Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- seedzero - 2009-05-18

Not sure if it's even possible to do, but is there going to be an animated ripple effect underneath the time / logo like there is under the "X" 360 logo on the 360?

- IllumiNaughty - 2009-05-18

Yeah that is unfortunate, oh well, I bet this thread will be resurrected once everyone is REALLY excited and all that, just takes time. Then we'll see some freakin bg's.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-18

Yeah true. I don't know though If i wasnt building this skin i would be trying to get an early copy ... lol

- Hitcher - 2009-05-18

That might be possible using the new multiimage control.

New multiimage control code allows background loading

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-19

- FourTwentySmilz - 2009-05-19

or

I like the top image.......

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-19

Nice!

- redje - 2009-05-19

XBMCG33K Wrote:Our Now Playing:

i'm sure there are some design reasons, but the thing i love about the aeon skin is that while in the main menu, the now playing music fanart (cover of album) has a pretty large view, which i really like. I was wondering how much bigger the now playing fanart would have to be to fill up too much space and destroying the design.

pherhaps put the now playing part on the top right and increasing the size of the coverart of now playing?

anyway, nothing but big thumbs up for the rest of the design i've seen so far! Big Grin

- FourTwentySmilz - 2009-05-19

Here's one for relaxation.....

- Hitcher - 2009-05-20

I agree - there's more space to play around with in the top right and it needs the same edge/corner as the rest of the skin.

Looking forward to trying this skin out a lot.

- Rocky5 - 2009-05-20

The problem is when i start moving stuff about on the home screen ie. the now playing part it doesn't look right i just looks naf it looks sleek and nice where it is i am wanting something that isnt in your face when you look at it it tells you what it tells you its not all about eye candy its about style and functionality.

the hole point of this skin is to keep it simply and not overcrowd the screen.

so what i will do is make a second version and make it a custom skin setting as i prefer the top left version some one do a quick mock-up and i will do it.

- manturafs - 2009-05-20

Rocky5 Wrote:The problem is when i start moving stuff about on the home screen ie. the now playing part it doesn't look right i just looks naf it looks sleek and nice where it is i am wanting something that isnt in your face when you look at it it tells you what it tells you its not all about eye candy its about style and functionality.

the hole point of this skin is to keep it simply and not overcrowd the screen.

how does it look when you put it in the center? sort of like a top dock? that doesn't address other people's concerns about wanting a bigger cover, but i think that might look better than the left corner. i like how some skins just break out the home into sections. for me, the left is the main focus item, right is the time, and center right now is a dead zone, which would be good for a now playing window or other things.

- redje - 2009-05-20

Rocky5 Wrote:so what i will do is make a second version and make it a custom skin setting as i prefer the top left version some one do a quick mock-up and i will do it.

here's what i was thinking about, sorry for the bad mockup, but i'm a real noob at this. Just for the idea. I think it still looks great without overclouding too much. I'm curious what others have to say.

- Rocky5 - 2009-05-20

manturafs Wrote:how does it look when you put it in the center? sort of like a top dock? that doesn't address other people's concerns about wanting a bigger cover, but i think that might look better than the left corner. i like how some skins just break out the home into sections. for me, the left is the main focus item, right is the time, and center right now is a dead zone, which would be good for a now playing window or other things.

OK here it is centred well almost lol think it looks ok centred i am not really wanting to code in the big image cover as it doesn't look right on the home screen but what i may do is add toggles in the settings so you can move it about from top left, center and top right just like you can do with the rss feed.

- Hitcher - 2009-05-20

Rocky5 Wrote:so what i will do is make a second version and make it a custom skin setting as i prefer the top left version some one do a quick mock-up and i will do it.

I was thinking along these lines -