Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- stigroar - 2010-11-19

Puffytroll Wrote:You need to use nano instead of gedit.... Gedit needs a GUI to run.

nano ./xbmc/spotinterface.cpp

Thanks again, Puffytroll... I'm starting to feel quite stupid now. But how the heck to I add my API key to the file?!

I have received my key, but cannot find anywhere to type it..

EDIT: Since I have to leave for a few hours, I might as well ask about the next step immediately...
Quote:9. Install all XBMC dependencies listed in the corresponding readme file.
What is the corresponding readme file, and how do I install the XBMC dependencies?

- Puffytroll - 2010-11-19

Dependencies :
Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

When you have opened the spotinterface.cpp file you just use the arrows to navigate up and down. There is a line near the top that say "INSTER KEY HERE". Remove that line, copy the key from Spotify's page, and paste it there Wink (Paste in Putty: right click)

It should look like this i think:

Code:
SpotifyInterface *g_spotifyInterface;

const uint8_t g_appkey[] = {
    0xE5,0xE5, 0xE5,0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5, 0xE5,  etc....
    };

const size_t g_appkey_size = sizeof(g_appkey);

- stigroar - 2010-11-19

This is how my spotinterface looks like. No text to scroll through...

Then you eigther are in wrong directory or you havent downloaded and applied the patch

- stigroar - 2010-11-19

Ahhh.... Had forgot to enter the folder "trunk". Sorry. Have edited the file and am now running your dependencies code. Thanks again! Smile

Heh, no ploblem.

Just got it running aswell, by following Lordmozillas guide.

I can report some minor bugs:
- The thing that it finds all to many albums when searching after tracks.
- Some big playlists cause a segmentation fault.

else it works fine Wink

- stigroar - 2010-11-19

Step 13: sudo make install

Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~/temp/trunk$ sudo make install
[sudo] password for xbmc:
Copying XBMC binary to /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1

See what's wrong?

Yes, something went wrong while compiling, so Xbmc isnt compiled yet

- stigroar - 2010-11-19

just do another "make" then? can i be in wrong folder or anything?

And I have found a strange bug. I dont know if it is more, but when I put this song:
Code:
spotify:local:Prezioso+Feat.+Marvin:Hit+Mania+Dance+Estate+2003:Voglio+Vederti+Danzare:226
to a playlist and tries to open it in spotixbmc I get a segmentation fault...

Any ideas ? :p

- momoski - 2010-11-19

Hi Puffytroll,

I had it installed and working as well, but since the install scanning the media library is not working anymore. If you downloaded a new episode of a show or a new movie and want to add it to the library xbmc crashes. I am now redoing the whole thing. Is this happening to you as well.

About your large playlist, is that not the problem mentioned earlier about local files in playlists. If your playlist, xbmc crashes. I had to remove all local files from my playlists to make it work.

- stigroar - 2010-11-19

stigroar Wrote:just do another "make" then? can i be in wrong folder or anything?

I ran a new make. It stopped quite early, with lots of errors. http://pastebin.com/UH3kjwpD

- momoski - 2010-11-19

Is libspotify already installed with the altered api.h. I did get that error once as well and reinstalled libspotify version 0.0.3

I think that error it because of libspotify isn't correctly installed. When I installed it, I installed to both /usr and /usr/local Tongue then it worked

But does anyone know how I can stop it from crashing when i use certain playlists? And some tracks is named UNPLAYABLE before the real name like: Allan Jackson - NOT PLAYABLE - Remember when ?

How can i fix that ? Smile

- momoski - 2010-11-19

@stigroar: I know remember the error. Did you add -lspotify to the line with LIBS in the Makefile?

@Puffytroll: In one of the earlier posts Akezeke points me to some bugs in spotinterface.cpp. There are some lines that should be uncommented etc. I think it is two pages back.