Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- zteifel - 2010-11-09

when i try my compiled version of dharma beta4 with spotify support i cant get movie or music information to work. Everytime i try to get movie information, either manual or by adding a folder to the library i get segmentationfault with nothing about the incident in the logfile.

Any idea?

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-09

zteifel Wrote:when i try my compiled version of dharma beta4 with spotify support i cant get movie or music information to work. Everytime i try to get movie information, either manual or by adding a folder to the library i get segmentationfault with nothing about the incident in the logfile.

Any idea?

Are you sure that this is because the spotify patch? Try compiling without. Also try get a backtrace with GDB

- zteifel - 2010-11-09

both Dharma beta4 compiled from source and from SVN PPA works. After i compiled without spotify the spotify version got broken, i am compiling xbmc with spotify once again to get traceback from gdb.

Thx for your quick answer!

- zteifel - 2010-11-09

What am I doing wrong now? I compiled again but it still doesnt work.

Code:
zteifel@zzteifel-htpc:~/Dharma_beta4$ ./xbmc.bin
./xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libspotify.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried reinstalling libspotify, but that didnt help either. Just to make clear, the only thing you have to do is to "sudo make install" right?

- zteifel - 2010-11-09

everything appears to have been solved. I downloaded everything once again and complied.

i installed libspotify by "sudo make install prefix=/usr/" instead of "sudo make install prefix=/usr/local"

Thx for helping out

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-10

zteifel Wrote:Thx for helping out

Well I didn't do much!

Glad you got it working. You must have messed a file up somewhere. `svn st` is always handy to check nothing has been inadvertedly touched!

- scalpel - 2010-11-10

Why spotify patch isn't default in xbmc? Is this because legal issues?

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-10

scalpel Wrote:Why spotify patch isn't default in xbmc? Is this because legal issues?

I'm not too sure, libspotify is MIT licensed.

It's possible they want plugins for this kind of thing and don't want to have specific code for services in the main codebase. (although again, last.fm has been in there for a while).

- spiff - 2010-11-10

yes, it's the way it's integrated we don't like. we'll be providing the necessary extension points in eden. and fyi, yes, this will also rip lastfm from the core.

- topfs2 - 2010-11-10

lordmozilla Wrote:I'm not too sure, libspotify is MIT licensed.

It's possible they want plugins for this kind of thing and don't want to have specific code for services in the main codebase. (although again, last.fm has been in there for a while).

neither libspotify or openspotify is MIT. Former is spotify's license which isn't really good for bundleing with xbmc (as we can't or won't support certain parts of the EULA)

the latter is BSD.

Finally as spiff says, these problems goes away (kindof) when you can add it as a binary add on

- lon_ - 2010-11-10

Anyone tried to make this work using libspotify 0.0.4 or 0.0.6?

- momoski - 2010-11-13

I have installed the latest xbmcfreak live version, I believe it was 10 beta 2. I have tried the xbmc from spotifyxmbc from azekeke: didn't work in combination with libspotify 0.0.6.
Tried it again with libspotify 0.0.3. No success.
Tried it again with the several pages about compiling xbmc with libspotify. No success.

I can't find a single page which provides a clear step-by-step including all links to the appropriate versions etc. to make spotify work in XBMC (Live from xbmcfreak).

Maybe there is a page, please tell me which one. I am a linux noob.

The best option would be a step by step guide that also considers the latest versions of all the software. So the latest xbmc build, the latest libspotify etc. I am dying to get it to work. HELP

Thanks for any replies.

- akezeke - 2010-11-14

Hi

I have updated the patch so it aplies clean on revision 35256.
I have also updated the readme with install instructions.

There are still the question whether this will be an addon.

The answers is that YES, I will create an addon later when it is possible to create such addons. And I will not do it before that in the means of a python solution.

The main reasons for this are:
  • I dont have much spare time, I want to reuse as much of the code as possible.
  • I dont know pyhton good enough.
  • The current addon structure dont allow for tight library integration the way spotyxbmc works now, and I want that Smile

@lordmozilla Thank you for helping out with install instructions!

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc
/David

- Puffytroll - 2010-11-14

Hi.

I have now successfully compiled and installed Xbmc with spotify support. I followed lordmozillas guide, but when I start xbmc, and goes to Music library, there is no spotify there. I dont know why, i got no errors when compiling. I was running Xbmc Live Dharma beta 4, but when spotify didn't show ut, i belived that i was still using the orginal Xbmc, so i uninstalled all of it.

So right now my xbmclive install is broken :p

Can someone please tell me how i can install/compile my own Xbmc in XbmcLive?

Sry for my bad english Tongue

- momoski - 2010-11-14

I have the same issue here. I tried the updated readme instructions (thank you for that) but couldn't succeed. Everything compiled well, but no Spotify. I tried to follow all the output of the make process. I am not sure, but I think that somehow the libspotify library was not compiled with xbmc. There was a line that said: Entering directory ../../cores/paplayer. After that I saw the compiler pick up all the cpp files, but not spotifyCodec.cpp. I am a noob, but I think it shouldve picked that file too in the make process.

The patch was applied succesfully, at least with no errors. What am I doing wrong here. How can I check that libspotify is installed correctly and how do I check if spotify interfaces are compiled with xbmc?