Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- jackmeehan - 2011-08-23

Rubeast Wrote:The app is working great! (used the instructions on redmondpie)
I have been looking forever for an application like this!

When I receive an SMS it shows perfectly and really fast in Google Talk.
However I have one problem:
When I reply, this reply is not send at all.
How can I configure this?
Is this maybe carrier specific? (I'm from Belgium)
Maybe it's been fixed in the newer versions but I had to reboot the iPhone before replies would work. It's worth a try!

- johoja - 2011-08-24

Rubeast Wrote:The app is working great! (used the instructions on redmondpie)
I have been looking forever for an application like this!

When I receive an SMS it shows perfectly and really fast in Google Talk.
However I have one problem:
When I reply, this reply is not send at all.
How can I configure this?
Is this maybe carrier specific? (I'm from Belgium)

First things first make sure you are on the latest version via Cydia.

Goto the website, and click the gears icon and click the Test Connection icon, if that suceeds, then you should carry on with mailing me your syslog. (info below)

If that doesn't work then most likely you have an issue wtih notifo, eitehr you did not install the iphone app, and login on the app , or the api key you entered in desksms is incorrect.

Syslog info:
I'll need to see your syslog from your phone, it should be in /var/log -- if its not there you'll need to install syslogd reboot, and then try to use the website to send yourself a text message and then you should

- Kimball - 2011-08-24

johoja Wrote:It's run by someone else, but he helped / made DeskSMS. Plus he gives me a cut for making the iPhone version (he made the Android one)

Ah alright then! Then I guess I cant ask you to implement a "pop up" to the firefox plugin when a text message is recieved then :/ Cant seem to find that developers mail or such either.

Once again, awesome work!

- johoja - 2011-08-24

Kimball Wrote:Ah alright then! Then I guess I cant ask you to implement a "pop up" to the firefox plugin when a text message is recieved then :/ Cant seem to find that developers mail or such either.

Once again, awesome work!

His twitter is @koush.

- Rubeast - 2011-08-24

johoja Wrote:First things first make sure you are on the latest version via Cydia.

I'm using DeskSMS 1.0.7 from Cydia. (BigBoss repo)
In which repo can I find a newer version?

- johoja - 2011-08-24

Rubeast Wrote:I'm using DeskSMS 1.0.7 from Cydia. (BigBoss repo)
In which repo can I find a newer version?

That's the latest.

- Rubeast - 2011-08-24

johoja Wrote:First things first make sure you are on the latest version via Cydia.

Goto the website, and click the gears icon and click the Test Connection icon, if that suceeds, then you should carry on with mailing me your syslog. (info below)

If that doesn't work then most likely you have an issue wtih notifo, eitehr you did not install the iphone app, and login on the app , or the api key you entered in desksms is incorrect.

Syslog info:
I'll need to see your syslog from your phone, it should be in /var/log -- if its not there you'll need to install syslogd reboot, and then try to use the website to send yourself a text message and then you should

Ok. I've got it working.
- Tried the Test Connection > failed
- Rebooted, tried the Test Connection again > failed
- Installed syslog to check the log file and rebooted.
On reboot it tested the connection again > succesfull
Not that the installation of syslog solved the problem, but I'm guessing I should have been more patient after the reboot.

Really really love the app!
Are you guys all using the DeskSMS website?
Looks nice. But maybe someone knows something even better?
Is there maybe an application so you can receive a popup on the PC?
Don't like the GTalk option much since it doesn't show the name in the overview and you have to accept each new number.

Other then that. Keep up the good work!

- johoja - 2011-08-24

Rubeast Wrote:Ok. I've got it working.
- Tried the Test Connection > failed
- Rebooted, tried the Test Connection again > failed
- Installed syslog to check the log file and rebooted.
On reboot it tested the connection again > succesfull
Not that the installation of syslog solved the problem, but I'm guessing I should have been more patient after the reboot.

Really really love the app!
Are you guys all using the DeskSMS website?
Looks nice. But maybe someone knows something even better?
Is there maybe an application so you can receive a popup on the PC?
Don't like the GTalk option much since it doesn't show the name in the overview and you have to accept each new number.

Other then that. Keep up the good work!

Awesome, glad it's working either way! I'll probably making changes to not have to re-spring. But that's probably down the line.

- Rubeast - 2011-08-27

Is there a way to mark a message as 'read' on the iphone when you open it in DeskSMS?

- johoja - 2011-08-28

Rubeast Wrote:Is there a way to mark a message as 'read' on the iphone when you open it in DeskSMS?

I'll probably be adding that in the future.

- RichMR2 - 2011-08-28

I can't get NP to work with XBMC... Have I missed something?

Have the latest build of XBMC live, iPhone 4.0.1 and the latest NP (purchased, installed and activated a few hours ago).

Set up the xbmc options with the ip address of the xbmc box, the username (no password on box so left it blank). But whenever I get a call, sms, email or whatever nothing happens on XBMC.

Is there an addon for XBMC I also need?

I can't find any guides on this at all. The videos linked to no longer exist... Any and all help would be much appreciated. All I want to be able to do is know when my phone is ringing or I receive a message because 90% of the time it's on charge in another room.

- johoja - 2011-08-28

RichMR2 Wrote:I can't get NP to work with XBMC... Have I missed something?

Have the latest build of XBMC live, iPhone 4.0.1 and the latest NP (purchased, installed and activated a few hours ago).

Set up the xbmc options with the ip address of the xbmc box, the username (no password on box so left it blank). But whenever I get a call, sms, email or whatever nothing happens on XBMC.

Is there an addon for XBMC I also need?

I can't find any guides on this at all. The videos linked to no longer exist... Any and all help would be much appreciated. All I want to be able to do is know when my phone is ringing or I receive a message because 90% of the time it's on charge in another room.

Your phone needs to be on the same network as XBM i.e) wifi? Make sure of that. Nothign else is needed in terms of addons, etc.

Email me your syslog if you are still having issues, and I'll take a look.

- RichMR2 - 2011-08-28

It's all on the same network etc. Works fine on the PC with growl just isn't popping anything up on XBMC. Maybe it's the skin? I'll keep trying for now (been away from XBMC for a few years so just getting back to grips with it)... If all else fails I'll come back for more help.

Just didn't want it to be something stupid like forgetting to install an addon or something.

Edit: Problem solved. No clue what it was but I deleted and entered them again and it works perfectly. Now to find some more awesome little add ons

- Rubeast - 2011-08-30

My iPhone does crash often since I've been using DeskSMS.
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 and the latest version of DeskSMS.

Do you needs logs? > If so: Which?

- johoja - 2011-08-30

Rubeast Wrote:My iPhone does crash often since I've been using DeskSMS.
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 and the latest version of DeskSMS.

Do you needs logs? > If so: Which?

Email me the syslog please.

/var/log/syslog. And maybe a description of what you were doing when it crashed.