Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- soder - 2011-11-15

joymyr Wrote:No, it was a runtime-exception.
You're having a compile error. I don't know what it means.

akezeke tells me that it has to do with that I have "leftovers" from libspotify 9, but I'm sure that I've removed all the old libspotify before I've installed libstpofity 10.

Don't know that to do... =/

/Söder

- joymyr - 2011-11-15

akezeke Wrote:I have not found what causes the failure on 32 bit Linux, however I have set the tracefile to be NULL stopping libspotify to print out a massive log to a unspecified file somewhere in the filesystem that might have caused problems.

I have also fixed the error logging so please try again and report back what the log says when the session fails to be created.

The codebase is also merged with the latest commits from xbmc again hopefully resolving the vdpau problems encountered.

/David

Thanks. That solved my problem Smile

- joymyr - 2011-11-15

The top 100 lists doesn't list any items. Is there something I have to do to make it work?

- kooolkat357 - 2011-11-15

Quick question, if I install the latest nightly pre-eden, will spotify still work or will a new install remove it?

- neoflex - 2011-11-15

akezeke Wrote:I have not found what causes the failure on 32 bit Linux, however I have set the tracefile to be NULL stopping libspotify to print out a massive log to a unspecified file somewhere in the filesystem that might have caused problems.

I have also fixed the error logging so please try again and report back what the log says when the session fails to be created.

The codebase is also merged with the latest commits from xbmc again hopefully resolving the vdpau problems encountered.

/David

solved it for me to. Thanks a lot Wink
BTW, do you still plan to add the possibility to "star" an album or a song within XBMC?

- DDay - 2011-11-16

Many thanks! Was around MANY years ago (xbox era) but real life caught up, but recently found the time to setup a proper mediacenter. Just finished the first spotxbmc compile and working great for my purposes!!! Many thanks again!

- sgp01 - 2011-11-16

Wanted to say thanks as it works now for me as well on 32 bit Ubuntu!

- neoflex - 2011-11-17

for those who had the bug with ubuntu 32bits, does it work perfectly now?
for me there no crash anymore but the music skips. Every song. It ruins the music completly.

- soder - 2011-11-17

I fixed my shit with the libspotify and the problem to build xbmc.

I had some old stuff in /usr/lib that had to do with older libspotify. That was also the reason I had crashed in XBMC when I had build with libspotify9.

Great now again, when it works. =)

/Söder

Wont compile - mpukki - 2011-11-20

Hi,

I'm having a slight problem with building with the sxgb.sh script. Trying to refresh and i get this error:

spotyXBMC/radio/RadioBackgroundLoader.cpp: In member function âvirtual void addon_music_spotify::RadioBackgroundLoader:Tonguerocess()â:
spotyXBMC/radio/RadioBackgroundLoader.cpp:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
spotyXBMC/radio/RadioBackgroundLoader.cpp:61: error: âsp_track_get_availabilityâ was not declared in this scope
spotyXBMC/radio/RadioBackgroundLoader.cpp:69: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make[1]: *** [spotyXBMC/radio/RadioBackgroundLoader.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CPP xbmc/music/tags/VorbisTag.o
CPP xbmc/network/libscrobbler/lastfmscrobbler.o
AR xbmc/filesystem/filesystem.a
CPP xbmc/network/libscrobbler/librefmscrobbler.o
make: *** [xbmc/music/music.a] Error 2

Any ideas how to fix?

- mpukki - 2011-11-21

mpukki Wrote:Hi,

I'm having a slight problem with building with the sxgb.sh script.

Just noticed that spotyxbmc2 has changed to newer version of libspotify. updatet to the newest and now compiles just fine.

Compile SpotyXBMC2 for ATV2? - Rooster77 - 2011-11-22

Hi everyone

Just wanted to hear if someone had managed to compile David's XBMC branch for an ATV2?

I have made some testing and manage to compile the branch itself (after moving some files etc) but installing it or understand on how to insert the libspotify for IOS into the build was a no go. I realise that my skills in compiling is not just as good as needed for completing this.
So now I wonder if someone has manage to do this as I would really like to have Spotify on the ATVB2.
Any help and/or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

- sidetaske - 2011-11-23

Hi Akezeke,

Nice work with the Spotify integration. I tried the original xbmcspotify a while back with the original patch and libspotify 0.0.3 which I manually patched opdenkamps pvr xbmc source with. This worked a treat (sort of), but due to a lot of bugs and memory leaks, I gave this up. Now I'm looking into the possibility of implementing SpotyXBMC2 into the opdenkamp pvr source. My original plan was to merge the two sources by applying your changes to the XBMC pvr source. Do you have any thoughts about this or tips to the best approach to achieve my goal?

- Tompen - 2011-11-25

Hi akezeke,
Looking at your source, trying to learn stuff.
Why is it not:

Session::getInstance()->unlock();

before return on line 56 in SearchResultBackgroundLoader.cpp?
If log prints "search results arrived, aborting due to request", when is lock released?

- Tompen - 2011-11-25

sidetaske Wrote:Now I'm looking into the possibility of implementing SpotyXBMC2 into the opdenkamp pvr source. My original plan was to merge the two sources by applying your changes to the XBMC pvr source. Do you have any thoughts about this or tips to the best approach to achieve my goal?

Hi sidetaske, May I suggest you take a look at this post.