Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- akezeke - 2010-12-14

@LeGrandHorg

I gave 0.0.6 a go a couple of days ago, I changed all necessary calls etc in the code but I´m missing something, on linux using any newer library than 0.0.3 nothing happens. No callbacks whatsoever.

If anyone finds out whats wrong please inform me and I will update the source, It sure would be nice to use the newest library.

- arfoll - 2010-12-14

akezeke Wrote:@LeGrandHorg

I gave 0.0.6 a go a couple of days ago, I changed all necessary calls etc in the code but I´m missing something, on linux using any newer library than 0.0.3 nothing happens. No callbacks whatsoever.

If anyone finds out whats wrong please inform me and I will update the source, It sure would be nice to use the newest library.

If you post the patch I can have a look before the end of the week. I've been wanting to move the newest library but haven't quite had the time.

- LeGrandHorg - 2010-12-14

akezeke and arfoll, if you two put your heads together and hammer out a patch I promise I will dedicate some time to testing it.

Great job getting this stuff working, both of you.

- tsint - 2010-12-14

@LeGrandHorg, i got it working thanks to your explanation about the ld-stuff, thanks! Smile

- LeGrandHorg - 2010-12-14

tsint Wrote:@LeGrandHorg, i got it working thanks to your explanation about the ld-stuff, thanks! Smile

You're welcome! I hoped posting about my "solution" could help others in the same state of confusion as I was in.

- oBey - 2010-12-21

Have been trying to get this working but have some problem. I have done all the steps to 12. When running the make command i get an error after awhile.
I dont know if i put the -lspotify line in the right place in the Makefile tho,

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.4.1/../../../../lib/libspotify.so when searching for -lspotify
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libspotify.so when searching for -lspotify
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.4.1/../../../libspotify.so when searching for -lspotify
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libspotify.so when searching for -lspotify
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libspotify.so when searching for -lspotify
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lspotify
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

Anyone with an idéa what i might have forgotten?

- LeGrandHorg - 2010-12-25

oBey Wrote:Anyone with an idéa what i might have forgotten?

This is only a guess, but it looks like you're building 64bit but using the 32bit spotify library.

- onderduiker - 2011-01-01

I like xbmc and spotify and I read every thread here.
I am pretty much a noob with linux, but I would like to give it a try Smile

I am using xbmc live (freak) and it works very well now. Before I start with the guide, I would like to have a kind of backup or something so if anything goes wrong I can go back to before the starting with the guide Wink

Is there an easy way to do that ?
thanks in advance and ofcourse everyone a hapy new year Rofl

UPDATE (9 jan)
It looks like this thread isn't very active on the moment ?
I hope there are still people working on this, because I like XBMC a lot. And maybe in the future there comes a plug-in for XBMC so it becomes more easy to install.
I also like spotify, so I guess I have to use mediaportal again.

- soder - 2011-01-05

About building your own XBMC with Spotify: I really like the SVN to download my XBMC, cause I don't feel like I want to build on my own.

But as I understand it, I have to build it my self if I want to use Spotify in it.

Can I in some way download and build, and then just copy some of my "build files" to my normally installation?

/Söder

- ingmarwa - 2011-01-12

Using Arch Linux I've gotten this to work with arfolls patch and libspotify 0.03. Thanks! It's great to have Spotify in xbmc. However, XBMC crashes when trying to access my playlists. Quite annoying. Does anyone have the same problem?

Maybe updating libspotify will help? Does anyone have a working patch for 0.0.6? Smile

- arfoll - 2011-01-12

ingmarwa Wrote:Using Arch Linux I've gotten this to work with arfolls patch and libspotify 0.03. Thanks! It's great to have Spotify in xbmc. However, XBMC crashes when trying to access my playlists. Quite annoying. Does anyone have the same problem?

Maybe updating libspotify will help? Does anyone have a working patch for 0.0.6? Smile

Upgrading libspotify will stop the patch compiling/working. I think the originator of the patch is working on a 0.0.6 version.

I don't have any problem accessing the playlists (you meant the spotify playlists or the XBMC playlists?)

Can you run XBMC through GDB and find out where it's crashing? It could be an easy fix.

- ingmarwa - 2011-01-12

I will do some more research when I get home (I'm at work right now), and find out why XBMC is crashing. I mean the spotify playlists, btw. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

- soder - 2011-01-14

soder Wrote:About building your own XBMC with Spotify: I really like the SVN to download my XBMC, cause I don't feel like I want to build on my own.

But as I understand it, I have to build it my self if I want to use Spotify in it.

Can I in some way download and build, and then just copy some of my "build files" to my normally installation?

/Söder

I still haven't got any answer for this, but I'm trying anyhow.

But, can someone please tell me how to get my key in to the patch? Shall I paste the code directly after the { in line 3062, or shall I paste it as a new line 3063?

http://piclair.com/6dic4

Thanks.

EDIT: Or is this right? http://piclair.com/bml41
There I have added + in front of the hex code...

/Söder

- MindTooth - 2011-01-26

Great idea Wink I hope to see this finalize in the future.

- dohnut - 2011-01-29

Would love to see something happen with this soon, great work so far on this much appreciated. Not managed to get anything working, can't really find clear instructions on how to get this working in windows.

Read the readme over at github but it assumes a lot of knowledge and steps such as "get spotyxbmc source and apply patch" (what patch) and "compile and install" are a foreign language to me.

A few out of date and abandoned projects found via google, nothing all that helpful unfortunately.