Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- Gr8rtek - 2012-03-08

Sveen Wrote:n00bquestion: Do I have to apply for a key in the link in the readme? Can't find "c-code" anywhere on the site...

I was able to go to http://developer.spotify.com, log in with my Spotify (premium) username/password, click "libspotify" in the top navigation, find "application key" (also in the top navigation) and then click c-code. Copy/paste this code into a text file and save as appkey.h, and you should be good to go.

It's been awhile since I've done this, and can't remember fully, but you may need to sign up for a developer's account. I'm sure others on this thread can confirm that.

Best of luck!

- Sveen - 2012-03-08

This is what I see: http://bildr.no/view/1126424

- dodoadoodoo - 2012-03-08

Sveen Wrote:This is what I see: http://bildr.no/view/1126424

And what happens after you applied?

/D

- Sveen - 2012-03-08

Haven't tried that yet, thought it seemed unlikley since I see others here just get it right off the page, but I'll try now.

Edit: Haha, feel kinda stupid, justed typed in something and got the c-code link right away Tongue

- Gr8rtek - 2012-03-09

Sveen Wrote:Haven't tried that yet, thought it seemed unlikley since I see others here just get it right off the page, but I'll try now.

Edit: Haha, feel kinda stupid, justed typed in something and got the c-code link right away Tongue

Sometimes experience is the best teacher Huh Glad you got it figured out!

- Sveen - 2012-03-09

Following your guide Gr8rtek I have a problem in the build in Visual C++, I don't know where to look for a log file, so I've pasted everything in the Output window to pastebin: http://pastebin.com/X6nBtpwA

- Nakebod - 2012-03-09

Don't know if you are stuck on the same part as where I was stuck, but I couldn't compile it either. And the official XBMC source compiled fine. First time I tried this, so everything is new to me Smile

After trying to build it, I got 1 failure:
Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 35 up-to-date, 0 skipped

Checking the output log further, I saw this line:
..\..\xbmc\Application.cpp(4835): error C3861: 'sleep': identifier not found
On line 4835 in xbmc\Application.cpp, there is a sleep(1);
Looking around in the file, every other sleep(); is called via Sleep(); and not sleep();

So I changed sleep(1); to Sleep(1); and it builds without errors.
I'm just an user, not a developer, so it could be a wrong fix, but so far it seems to work. Got myself a nice fresh XBMC build with Spotify support!

- Sveen - 2012-03-09

Nakebod Wrote:Don't know if you are stuck on the same part as where I was stuck, but I couldn't compile it either. And the official XBMC source compiled fine. First time I tried this, so everything is new to me Smile

Looking around in the file, every other sleep(); is called via Sleep(); and not sleep();

I'm just an user, not a developer, so it could be a wrong fix, but so far it seems to work. Got myself a nice fresh XBMC build with Spotify support!

Thank you worked like a charm Smile

Running the BuildSetup.bat I get asked if I want to compile a new exe or update an existing one. Which is right?

- Gr8rtek - 2012-03-10

Nakebod Wrote:Don't know if you are stuck on the same part as where I was stuck, but I couldn't compile it either. And the official XBMC source compiled fine. First time I tried this, so everything is new to me Smile

I got an error trying to compile against the latest "pull", which compiled fine previously (Beta 3), so it may be something Akezeke changed on his end. I rebuilt my dev machine yesterday and am still putting my dev environment back together. I will try another compile and see if it succeeds, or if it doesn't try to look for the change you listed above.

Quote:Running the BuildSetup.bat I get asked if I want to compile a new exe or update an existing one. Which is right?

Either is correct, depending on whether you want to create a new installer file or make changes to an installer file you have already created. I just make a new file, which makes it easier to go back to a previous version if I encounter errors.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - beefystripper - 2012-03-17

Hi there

Awsome addon, does it support iOS (ATV2) yet?

//Beefy

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Phr0zenPhara0 - 2012-03-18

Spotify is new in Germany (Since a few days). So i just compiled the xbmc-pvr-spotify sources a few houres ago for my 2 Linux HTPC's. Im excited, works perfectly!!!!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Machete - 2012-03-27

Hi, anyone know a way to add CDart support for the spotify starred albums ?

Thanks.

RE: - fairtekservices - 2012-03-27

(2012-02-21, 04:18)lokikameoleon Wrote:
fairtekservices Wrote:I will be working on verions for Mac, iOS, and ATV as well. Hopefully I can get the ATV version out for the user above to test out.

Thank you so much Akezeke for developing this! Great job.

I will post the downloads as soon as they are available.

Fairtekservices, Has there been an update for the Mac version? I'd be willing to test for you if necessary Smile

I have not had much time to work on it. I have not yet been able to make it compile without an error. I am still currently working on it. Sorry for the delayed response.

I will keep you posted!

As for the other user who mentioned his antivirus going off it is definitely a false positive. Try scanning it with some other Anti-Virus applications. Which anti-virus are you using btw?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - thebearnecessit - 2012-03-27

I have Eden installed without spotyxbmc2 and have spent many many hours getting it the way i want it.

I have a spotyxbmc2 executable that I compiled 6 weeks ago. Can't remember if it was dharma or eden beta2.

Is there anyway I can get spotify into my new eden installation without having to recomile and do all my xbmc config again?

could i try this?

1. use fairtekservices instructions on post 764 to install xbmc with spotify
2. download the new eden executable file and install over the top of my fresh me xbmc with spotify
3. then just start a portable mode folder, and save my previous portable mode folder into that?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fairtekservices - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-27, 22:39)thebearnecessit Wrote: I have Eden installed without spotyxbmc2 and have spent many many hours getting it the way i want it.

I have a spotyxbmc2 executable that I compiled 6 weeks ago. Can't remember if it was dharma or eden beta2.

Is there anyway I can get spotify into my new eden installation without having to recomile and do all my xbmc config again?

could i try this?

1. use fairtekservices instructions on post 764 to install xbmc with spotify
2. download the new eden executable file and install over the top of my fresh me xbmc with spotify
3. then just start a portable mode folder, and save my previous portable mode folder into that?

No. I have already tried this. Once you install the new version spotify is gone. It is built directly into the music section so it gets overwritten by the new XBMC build.