Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - KRKA01 - 2012-04-27

(2012-04-27, 14:09)neoflex Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 09:08)KRKA01 Wrote: I think that many user have started to use Spotimc instead because you install it just like any other XBMC addon.

I tried Spotimc and it's indeed promising. I came back to SPOTYXBMC2 because I love the integration of starred items and also because I need the webinterface integration.

I agree, the integration is much better with SpotyXBMC2.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - KRKA01 - 2012-04-27

(2012-04-27, 13:36)Pikselli Wrote: How can i create a ZIP file from this?

Dont understand how to do that. I'am to dumb for this Sad

Quote: Obtain spotyXBMC2 source Use your favorite git tool to clone the repo: git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git

this is what i dont understand.... can you please help me Sad((

I can see in your other posts on this forum that you are a windows user. I would suggest you have a look at Gr8rteks Compile SpotyXBMC2 for Windows guide, It´s a step by step guide how to compile and configure SpotyXBMC2 on windows, including the installation of a Windows git tool and also how to clone the repo.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fldc - 2012-04-28

Hi, i've just compiled and installed this great piece of software called spotyxbmc2 on my htpc running xbmcbuntu and I have some problems Big Grin
Json calls doesn't seem to be working at all, web interface and plugins using json-rpc as next aired does not work, is this to be expected?
Things work fine if i use the regular build.

And problem number two, when browsing some of the spotify menus the marker seems to move down to the first entry in the list automatically, so if you want to go up from the directory later you need to be really fast on the keyboard, any workarounds? Big Grin

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-04-28

(2012-04-28, 10:47)fldc Wrote: Hi, i've just compiled and installed this great piece of software called spotyxbmc2 on my htpc running xbmcbuntu and I have some problems Big Grin
Json calls doesn't seem to be working at all, web interface and plugins using json-rpc as next aired does not work, is this to be expected?
Json calls don't work for spotify stuff only or also for your local music ?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fldc - 2012-04-29

(2012-04-28, 23:44)neoflex Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 10:47)fldc Wrote: Hi, i've just compiled and installed this great piece of software called spotyxbmc2 on my htpc running xbmcbuntu and I have some problems Big Grin
Json calls don't work for spotify stuff only or also for your local music ?

I was talking in general, apparently it works after testing with simple rest client, but "title" is returned empty when listing library on spotyxbmc2, so not much works. I'm trying this on my tv and movie library as i don't expect spotify to fully work.

EDIT: removed the commits updating jsonrpc to v5 for now and everything is working again Big Grin

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - timmken - 2012-05-05

Hello all,

anyone compiled this for 11.0 final (win7/32bit) and could provide a download ?
Using beta1 atm.

This script should make it into the normal xbmc build, it´s abolutely great!

Thx for all help in advance

Tom

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Rick7C2 - 2012-05-05

I would love to see a Rhapsody version of this.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - henrikyo - 2012-05-11

tried to build this today, after building i get 9 error messages

all related to d3dx9

which is weird since i have the sdk installed

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - henrikyo - 2012-05-11

would really appreciate it if someone could build this, and upload the .exe

Cant see why no one is doing it, would have dont it myself, but im running into all sorts of problems

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fldc - 2012-05-12

I compiled the current source from spotyxbmc2 yesterday and get lots of random crashes when playing video, so here is a crash log as it seems to be spotyxbmc2 related.
http://pastebin.ca/2147805

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - modderhut - 2012-05-13

If compiled one and it's running fine for me on Windows 7 x64. I have not compiled full installer, these are files that you can manually copy and the instructions where to place them are in the file. Spotyxbmc2 source was copied yesterday and is original, no edits except a typo correction.

https://hotfile.com/dl/155772936/4fb963e/XBMCSpotify.rar.html

remember to fill your account information in settings/addons in XBMC and the restart XBMC.

Hope that helps.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - henrikyo - 2012-05-13

followed the instruction, had a fresh copy of frodo alpha (nightly) installed.

Did the install. got an error message when double clicking the new exe files, saying xbmc needs to close.

so i never got to the splash screen

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - modderhut - 2012-05-14

(2012-05-13, 20:26)henrikyo Wrote: followed the instruction, had a fresh copy of frodo alpha (nightly) installed.

Did the install. got an error message when double clicking the new exe files, saying xbmc needs to close.

so i never got to the splash screen

Sry to hear that. I have compiled a full installer; http://hotfile.com/dl/155807063/ae17048/...x.rar.html

If you want give it a try please let me know the result.

good luck!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - henrikyo - 2012-05-14

Thanks so much

Working beautifully, finally got frodo alpha working with spottily.

Again, huge thanks Smile Waited for this for so long

Need to try again later to compile it, when Audio Branch is included in the xbmcspotify stuff. Because spotyxbmc + Audio branch = WIN

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-05-15

sorry to tell you you'll have to wait for a bit for the merge with the AudioEngine, this merge isn't so easy.
If someone is willing to help, please submit a pull request!