Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- jadtec - 2011-03-08

johoja Wrote:In Growl I would double check that the subscription to notify.io is still there, if it is...re-add it..? notify.io isn't the most stable unfortunately .... I haven't heard of any problems with it lately though...you can always use notifo.com...which also has a growl plugin, and is also supported by NP.

As for EG support as far as I know the video is accurate, and it's working fine. I think a bunch of the regulars on this thread have been using/are using it. If you can pastebin your syslog or provide some more details I can try and figure out where you went wrong.

Other than that, thanks for buying NP! Smile

syslog from my iphone?...

when i did set it up.. i set up both growl settings and notify.io settings on my iphone.. and two alerts came up at the same time when i would get a sms/mail etc... but now the notify.io alert doesnt show up.. i did manage to get the application back on the growl application section (the web notification) when i installed notifo.. but for some reason i got like 230 alerts consistently from notifo... only way to stop it was when i deleted the notifo subscription.. iono what happened there .. but i still dont get any alerts from notify.io.. but it does show up when i go to notify.io and log in..

also regarding the EG support.. i was talking about the link on the first page on how to set up EG does not work for me.. when i click on it.. nothing happens.. screentoaster.com/blahablahablah doesn't open to anything for me on firefox..

- johoja - 2011-03-08

jadtec Wrote:syslog from my iphone?...

Yes..

Quote:when i did set it up.. i set up both growl settings and notify.io settings on my iphone.. and two alerts came up at the same time when i would get a sms/mail etc... but now the notify.io alert doesnt show up.. i did manage to get the application back on the growl application section (the web notification)

How did you add notify.io to Growl..? There are a couple of ways you can get notify.io messages to display within Growl not all of them being equal.

Quote:when i installed notifo.. but for some reason i got like 230 alerts consistently from notifo... only way to stop it was when i deleted the notifo subscription.. iono what happened there .. but i still dont get any alerts from notify.io.. but it does show up when i go to notify.io and log in..

Were the notifo notifications looping over and over again? i.e same message.

Quote:also regarding the EG support.. i was talking about the link on the first page on how to set up EG does not work for me.. when i click on it.. nothing happens.. screentoaster.com/blahablahablah doesn't open to anything for me on firefox..

Damn, stupid screentoaster Sad i think they shutdown Sad. You basically have to add the webserver plugin in eventghost (comes by default just need to enable it) give it a directory (its on of the config parameters) , and in that directory you create a file called "empty" with no file extensions i.e) not empty.txt or anything just "empty" then you enter in the ip address and port you chose for that webserver in NP. It was a little un-intuituve which is why I made the video. If you need help you can email me and I'll do my best to walk you through it. [email protected]

- jadtec - 2011-03-08

johoja Wrote:Yes..

http://pastebin.com/nm0q25ke

johoja Wrote:How did you add notify.io to Growl..? There are a couple of ways you can get notify.io messages to display within Growl not all of them being equal.

i added it by downloading the listening URL from notify.io from the default desktop notifier from the outlets tab, which gave me a file and saved it on my desktop.. then i double clicked it and a growl alert popped up saying that notify.io outlet installed its now listening to etc. and i checked the network section on growl and i see it in there.. its checked and the Subscribe to notifcations from other computers is checked too.. thats how i installed it

johoja Wrote:Were the notifo notifications looping over and over again? i.e same message.

yes it was the same message looping over and over again..

johoja Wrote:Damn, stupid screentoaster Sad i think they shutdown Sad. You basically have to add the webserver plugin in eventghost (comes by default just need to enable it) give it a directory (its on of the config parameters) , and in that directory you create a file called "empty" with no file extensions i.e) not empty.txt or anything just "empty" then you enter in the ip address and port you chose for that webserver in NP. It was a little un-intuituve which is why I made the video. If you need help you can email me and I'll do my best to walk you through it. [email protected]

haha yeah.. alright ill try it out once i come back from school.. thank youuSmile

- x23piracy - 2011-03-09

Hi,

thanks for this great app (i hope the author is reading here).

I have a feature request, is it possible to support Dreambox (enigma2) as well?
To send messages to Dreambox similar like xbmc.

Look here: http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Enigma2:WebInterface#Message

The most interesting part is that Dreambox Messages can make request,
you can send an answer to the box (yes|no) for example:

Someone is calling and the message appears on the dreambox that ask me for
reject the call or not... great that would be cool.

Greetz X23

- johoja - 2011-03-09

x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

thanks for this great app (i hope the author is reading here).

I have a feature request, is it possible to support Dreambox (enigma2) as well?
To send messages to Dreambox similar like xbmc.

Look here: http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Enigma2:WebInterface#Message

The most interesting part is that Dreambox Messages can make request,
you can send an answer to the box (yes|no) for example:

Someone is calling and the message appears on the dreambox that ask me for
reject the call or not... great that would be cool.

Greetz X23

yes it's doable, email me.

