Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - outleradam - 2010-01-02

This thread is closed. Please visit the support thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644

mythicalLibrarian -the missing symlink

mythicalLibrarian builds your library from your iTivo and MythTV recordings.

Installation instructions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythicalLibrarian
Problem reports:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=470402#post470402

mythicalLibrarian has the following features
  • Renames episodes to the standard show name-Sxx.Exx (Episode Title).ext
  • Renames MythTV movies to Movie name (year).ext
  • Generates and manages commercial skipping files for XBMC to use
  • Sends a notification to the Ubuntu GNOME desktop
  • Sends a notification to multiple XBMC's UI
  • Updates XBMC's Library
I am accepting donations at my sourceforge page as a way to justify the time I spend on this project to my girlfriend: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythicallibrari/

Email instead of Gnome notification; No info found - pinthenet - 2010-01-02

congratulations again! The new script is very good. I also use it with get_iPlayer downloads using
Code:
-command /home/mythtv/mythicalLibrarian/mythicalLibrarian.sh
"<name>" "<episode>" "<filename>"
(or it can be added to the get_iplayer options file).

As I'm using mythicalLibrarian on a Mythtv backend I would prefer to use email notification instead of desktop. Could you 'centralise' the notification definiton so that it's possible to select email notification or desktop notification? I'm going to make a simple local change for the same effect - I'll let you know what I did, if you don't beat meWink

A minor request - I had some TV Show recordings this morning with no episode information so it couldn't find a TVDB entry, and couldn't find it as a Movie. This resulted in a file in the movie folder with only the year in brackets as name. It would be good if it used (eg) the Title name with sequence number, or perhaps just an error result (or put it in the failsafe or alternate folder)?

Thanks again
Jôhn

- outleradam - 2010-01-02

I would be interested in seeing what you come up with. The Ubuntu notifications are handled in a separate file, /usr/local/bin/librarian-notify-send. The reason I elected to run it like this is because I could not get around having to use the sudo -u command in order to become the desktop user and send a notification to the desktop user's notification bubble.

If there is a better way of performing a notification from the non-GNOME Desktop user rather then using a
Code:
sudo -u $username librarian-notify-send "title" "message" "info"
I'm all ears mang.

You can find the librarian-notify-send script here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythicallibrari/files/mythicalLibrarianBeta/librarian-notify-send/download

I would love to make it a single script with no secondary scripts.

BASH2 will not allow sudo commands for functions and a sudo su command drops the script out. sudo FunctionName returns command not found. The major limitation is BASH itself. I'm sure these limitations are for security purposes. It may be possible to create a function to generate a new script from within the program, then make it executable, then run it, however that would not be very clean and I feel that I'm already pushing the limits of clean programming with using the sudo command to start with and have made it clear in the wiki that it is a security risk.

- outleradam - 2010-01-03

Added multiple XBMC notificiation functionality. You can now add multiple XBMC media centers by grabbing the newest version and modifying the line in the program to read
Code:
XBMCIPs=( "192.168.1.110:8080 192.168.1.111:8080 XBOX:8080" )

- pinthenet - 2010-01-03

I'm afraid I'll have to let you down.... I decided to reactivate my perl script that I mentioned in an earlier post, as I'm more at home there. Also I have some language selection requirements. I live in Switzerland and my XMLTV EPG data includes entries in German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Croation..., so I've added an 'input language' option based on the channel ID from Myth. I look up the corresponding language in a text file then use that when connecting to TheTVDB using the TVDB::API module. I would also like to be able to define the output language (eg lookup in German, but use the English episode name), but there seem to be some odd issues with TVDB::API if I try to switch.

If no channel ID is specified it uses a default language value or the language can be sepcified on the command line, so I can still handle non-Myth files.

I would like to add some of your other useful features - I'm amazed how quickly you've implemented your scripts, not sure how long I'll need.

I also thought about a feature to create .nfo files from the EPG information for recordings that can't be found in the TV or Movie DBs.

I'd like to get the script to a state that it can be released for general use, see how it goes...

John

I don't understand. You are challenging me? The next version of mythicalLibrarian will be generating as much NFO information as possible upon non-movie failure to get information. I have not found a way to identify language.

- tim- - 2010-01-03

outleradam Wrote:Added multiple XBMC notificiation functionality. You can now add multiple XBMC media centers by grabbing the newest version and modifying the line in the program to read
Code:
XBMCIPs=( "192.168.1.110:8080 192.168.1.111:8080 XBOX:8080" )

Awesome, I am planning to give this a try this afternoon sometime.

Just hold up on that. I just found a problem with the comskip tracking. If a folder like a NAS becomes disconnected, it will remove the entire comskip tracking for that folder. I'm working to test it now.

- pinthenet - 2010-01-03

Oh dear,Blush no I'm not challenging, just sharing ideas...

It's ok, I just didn't understand.

Problem was corrected.

- outleradam - 2010-01-08

New version released. Many small tweaks. No major changes in this version. Clearer debug logs and messages. Easier access for new users.

- tim- - 2010-01-09

outleradam: I finally had a chance to set this up today. I have a few jobs running over the next hour and we'll see how it goes.

I think your wiki page needs a little cleaning up (still refers to MythSExx on one line) but other than that it seemed easy enough to get going. Also, there is a screenshot with some labels that doesnt have a larger version so its too small to actually read.

- jaygardner - 2010-01-09

just a clarification on difference between MythSExx and mythicalLibrarian...

both move shows & optionally do notifications, but ML also does movies, ML also moves commercial files. & ML does airtime matching if the fuzzy logic match fails. anything significant i'm leaving out?

a question - if you delete a show from within xbmc, is ML doing any cleanup so that all of the files on the myth box (symlink, pngs), the actual video file (wherever it is as a result of the move), & all of the commercial files get deleted or is there manual clean up needed?

Also, should the mythconverg database detect this deletion?

what would be the recommended way to delete files if not through xbmc... personally, i'm not a fan of letting stuff just age out - i'd rather explicitly delete it when done with it...

thanks, jay

- theophile - 2010-01-09

Just to nitpick the thread title, archiving DVR recordings is just as illegal as downloading them from the interwebs. Wink

- outleradam - 2010-01-09

Not if you keep them rotating and you are not reproducing them nor using them for purposes other then your own entertainment. I generate 30 gigs a day and have storage for 25 days