Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- finite3 - 2010-03-24

Creedo Wrote:Ahh... Great, thank you.

Now it works using the hdmi, but no change using the VGA-port. I was hoping to use my VGA-port because I have only one hdmi in my TV and was already using it. I know my TV supports 1280x768 through the VGA so why will XBMC only let me choose 1024x768.

Sorry - you'll have to google how to set up your VGA output as well.
For VGA I think you WILL have to set up modelines in your xorg.conf.

The mythtv modeline database is sometimes a help. It is equally valid for xbmc:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Modeline_Database

- dkun - 2010-03-24

Hi.

Where can I download the latest NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD?

- NotShorty - 2010-03-24

dkun Wrote:Hi.

Where can I download the latest NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD?

You were able to get it from the 2nd post, but it looks like the latest updates to that post were lost with the recent lightning strike...

Go here instead:
http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/?lang=en

NS

- dkun - 2010-03-24

Is xbmcfreak911livev13 the latest version?

- NotShorty - 2010-03-24

dkun Wrote:Is xbmcfreak911livev13 the latest version?

From the site:
"I’m no longer producing Nvidia ION optimized versions. If you want to continue the latest improvements you should consider the generic xbmclive freak. The generic version contains a script that will automatically detect Nvidia ION chips. If one found a bunch of additional scripts will be loaded to give you the flavor needed."

v13 works great for me though.

NS

- dkun - 2010-03-25

Thanx for the info!

- akademiks - 2010-03-25

I have a question, and sorry if this is the wrong place.. But I have an Acer AspireRevo that I'd like to install XBMC LIVE to, but I have media stored on the hard drive.
Is there any way to keep all of my files but run XBMC from another partition or something, so I can load those files from the HDD when in XBMC live?

response to question - beagleboy - 2010-03-25

akademiks - if you follow the install process on the LiveCD one of the options will be to resize the existing partition. This will leave all of your files intact and you will be able to access them on their partition by setting up a source in XBMC. Hope this helps BB

- furii - 2010-03-25

does the latest live cd still use sabnzbd 0.4.12 or has it been upgraded to 0.5.0? i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so i'm assuming it is still on the old version.

- erhnam - 2010-03-25

furii Wrote:does the latest live cd still use sabnzbd 0.4.12 or has it been upgraded to 0.5.0? i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so i'm assuming it is still on the old version.

You'll have to wait for 10.05 for this..

- houlty - 2010-03-25

hi guys, i'm using this on my aspire revo witha panasonic veira, but through hdmi its only detecting 720p, when my tv is 1080p (for definite).

also, in bog standard 720p mode it overscans quite a bit, which i can correct using the overscan setup in 'video calibration', but this them leads to issues with alaska revisited and text at the edges overlapping (at least i'm guessing thats the cause, as the overlapping doesnt occur on my main pc)...

so, is there anyway to force 1080p mode??

thanks,

houlty.

- NotShorty - 2010-03-25

akademiks Wrote:I have a question, and sorry if this is the wrong place.. But I have an Acer AspireRevo that I'd like to install XBMC LIVE to, but I have media stored on the hard drive.
Is there any way to keep all of my files but run XBMC from another partition or something, so I can load those files from the HDD when in XBMC live?

My approach (and my recommendation)

Run XBMC Live from a USB drive in "persistent" mode using unetbootin, and configure it to mount your local hard drive by removing the "nodiskmount" command. Sorry, no quick reference for how to do this, but it's not that hard. Search around these forums...

NS

- akademiks - 2010-03-26

beagleboy Wrote:akademiks - if you follow the install process on the LiveCD one of the options will be to resize the existing partition. This will leave all of your files intact and you will be able to access them on their partition by setting up a source in XBMC. Hope this helps BB

Well I have an Acer AspireRevo and no CD drive, so I've been trying to boot it from USB for the last bit, and I haven't been able to find any option to allow me to resize my partition and install XBMCLive on a separate one.

I just went through hell installing Ubuntu for XBMCbuntu, dealing with those command lines and nothing booting, then having to recover my MBR.
I'm gonna give this one more go, but I still haven't found any way to separate my XBMC install from my Windows 7.

- Starstream - 2010-03-26

houlty Wrote:hi guys, i'm using this on my aspire revo witha panasonic veira, but through hdmi its only detecting 720p, when my tv is 1080p (for definite).

also, in bog standard 720p mode it overscans quite a bit, which i can correct using the overscan setup in 'video calibration', but this them leads to issues with alaska revisited and text at the edges overlapping (at least i'm guessing thats the cause, as the overlapping doesnt occur on my main pc)...

so, is there anyway to force 1080p mode??

thanks,

houlty.

Turn off overscan in the settings menu on the Panasonic TV, dont know about the 1080p issue you 100% positive it is check model number through Google to find native resolution of display.

- TxDot - 2010-03-26

akademiks Wrote:Well I have an Acer AspireRevo and no CD drive, so I've been trying to boot it from USB for the last bit, and I haven't been able to find any option to allow me to resize my partition and install XBMCLive on a separate one.

I just went through hell installing Ubuntu for XBMCbuntu, dealing with those command lines and nothing booting, then having to recover my MBR.
I'm gonna give this one more go, but I still haven't found any way to separate my XBMC install from my Windows 7.
I had what sounds like the same situation. Check out my posts in this thread.