

Once again top notch work guys well done

- sandman4sure - 2009-12-28

Is there a way to see the recently added items in Movie view, like the last 25 items? Now when I press up, there are the latest 3, and next to "Recently added" there are arrows pointing to the left and right. But pressing left or right just takes me to the next panel.

The skin looks beautiful!! Great work guys

- sgthartman - 2009-12-28

Amazing work guys. This is a great skin.

Im using this and I dont even like the xbox 360 theme. liked the avatars in the credits tho Big Grin

Really impressed with the polish / attention to detail.

Runs smooth as on my asrock ion.

- EvanXtreme - 2009-12-28

I never thought a skin would pull me away from Aeon but this one did it.

Other than that and a few things that have already been mentioned, this skin is really picture perfect. Excellent work to everyone involved and I can't wait to see what the future holds for this beautiful skin.

- Evan

- EvanXtreme - 2009-12-28

Only real suggestions:

- Allow a way to disable fanart for certain views/library modes only. (My music section isn't fully "fanart-ed" so it's ugly seeing only select artists having a backdrop.

- Can we replace the codec (?) media flag with a source flag (Bluray, HDTV, HDDVD, DVD, etc.) All my media has been labelled properly for Aeon's flagging system and I'm kinda missing not knowing which media files are HD rips or better quality than others.

- Evan

- wimpy - 2009-12-28

This is regarding the "Enable custom video plugin panel on home":
Is it possible to remove that transparent backdrop behind the text on this icon ? On the other icons it's just TEXT, on this icon it's TEXT+smalltransparentbackdrop behind the text.

Edit: the icon used is just to show how it looks with the backdrop.