- jadtec - 2011-03-10

notifo still doesnt work for me.. keeps sending me the same message over and over again.. and notify.io still isnt sending me alerts... weird

- johoja - 2011-03-10

jadtec Wrote:notifo still doesnt work for me.. keeps sending me the same message over and over again.. and notify.io still isnt sending me alerts... weird

Just tested notify.io -> growl works great no problems here. I'm guessing something is up with your Growl setup, did you try to remove the notify.io from the networks tab in growl and re-add it?

Same goes for notifo.com just tested and installed growl plugin from their website. No repeated messages here....do you have the notifo iPhone app installed by any chance?

- jadtec - 2011-03-12

johoja Wrote:Just tested notify.io -> growl works great no problems here. I'm guessing something is up with your Growl setup, did you try to remove the notify.io from the networks tab in growl and re-add it?

yeah i just tried it on my brothers laptop and it works on his.. its probably my computer.. gotta uninstall it and delete any files associated with growl.. hopefully that'll work...

johoja Wrote:Same goes for notifo.com just tested and installed growl plugin from their website. No repeated messages here....do you have the notifo iPhone app installed by any chance?

yeah i did have the notifo iphone app installed.. was that the cause?

- johoja - 2011-03-12

jadtec Wrote:yeah i did have the notifo iphone app installed.. was that the cause?

Most likely,

If you have PUSH enabled in NP settings for the notifo.com settings.

It will forward messages from ALL push messages to notifo.com , and if you have the notifo.com iphone app installed you'll get that same notification on your phone. NP will then forward that to notifo.com and start a loop.

Couple of ways you can handle this.

1) Disable push in NP settings
2) Uninstall notifo.com iphone app
3) There's a setting on the notifo.com website to only forward to desktops i.e) not to the phone.

- jadtec - 2011-03-12

johoja Wrote:Most likely,

If you have PUSH enabled in NP settings for the notifo.com settings.

It will forward messages from ALL push messages to notifo.com , and if you have the notifo.com iphone app installed you'll get that same notification on your phone. NP will then forward that to notifo.com and start a loop.

Couple of ways you can handle this.

1) Disable push in NP settings
2) Uninstall notifo.com iphone app
3) There's a setting on the notifo.com website to only forward to desktops i.e) not to the phone.

alright ill try that...

also i believe i solved my problem.. even after uninstalling growl it still didnt work.. but after i disabled AVG from the advanced settings that disabled all of the avg features.. notify.io alerts started to pop up again.. i then enabled AVG .. and notify.io alerts are still popping up.. which is weird since i did configure avg to allow growl notifications.. i guess AVG was confused :confused2: but yeah .. thanks for your help man.. really appreciate itSmile

Springboard crash - rcracer313 - 2011-04-13

Ok so I have got notify pro working correctly, running growl along with my 3GS running 4.2.1. Everything works fine, until my phone is idle for a while and I receive a phone call, at which point my springboard crashes. I know others have had this problem but I cant find a solution. Anyone have any ideas? I don't even have it set to alert me of incoming calls.

- johoja - 2011-04-13

rcracer313 Wrote:Ok so I have got notify pro working correctly, running growl along with my 3GS running 4.2.1. Everything works fine, until my phone is idle for a while and I receive a phone call, at which point my springboard crashes. I know others have had this problem but I cant find a solution. Anyone have any ideas? I don't even have it set to alert me of incoming calls.

Please either email me the syslog from the phone or pastebin it, I'll need to see the error message.

- rcracer313 - 2011-04-13

johoja Wrote:Please either email me the syslog from the phone or pastebin it, I'll need to see the error message.

I don't have the log my directory stops at /var/log and the folders in there are apt, asl, ppp, sa and then a kernel.log file.
I tried installing the syslodg tweak in cydia but i keep getting an error message

- johoja - 2011-04-13

rcracer313 Wrote:I don't have the log my directory stops at /var/log and the folders in there are apt, asl, ppp, sa and then a kernel.log file.
I tried installing the syslodg tweak in cydia but i keep getting an error message

You definatley need the syslogd installed via cydia for the syslog file to be generated.....what error do you get when you try to install that ?

I've never heard anyone having issues installing syslogd.....and the syslog file is really important for me to know why it's crashing. As far as I know 4.2.1 with an 3GS/4G iPhone works fine.

Which version of Notify Pro do you have....

Also there might be some log files in \var\logs\crashreporter --- they are usually not as helpful but I can take a look.

- rcracer313 - 2011-04-13

johoja Wrote:You definatley need the syslogd installed via cydia for the syslog file to be generated.....what error do you get when you try to install that ?

I've never heard anyone having issues installing syslogd.....and the syslog file is really important for me to know why it's crashing. As far as I know 4.2.1 with an 3GS/4G iPhone works fine.

Which version of Notify Pro do you have....

Also there might be some log files in \var\logs\crashreporter --- they are usually not as helpful but I can take a look.

Ok I've got it to install, I had previously removed the launch deamons for that but I reinstalled it now it works. Let me get the crash to occur and I will send you the log.