Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Fofer - 2010-01-27

Thanks, just checked it out again... I see "Growl contact images" is listed as in the pipeline for 1.3 but it's for "Windows only."

Just curious, is there any technical reason we won't see this on Mac? I know Growl on Mac can handle it, as it's a core feature of GrowlMail. Or is it because you don't have a Mac to develop/test this on?

- johoja - 2010-01-27

Fofer Wrote:Thanks, just checked it out again... I see "Growl contact images" is listed as in the pipeline for 1.3 but it's for "Windows only."

Just curious, is there any technical reason we won't see this on Mac? I know Growl on Mac can handle it, as it's a core feature of GrowlMail. Or is it because you don't have a Mac to develop/test this on?

I've implemented the GNTP method for image handling...unfortunatly..Mac doesn't have GNTP support yet....

There are currently...3 Different ways to talk to Growl, which varies by OS (I could be wrong..this is what I got after doing a bit of research when implmenting this)

GNTP (supports everything, Windows only, Mac in Dev)
UDP (Windows / Mac) (does not support images, and callbacks)
Distrubuted Objects (Mac only)

So for Windows...I use GNTP , and for Mac I use UDP....as far as I know Distrubted Objects are not supported on the iPhone OS.... as stated here:

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/documentation/Miscellaneous/Conceptual/iPhoneOSTechOverview/PortingfromCocoa/PortingfromCocoa.html

And also I don't really have a Mac..what little testing I did, I was cause I installed OSX on my Toshiba laptop (doesn't run so good)

So not entirely sure how to progress for the Mac support on those guys...I would hope they finish up the GNTP support would make cross platform stuff that much easier.

Another possibility is ..when I finish the notify.io support...which is cross platform, and I figure out how to send images with that...it might solve the problem.

- johoja - 2010-01-27

zbuh Wrote:Its a windows Vista client... and no luck so far.
I've search a lot about this and notify.io seams to be the answer.

The cool thing is that notify.io was Mac only, but i've tested a windows client also Laugh

So with support from NotifyPro we get a lot of flexibility

You'll be happy to know...notify.io is now supported.

- m021478 - 2010-01-27

johoja Wrote:You'll be happy to know...notify.io is now supported.

Can you please let me know how I would go about setting up NotifyPro to work with notify.io?

I've already installed the client on my Mac and I have configured it to receive notifications from any notify.io source, but I am an end-user and have no developer experience whatsoever, and so I have no idea how to use notify.io in conjunction with NotifyPro to relay growl messages from my iPhone to my Mac.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

- zbuh - 2010-01-27

johoja Wrote:You'll be happy to know...notify.io is now supported.

Cool!
When its the NeXT release? Smile

- johoja - 2010-01-27

m021478 Wrote:Can you please let me know how I would go about setting up NotifyPro to work with notify.io?

I've already installed the client on my Mac and I have configured it to receive notifications from any notify.io source, but I am an end-user and have no developer experience whatsoever, and so I have no idea how to use notify.io in conjunction with NotifyPro to relay growl messages from my iPhone to my Mac.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

As you can see on the first page. I have not released A new version with notify.io support.

You could relay msgs directly to Growl though in the meantime.

- johoja - 2010-01-27

zbuh Wrote:Cool!
When its the NeXT release? Smile

Hopefully soon ... Still need to add licensing checks.

- Cloaky - 2010-01-27

johoja Wrote:Hopefully soon ... Still need to add licensing checks.

Damn, really looking forward for that update! Keep it up I am loving it so far.

- johoja - 2010-01-27

Cloaky Wrote:Damn, really looking forward for that update! Keep it up I am loving it so far.

Yeah....I only get a few an hour or two a day to work on it in the weekdays...day job takes up most of my time... Smile ...

- jackmeehan - 2010-01-28

I have a problem... My IP address regularly changes, i.e. one day it could be, say, 192.168.1.6 and the next it would be 192.168.1.5 etc.

Seen as notifypro connects through the IP, when my IP randomly changes, notifypro stops getting through to XBMC and I have to manually change the IP settings in the notifypro app.

Is there any way around this? Could a feature be included to automatically detect the XBMC server on my network?

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks johoja for an amazing app!!

- johoja - 2010-01-28

jackmeehan Wrote:I have a problem... My IP address regularly changes, i.e. one day it could be, say, 192.168.1.6 and the next it would be 192.168.1.5 etc.

Seen as notifypro connects through the IP, when my IP randomly changes, notifypro stops getting through to XBMC and I have to manually change the IP settings in the notifypro app.

Is there any way around this? Could a feature be included to automatically detect the XBMC server on my network?

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks johoja for an amazing app!!

Probably a lot easier just to give yourself a static ip...or tell your router to give that MAC address(that pc) a specific ip....

johoja Wrote:Probably a lot easier just to give yourself a static ip...or tell your router to give that MAC address(that pc) a specific ip....
Thanks for your reply.

Would that be Address Reservation? If so, that's perfect thanks very much!

Oh and a feature suggestion - When receiving an SMS, if there was an option to show to the recipient but hide the text body that would be great. I think alot of people would like this feature also.

Anyway, keep up the great work Smile

- johoja - 2010-01-28

jackmeehan Wrote:Oh and a feature suggestion - When receiving an SMS, if there was an option to show to the recipient but hide the text body that would be great. I think alot of people would like this feature also.

Anyway, keep up the great work Smile

There is an anonymize..but that will hide both the recipient, and the body.

- johoja - 2010-01-28

jackmeehan Wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Would that be Address Reservation? If so, that's perfect thanks very much!

Yes...i think it is..routers call it different things.