Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- Tompen - 2011-10-08

akezeke - to compile on windows, I needed to replace the word
Quote:byte*
with
Quote:unsigned char*
on line 41, 42 and 51 in ThumbStore.h

And to start xbmc.exe, the file libspotify.dll needed to be renamed spotify.dll. XBMC now expect the name spotify.dll

- akezeke - 2011-10-08

Tompen Wrote:akezeke - to compile on windows, I needed to replace the word with on line 41, 42 and 51 in ThumbStore.h

And to start xbmc.exe, the file libspotify.dll needed to be renamed spotify.dll. XBMC now expect the name spotify.dll

Thank you for noticing, I have just pushed the fix!

- momoski - 2011-10-08

Any thoughts on this.

I saw this reply on this post and no replies to this . Did anyone manage to get it to work.

If not, please tell me which way to go:
1. clean Install latest xbmcfreak live cd based on Natty (from XBMCFreak)
2. go back to clean install of Dharma release on Lucid.

Off course if I could avoid that I would love to. I really want to avoid all the hassle of getting wireless, shares and remote to work with a clean install.

Please some one. Thanks for your thoughts.

- alex84 - 2011-10-08

U5tabil Wrote:Is it possible to get Spotify in XBMC live version?
I really want to just skip the damn windows shit and just have the box with XBMC and nothing more...

Go 5 pages back and read my post. I got it working on a live install.

- alex84 - 2011-10-08

gobba Wrote:hmm is there a plugin for this without needing to recompile xbmc? Im running pvr branch and its abit different.

Im afraid not. This because of licence yata yata. Only way as of now is to recompile.

- tsint - 2011-10-09

Ri4h5ar88 Wrote:Do you have any plans to integrate spotify playlists?
What do you mean? You find your Spotify playlists under the normal XBMC Playlist folder.

- mullcom - 2011-10-09

28. Double-click the file named BuildSetup.bat
1. This is where actual software developers may have a dissenting opinion, saying that it is not necessary to run this after going through the previous steps. Again, I am including this because these are the “exact” steps I followed to successfully get Spotify working with XBMC.
29. Wait for the script to finish

I get this messege :S

"I look in the folder and can not find a .exe file"

- Tompen - 2011-10-09

mullcom:

Run DownloadBuildDeps.bat in "path\to\xbmc\project\BuildDependencies"
(Avoid spaces in the path to the XBMC code directory. The batch file doesn't like them at the moment.)

Wait until the bat-file is complete

Run DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat in "path\to\xbmc\project\BuildDependencies"

Now you can run buildsetup again. Hopefully it will work better now

- Tompen - 2011-10-10

Ri4h5ar88 Wrote:Do you have any plans to integrate spotify playlists?

akezeke

In default.py for the addon, I noticed a todo note.
For me using windows, the following works.

Quote:def startPlugin():
if (__settings__.getSetting("enable") == "false"):
[INDENT]__settings__.openSettings()
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ReplaceWindow(home)')
[/INDENT]
else:
[INDENT]xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ReplaceWindow(musiclibrary,musicdb://)')
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Action(parentdir)')
[/INDENT]

startPlugin()

Edit:note there is a typo, musiclibrary is one word, by mistake this forum adds a space character.

- akezeke - 2011-10-10

Tompen Wrote:akezeke

In default.py for the addon, I noticed a todo note.
For me using windows, the following works.

Edit:note there is a typo, musiclibrary is one word, by mistake this forum adds a space character.

Works!

Thank you

- mullcom - 2011-10-10

Tompen Wrote:mullcom:

Run DownloadBuildDeps.bat in "path\to\xbmc\project\BuildDependencies"
(Avoid spaces in the path to the XBMC code directory. The batch file doesn't like them at the moment.)

Run DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat in "path\to\xbmc\project\BuildDependencies"

Now you can run buildsetup again. Hopefully it will work better now

oK..
thanks
I going to try this when i am home agen. will be back with result =D

- mullcom - 2011-10-10

great!!!! I have spotify in XBMC now

THX for good work boys

- dallasnights - 2011-10-10

No ATV love yet?

Spotify support in XBMC for iOS? - RockerC - 2011-10-12

I wonder if akezeke could get this to work on ATV2, iPad, and iPhone now that Spotify have released libspotify binaries for iOS

http://developer.spotify.com/blog/archives/2011/08/31/spotify-inside-your-ios-app/
Quote:Spotify inside your iOS app

Today we are announcing a great addition to the Spotify Platform. The Spotify Embedded Player libspotify 9 is now available for iOS.

We hope this will enable a new category of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch applications with Spotify inside and allow for more immersive music experiences within iOS apps.

The documentation should help you understand what features are available and get your creativity going. Download libspotify 9 here. Samples to get you started are included. You may want to use the Objective-C wrapper available here. We also have a new FAQ that answers common questions and helps you avoid common mistakes.

Changes since the last release:
  • New: binaries for iOS devices
  • Change: login API - passwords must not be stored
  • New: sp_offline_time_left() - exposes time left before offline tracks will expire
  • Fixed: Logged in state now tells you when the user is in offline mode (logged in, but offline)
Please make sure to review the Terms of Use. If you want to use libspotify commercially please contact our Partner team.

We’ll also be hosting a tech meetup in New York on September 7th where we’ll be talking about this release and all things Spotify Platform and APIs so come and join us if you can.

Sten Garmark, Director of Platform
I also noticed that Spotify have released libspotify 9.1.x binaries for loads of other hardware platforms too now
http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/overview/

Does this work with libspotify 9 already as it is? Huh

Time for all us to put some money together to donate an Apple TV 2 to akezeke?

Whatify??? - vurtual - 2011-10-14

I'm so sorry, I've had a reasonable look through some of the 60 or so pages here for help but I am stuck right from step 1.

I am running Dharma on Vista Home Premium. I've had a look at the instructions for Windows install, but I'm totally stuck on steps 1 and 3.

1: Obtain spotyXBMC2 source Use your favorite git tool to clone the repo: git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git
What is a git tool? And what is "clone the repo">

3: Build Follow a guide from XBMC.org and build it yourself, if you are not using the Win32BuildSetup util make sure that you copy libspotify.dll to your XBMC install location.
I'm not certain I understand a word of this! I think I need to find a guide somewhere on XBMC.org on how to build the installer file, but I've tried and I can't find it Sad

I hope someone can help me, or at least point me in the right direction for help. I've even trawled through some of github's help but I just have no idea what I'm looking for.

On the flipside, I am good at simplifying complex instructions, perhaps I could try and construct a simple how to once I have understood it myself