Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows? (/showthread.php?tid=65700)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- aXeR - 2010-01-28

Thanks, I'll do this!

Is Macroblocking something thats likely to be fixable?

- toker - 2010-01-28

I'm currently using XBMCSetup-Rev26880-gl.exe on Windows 7 x86 with the latest Broadcom drivers 3.1.0.

XBMC currently plays .mkv (.H264), .m2ts (.H264), .avi (Xvid / DivX) content and offloads to Crystal HD. My Atom CPU is only running at 18-30% when playing 1080p (.H264). Although, 1Gb .mkv TV Ep shruggles to play.

.wmv (VC-1 with DTS5) files just crashes XBMC but there is sound.

Anyone got .wmv to play using Broadcom Crystal HD?

- andye26 - 2010-01-28

Hi
Anyone having audio sync issues?
I have a digital amp so have the audio 0.75 ms ahead which has worked fine for all builds until I enable crystal hd
I only have one 1080p mkv and it plays ok 20% cpu if I check the osd video info i can see a/d 0.075 a/v 0.012 which is ok.
When I play a 720p mkv movie i get a/d 0.075 a/v 0.202...Why is the a/v at 200 ms?
If I set output to weave a/v drops back to 0.010 and is back in sync all other options other than weave mess up a/v.
Is it something that I am doing wrong?

Tried various builds all give the same result

Thanks in advance.
Andy

- v0lrath - 2010-01-29

andye26 Wrote:Hi

Yes, just installed the card and rev26880 and I am getting audio off by about .2 second on some (maybe half) of my HD videos.
It looks like this is the exact same issue andy is having. Using Weave for deinterlacing fixes the issue, but degrades video quality. Also, the A/V sync goes from .17-.24, so setting the audio delay for each individual video is not only annoying, but the it still doesn't sync perfectly.

I'm using an Acer Revo 1600 with Windows 7 64-bit. I'm using the 3.1.0 drivers, which look like they were released recently. Maybe those of you with prior versions who are not having the problem could post your drivers for me to test.

I've also found at least one 720 video that won't play at all. The sound plays, but the screen stays on my video library.
I found another 720p video that would play, but was extremely choppy, as though the Crystal HD card was not being used at all.

Viewing Pictures - tolax - 2010-01-29

I'm also seeing some audio sync issues - for me though seems most prominent on 1080P .ts files (which thankfully I only have a few)

I am having an issue with viewing pictures though. Images are .jpg and .nef from a D90. Look fine in thumbnail mode but when you do the slideshow it seems to just scale up the thumbnail, and therefore is incredibly blocky. The slideshow also continually repeats the same image. Worked fine in XBMC Live

Revo 1600, XBMCSetup-Rev26880-gl.exe on Windows 7 x86 with the latest Broadcom drivers 3.1.0.

Any one know a source for later GL builds? Ikon does not seem to be creating them any more.

Tolax

- Kali - 2010-01-29

davilla Wrote:Use MediaInfo, there's a version for all platforms (osx, linux, windows). MediaInfo is the first thing I use when investigating probematic video files as it gives me a way to qualify the video encoding method.

i got similar problem as aXeR, with the same video (Cavaliere Oscuro is The Dark Knight translated into Italian)

this is the mediainfo output
http://pastebin.com/m70c88902

- daverx7 - 2010-01-30

Thanks in advance.
Andy
Looks like I am #4 having the .2 seconds off on AV sync. With me joining in on the same problem, let me know if you want me to provide any specific info from my environment.

Thanks,

-D

- ashlar - 2010-01-30

Installed today on my HTPC. I am under Windows 7 x64, so I installed the x64 driver.
With ikons latest GL build, 26880, this clearly is not ready for prime time. Not that anybody ever said it was. But it had problems with the majority of files. I'm not sure if, at this stage, Davilla or Wiso would appreciate detailed debugging, media info, etc.

I've also had no luck using it with MPC-HC, so I'd be really grateful for some help in that regard (a private message, as here we'd be seriously off-topic).

Lastly, I'm using it on a standard ATX board, with an adapter for PCI-E 1x. Drivers install was perfect, no problems.

- HexusOdy - 2010-01-30

ashlar Wrote:Installed today on my HTPC. I am under Windows 7 x64, so I installed the x64 driver.
With ikons latest GL build, 26880, this clearly is not ready for prime time. Not that anybody ever said it was. But it had problems with the majority of files. I'm not sure if, at this stage, Davilla or Wiso would appreciate detailed debugging, media info, etc.

I've also had no luck using it with MPC-HC, so I'd be really grateful for some help in that regard (a private message, as here we'd be seriously off-topic).

Lastly, I'm using it on a standard ATX board, with an adapter for PCI-E 1x. Drivers install was perfect, no problems.

Must be an x64 or Win 7 problem as I'm running it on a Atom 270 with 1gb and Win XP and don't have any problems.

Using Ikons latest build I haven't had any issues.

- aXeR - 2010-01-30

I don't think it can be a Win 7 issue as a few people are using it, could be a 64bit issue though?

- andye26 - 2010-01-30

Hi
Could be a windows 7 problem as I am also on win7 32bit
What version of broadcom drivers are you using?
I am on 3.1.0

Regards
Andy

PS @tolax checked my pictures all seem to be okay.

- aXeR - 2010-01-30

My complete setup is as follows:

O/S: Win 7 Pro 64bit
System: Aopem MP45-DR
XBMC Build: Ikon Rev26880-gl.exe
Cyrstal Driver: 3.1.0 64bit

I've only checked a handfull of content but out of what I've checked, DVD rips are fine, 720p seems fine too but 1080p I get terribly macoblocking and possibly some screen tearing too!

- ashlar - 2010-01-30

Could be a windows 7 problem as I am also on win7 32bit
What version of broadcom drivers are you using?
I am on 3.1.0
3.1.0 for me as well. Win7 64bit with 64bit Broadcom driver.

- andye26 - 2010-01-30

aXeR ..Have you no audio sync problems? If you select video info third line down, what is your a/v setting and does it change if you adjust interlacing settings from none to bob to weave

Win7 32bit Home
XBMC Build 26495

I only have one 1080p movie and it plays perfect interlace handling has no effect on it always in sync...odd?

Andy

- Therms - 2010-01-31

ashlar Wrote:Installed today on my HTPC. I am under Windows 7 x64, so I installed the x64 driver.

I've tried dozens of files so far...most of them 1080p AVC L4.1 but a smattering of 720p files. I've got one giving me problems so far.

Win7 64-bit
latest broadcom 64-bit drivers
ikons latest GL build