Kodi Community Forum
3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? (/showthread.php?tid=66970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- robl45 - 2011-12-06

RedirecTv Wrote:hey robl45

yes that's what I meant. It only does this with xbmc or navi-x, running it from my tv's usb or LMC I get the full 3D view. Only 3D movies do this, regular movies are fine also.

hmm thats different than me, 3d plays fine for me, its only animated 3d movies that get messed up on the sides and not all of them do that.

disable overscan - z00b - 2012-01-09

I used to have the following problems when playing 3D movies with my passive LG 3DTV with XBMC using an ATI 4850HD graphics card:
(it seems similar to some of the problems the last posts describe)
- the two images seemed too separated. I could still see 3D but it seemed a bit weird and it was tiring to watch. Without the glasses I could clearly see the two images overlapped but separated by at least 5cm. When playing directly with the TV, it was more like one blurry image.
- 3 cm or so on each side were black when using the glasses, making the 3D image smaller. This did not happen when playing directly with the TV.

I eventually found out that it was a problem linked to underscan/overscan of the TV - Graphics card.
I solved the problem as follows.
- On the computer, I disabled undescan/overscan (setting it to 0).
- On the TV, in the aspect ratio settings, I found a setting called "just scan".

It seems you cannot use the overscan compensation of the graphics card to play 3D movies.

Now the 3D is perfect.

- RavenNL - 2012-01-16

I was unable to watch 3d movies with an external player in XBMC unfortunately.

But I found the following method that works great with the normal xbmc player. Please see this thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=990965#post990965

- glauber.herbert - 2012-01-17

Somebody managed the patch to work with MacOSX version of XBMC?
If no, how can i help with this modification?

- glauber.herbert - 2012-01-20

No one can compile the modification for MacOSX?

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-25

Hey,

I've just got some 3d movies and our first 3d tv Smile however xbmc doesn't play the files correctly... So I've read the thread and it seems the advice is to use xbmc plus MPC?

I've got bluray discs and my backups and some sbs sample files such as trailers etc and none seem to work correctly in xbmc?

Is there a way for xbmc to play these files (sbs) rather than having to use MPC?

Thanks,

- philipacentaur - 2012-01-25

Most 3D TVs need to be manually put in 3D mode for side-by-side/over-under content. I'm assuming that you've tried that already, but I could be wrong.

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-25

philipacentaur Wrote:Most 3D TVs need to be manually put in 3D mode for side-by-side/over-under content. I'm assuming that you've tried that already, but I could be wrong.

Hi,

Yea I have an LG passive 3D HDTV and when I use xbmc to ply an SBS file, the tv detects the sample as a normal 2d source and only offeres me the option to enable the 2d to 3d conversaion?

Strange?

- Jtl6060 - 2012-02-01

My work around is I've set up 2 profiles in XBMC. One for all my media and content. The other strictly for 3D sbs movies. Since XBMC uses standard monitor settings I've re adjusted the video settings in my main profile to fit my screen perfectly. Then in my 3d profile I would get to the video adjustment screen and turn on my sbs setting on my tv and put my glasses on. Then would adjust the screen with my glasses so that all to white bars just barely disappear Works perfectly for both profiles. Hope this helps someone

- snelvuur - 2012-03-02

is there any 3d movie out there that is designed to "tune" your 3d screen? So simply turn on that movie and it would show lines and 3d images and give suggestions on what needs changing. I noticed that out of the box xbmc usually is close to 3d, but when you change the screen and start stretching/changing/shrinking it really can screw up your 3d image.

I have a 21:9 tv and this does not allow me to just "easilly" change everything it seems.

- PatrickBateman - 2012-03-02

snelvuur Wrote:is there any 3d movie out there that is designed to "tune" your 3d screen? So simply turn on that movie and it would show lines and 3d images and give suggestions on what needs changing. I noticed that out of the box xbmc usually is close to 3d, but when you change the screen and start stretching/changing/shrinking it really can screw up your 3d image.

I have a 21:9 tv and this does not allow me to just "easilly" change everything it seems.

That would actually be a gret tool.
An AVS calibrations disc SBS version... I'd buy that Nod

I'm having trouble with top and bottom videos lately, they seem to run a bit jerky while sbs are fine? Weird, but as I only have trailers in top and bottom it's not big deal... Anyone else having trouble with top and bottom?

RE: 3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? - davy39 - 2012-03-23

Hi,
I've a LG passive 3D TV and would like to play nativly 3D movies (SideBySide an OverUnder) in XBMC, ie without have to change my TV settings.
The way to do this is to play the movie directly in interlaced mode (not SbS or OU), and so there is no problem with subtitles.

To do that, I've applied video filters to mplayer as external player editing .xbmc/UserData/playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="SideBySide" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>/usr/bin/mplayer</filename>
     <args>"{1}" -fs -vf ilpack,fil=i,dsize=1920:1080,scale=1920:1080:1 -vo vdpau −vc ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffh264vdpau,</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
   <player name="OverUnder" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>/usr/bin/mplayer</filename>
     <args>"{1}" -fs -vf ilpack,il=i,dsize=1920:1080,scale=1920:1080:1 -vo vdpau −vc ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffh264vdpau,</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*SBS.*" player="SideBySide"/>
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*halfOU.*" player="OverUnder"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

It works as it should, but the problem is that I loose XBMC OSD which is fine (and my family begin to be used to it...) and more important I loose the use of my TV remote controling XBMC via libcec.

Does anyone know if there is a way to implement this function to native XBMC DVDPlayer ?

Thanks
Davy

RE: 3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? - JvdMeer - 2012-03-23

I have here also a Prodigy player, it is not perfect but can easily play 3D and also the subtitles.
If I could code it myself I would make it but if only the subtitle could be fixed iám happy.
When the TV is jumping to 3D is nice to have but not needed right now.

Saw that there was a fix fore version 10, if for 11 plugin could be created we are all happy here 

RE: 3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? - giaur - 2012-03-29

You can try Bino3D xbmc plugin: http://bino3d.org/download.html - I'm going to test this in near future

RE: 3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? - noeikujoo - 2012-04-09

Hi!

I have used this 3D patch in XBMC 10.1 Dharma to get subtitles show corretcly in 3D -> https://gist.github.com/244af9c006c12e0a8664.

I just got this patch to work with XBMC 11.0 Eden. I also added 3D parallax adjustment for subtitles. The new patch can be downloaded from here.