Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- akezeke - 2011-08-19

solem Wrote:Another thing; can this be compiled for XBMCLive following a guide like this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89817

I guess it should work.

- akezeke - 2011-08-19

TheeDude Wrote:Hello!

I just tried to build spotyxbmc, and the plugin seems to work, except that it can't login to my spotify account.
Here comes the output from the terminal when I start xbmc.

Any idea?

Thanks for a really nice plugin/addon so far!

Please update and try again, I added a little more helpful printout of the error.

- [Ad0] - 2011-08-19

akezeke Wrote:No spotyxbmc has not been seperated to an addon... yet. The code is better encapsulated to make way for the remake into an addon that will begin soon.

But if you want to use spotyxbmc with the pvr-branch its not that hard, download the pvr branch and the spotyxbmc branch. Create a diff between spotyxbmc and original xbmc master. Apply the diff to the pvr-branch (manually is safest)

There might even be a clever git trick to do it automatically since both branches has the same origin but I don't now how to do it. Someone else perhaps?

Edit:
Tried with this from inside the spotyxbmc2 dir

git remote add pvr git://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc.git
git fetch pvr
git merge pvr/master

I'v got only one merge conflict and that is in the settings.cpp, the video and music extensions, edit it manually and make sure that .spotify is still in the music part and .pvr is in the video.

Then just mark the confict as solved and build it. worked for me.

/David

THANKS! I will try this at home, but the other way around - adding spotyxbmc2 as another remote. Should only be 1 conflict this way too?

- akezeke - 2011-08-19

[Ad0];866889 Wrote:THANKS! I will try this at home, but the other way around - adding spotyxbmc2 as another remote. Should only be 1 conflict this way too?

I suppose Smile

I have only changed a small amount of files in the original XBMC structure so no more then these files should conflic anyway!

- spiff - 2011-08-19

i suggest you look at your diffs before you claim that Wink

i can't find an example now, but i saw several commits that changed the line endings on several files.

- TheeDude - 2011-08-19

akezeke Wrote:Please update and try again, I added a little more helpful printout of the error.

Of course!
How do I update, do I need to download the source and build it again, or is there an easier way?

- akezeke - 2011-08-19

TheeDude Wrote:Of course!
How do I update, do I need to download the source and build it again, or is there an easier way?

Just run:
git pull

from your working directory, it will update the source to the latest version, after that run make and make install again.

- akezeke - 2011-08-19

spiff Wrote:i suggest you look at your diffs before you claim that Wink

i can't find an example now, but i saw several commits that changed the line endings on several files.

Well, are you sure? I just looked through the diff (hasty) and could't find any altered line endings.

I will search further later...

Anyway the merge should be painless. Smile

- TheeDude - 2011-08-19

akezeke Wrote:Just run:
git pull

from your working directory, it will update the source to the latest version, after that run make and make install again.

Now I have tried to update.
And this time xbmc says "Bad username and/or password"
I have double checked my login, and that is correct.

- alex84 - 2011-08-20

akezeke Wrote:I guess it should work.

I have tried that, did not work for me Sad
Gues the livecd dist are missing some functions or something.

Wondering what an good platform to start on could be?
Using the livecd since it's lightweight compared to full blown ubuntu for my ion htpc.

- Thorn321 - 2011-08-20

I tested spotifyxbmc yesterday evening. It's really a nice integration of spotify.
However,there are two problems:
- with the night skin i get a black screen, if click on music on the homescreen.
- it's really unstable. i had 3 crashes yesterday... all crashes occured at the moment i selected a new song in spotify.

- akezeke - 2011-08-20

Thorn321 Wrote:I tested spotifyxbmc yesterday evening. It's really a nice integration of spotify.
However,there are two problems:
- with the night skin i get a black screen, if click on music on the homescreen.
- it's really unstable. i had 3 crashes yesterday... all crashes occured at the moment i selected a new song in spotify.

Hi,

I have not tried the night skin, will try and see what might couse that behavior.

Edit:
Tried it right now, and it worked for me, are you sure you are running the latest version of night (the pre-eden)?

Is it crashing when you are playing a spotify song and starts another? Can you please create an issue report at the github repo and describe a little further the circumstances when a crash happens and also provide the last bit of the terminal output?

/David

- akezeke - 2011-08-20

alex84 Wrote:I have tried that, did not work for me Sad
Gues the livecd dist are missing some functions or something.

Wondering what an good platform to start on could be?
Using the livecd since it's lightweight compared to full blown ubuntu for my ion htpc.

Well, if you can use the official xbmc master, then you can use mine, only difference is that you will need libspotify installed. I have not removed or alterer any other functionality in XBMC, only added hocks in the music section to load up spotify music.

- TheeDude - 2011-08-20

Hello again!

Anyone have an idea why I get "Error 401" & "Bad username and/or password" ?
I have tried to change my spotify password, and it works on spotify.com and the official spotify client, also Linux client.
But not in spotyxbmc.
Can it have something to do with the file appkey.h ?
I followed the instructions, and created the file, and pasted all information from spotify.com

Any other idea?
Would really like to test this future. Smile

- solem - 2011-08-21

@akezeke: Is there supposed to be a context menu, with options to queue songs and such? Everytime I press C it will result in a certain crash.

Other than that it is pretty stable now, on Confluence. I prefer Aeon Nox, but here it will sometimes crash when changing songs also.